"By all means, leave" - Wyoming Representative's response

This is a discussion on "By all means, leave" - Wyoming Representative's response within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is an interesting response a new resident, who is anti-gun, got from a representative in their new state... ‘BY ALL MEANS, LEAVE’: THE AMAZINGLY ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: "By all means, leave" - Wyoming Representative's response

VIP Member

Here is an interesting response a new resident, who is anti-gun, got from a representative in their new state...

‘BY ALL MEANS, LEAVE’: THE AMAZINGLY BLUNT RESPONSE ONE STATE REP. GAVE A CITIZEN WHO WROTE HIM OPPOSING CONCEALED CARRY IN SCHOOLS
    Feb. 24, 2013 12:12pm Madeleine Morgenstern

Get out of here.

That was one Wyoming state representative’s message to a resident who contacted him recently stating her opposition to a bill that would have allowed people with concealed carry permits to carry guns in public schools, colleges and sporting events.

The rest of the story here: ?By All Means, Leave?: The Amazingly Blunt Response One State Rep. Gave a Citizen Who Wrote Him Opposing Concealed Carry in Schools | TheBlaze.com
    Anubis, NONAME762, Tzadik and 9 others like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Bravo!! EXCELLENT response. Succinct, direct, unambiguous, and to-the-point. I wish my State Reps were so bold!

That reply letter is a bit blunt, but the message is crystal clear. Not exactly a typical politician's response. More like a responsible citizen-leader response. Getting reelected isn't the point. Executing proper governance and helping ensure we continue in the right direction is. Nice to see at least one hireling who knows it.

Kudos, Rep. Hunt, for sticking to the principles that have helped make Wyoming's citizens who they are.
    NONAME762, msgt/ret and BurgerBoy like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

We need more like him in office.

I wish politicians in my last home state of NH would do the same thing to folks from Massachusetts that move there and want to change the state.
    HotGuns, ppkheat and Jackster like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Blunt? Perhaps, but its refreshing to read a direct and straight forward response instead of PC crap.
    Jackster and BurgerBoy like this.
    "The only thing I'm an expert about is my experience."

Kudos!

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Statesman Steps Up For Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Here is an interesting response a new resident, who is anti-gun, got from a representative in their new state...

‘BY ALL MEANS, LEAVE’: THE AMAZINGLY BLUNT RESPONSE ONE STATE REP. GAVE A CITIZEN WHO WROTE HIM OPPOSING CONCEALED CARRY IN SCHOOLS
    Feb. 24, 2013 12:12pm Madeleine Morgenstern

Get out of here.

That was one Wyoming state representative’s message to a resident who contacted him recently stating her opposition to a bill that would have allowed people with concealed carry permits to carry guns in public schools, colleges and sporting events.

The rest of the story here: ?By All Means, Leave?: The Amazingly Blunt Response One State Rep. Gave a Citizen Who Wrote Him Opposing Concealed Carry in Schools | TheBlaze.com
    WOW!!! Hans Hunt is a STATESMAN. Not a politician like most regardless of their party. Mr Hunt is right up there in my book and sounds extremely Ron Paul like.

Makes me wish I lived in Wyoming.
    -------------------------
    It was brought to my attention a couple hours ago that Mr Hunt was somewhat rude to this new *resident* for her views on this gnarly topic.
    Well the person who said this to me in this forum did have a point. I did not agree then as I do not agree now and this is my counter point.

In the 50 states there is as far as I know no clear cut ABSOLUTE as to Minimum Length of Residence to make a newly settled person a Bonifide Resident of their *new* state of *residence*. For example in WA state I think (but don't hold me accountable) you have to live here 90 days before you can Register To Vote. If you're pulled over by LE for whatever with out of state plates and you tell the officer you've just moved here he WILL TELL YOU how long you have to change your registration and get new WA plates and possibly a new WA Drivers License as well.
    And IT AIN'T 90 DAYS BUBBA.

OK...I've set the ground work here. I think tho I'm not absolutely positive this woman and her hubby were/are RECENT TRANSPLANTS. Quite possibly they've not even been here long enough to QUALIFY for actual bonifide residents to qualify for state aid like food stamps or state funded medical or dental or inexpensive cell phone plans.

