Mean While in Arkansas..............

This is a discussion on Mean While in Arkansas.............. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I sure do feel for you guys that live under liberal rule; mean while here in Arkansas, things are much different. A new law going ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 5 Post By John Luttrel
  • 1 Post By John Luttrel

Thread: Mean While in Arkansas..............

I sure do feel for you guys that live under liberal rule; mean while here in Arkansas, things are much different.

A new law going through in our state will allow open carry.
    Bill Information

This law allowing concealed carry in churches just passed a week ago.
    Bill Information

This new law will allow reduced fees for veterans and senior citizens to get their concealed carry license; it will also allow anyone with a protection order against someone to get it for free.
    Bill Information

This new law will keep employers from banning a legal handgun to be stored in an employee's car while at work.
    Bill Information

This law will allow trained and licensed staff and faculty to carry a concealed handgun on a university, college, or community college campus under certain curcumstances.
    Bill Information

This new law allows schools k-12 to contract with staff to provide security during school hours, with a licensed concealed carry handgun.
    Bill Information

This new law keeps left wing nut jobs from publishing the names and addresses of legally licensed to carry permit holders.
    Bill Information
    John Luttrell

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    I'm so excited because the concealed teacher part will likely apply to me. Although, i'm already hearing that some schools like UALR will be opting out of any of it. Our records being sealed off is also very nice.

John, what are your thoughts on the open carry part getting through...? I would really like to open a wee bit, too.

Quote Originally Posted by John Luttrel View Post
    I sure do feel for you guys that live under liberal rule; mean while here in Arkansas, things are much different.

A new law going through in our state will allow open carry.
    Bill Information

This law allowing concealed carry in churches just passed a week ago.
    Bill Information

This new law will allow reduced fees for veterans and senior citizens to get their concealed carry license; it will also allow anyone with a protection order against someone to get it for free.
    Bill Information

This new law will keep employers from banning a legal handgun to be stored in an employee's car while at work.
    Bill Information

This law will allow trained and licensed staff and faculty to carry a concealed handgun on a university, college, or community college campus under certain curcumstances.
    Bill Information

This new law allows schools k-12 to contract with staff to provide security during school hours, with a licensed concealed carry handgun.
    Bill Information

This new law keeps left wing nut jobs from publishing the names and addresses of legally licensed to carry permit holders.
    Bill Information
    WOW!!!

TBT when I started reading your post I was gonna say sumpin semi gnarly about Arkansas and Billy Clinton........

But Mister Arkansas has come A LONG WAY for 2A Freedom since those days...

Besides which I believe Kurt Saxon of Poor Man's Armorer and the Poor Man's James Bond came from your neck of the woods. That's something right there to be Proud Of.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Senior Moderator
    It is amazing to me that while some states are loosening up on laws that make "common sense" that others are tightening the noose and calling them "common sense" measures.

Nowhere in the world is "common sense" interpreted as widely as it is here in the U.S.A.

The rift continues to grow wider with each passing day.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    I'm so excited because the concealed teacher part will likely apply to me. Although, i'm already hearing that some schools like UALR will be opting out of any of it. Our records being sealed off is also very nice.

John, what are your thoughts on the open carry part getting through...? I would really like to open a