What I am getting at is simply this. They are barely settled in their new digs and right away they want their *new state* made into a carbon copy of WHERE THEY CAME FROM. Well boys and girls I gotta side WITH MR HUNT. I make no bones about it. Flat out like Mr Hunt said if these new *transplants* DON'T LIKE IT they should pack up their kit and move to Commiefornia or Colorado or better yet make the Big Move to China or N Korea.

For the record around 38 years ago California and Colorado both were basically conservative states. With the end of the Vietnam War tho this entire country began to go through a metamorphosis for the worst. People from the East went to CA and CO to get away from the BS and possibly without realizing it at first turned their new states into carbon copies of what they had left.

I'm feeling a bit like the venerable Paul Harvey. Good Day!
    Last edited by NONAME762; February 25th, 2013 at 05:15 AM. Reason: New info brought to my attention.
    Jackster and Arborigine like this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

"With the recent and reactive expansion of gun laws and the profoundly serious dangers of fracking, we find we are seriously reconsidering our decision..."
    The "dangers" of fracking, too. Typical hippie Unitarian drool. The "Reverend" has a "church" in Cheyenne.

"her congregation is a mash-up of people with a wide range of underlying beliefs, from nominal Christians and Buddhists to earth-centric faiths and even agnostics and atheists."
    Now, that's inclusive!

If she has to live in my home state, I guess Cheyenne's as good a place as any. Very close to the border.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Gotta love it.

These people that move from an area they've screwed up and want to do the same to another never learn.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

"Ample evidence has shown that schools and guns do not mix, and in particular, guns in the hands of amateurs/non-professionals is extremely dangerous, especially in any highly-charged situation."

Ample evidence? Did I miss something? This is news to me.
    Never get out of the boat....

VIP Member
    I'll admit I have mixed feelings. In part because I've shot my mouth off based on emotion at times (even on this board) and I later realize my comments were not as well thought out as they should have been. But that's not the main reason; instead, I do feel that all representatives should be respectful to each person to whom they are elected to serve. I agree with what he wrote, but I think he crossed the line when he stated the following:

It offends me to no end when liberal out-of-staters such as yourself move into Wyoming, trying to get away from where they came from, and then pompously demand that Wyoming conform to their way of thinking.

First, she's not an "out-of-stater." She's a resident of his state. Second, she may be liberal, but he should respect her politics, and not turn it into an ad hominem attack. I agree her letter was a bit pompous, but his letter was just the same.

Would we all feel the same if the roles were reversed and the resident had just moved to California and asked the rep to consider expanding the right to carry, and then received a letter back from the state rep telling him to move back to, say, Texas?

My point, which I have been meandering around, is that we should expect our elected officials to treat us with respect, regardless of our respective positions. The days of serfs and noblemen have long passed.

He said exactly what more should.Say what you feel.If it's blunt and truthful,good.If they don't like it,bye bye
    OkSlim and BurgerBoy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat_Guy View Post
    "Ample evidence has shown that schools and guns do not mix, and in particular, guns in the hands of amateurs/non-professionals is extremely dangerous, especially in any highly-charged situation."

Ample evidence? Did I miss something? This is news to me.
    She's obviously swallowed the logical fallacy thing hook, line and sinker, the idea that since armed criminals are obviously bad that somehow armed upstanding citizens must be equally bad. She hasn't engaged her brain, on the concept. She's stuck on the "gun" and not on crime and criminals, somehow forgetting the fact that it's criminals who are perpetrating these criminal acts ... not upstanding armed citizens.

Of course, with that rep's terse reply, she'll not be understanding the distinction anytime soon, I'll bet. And she probably won't, either, until violent crime jumps on her head and she's incapable of doing a damned thing about it on the instant it occurs. And even then she might not appreciate the distinction, the utility of an armed citizen.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

"Educated citizen" yet she doesn't back up a single one of her opinions with facts, but rather emotional responses. That's not educated.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links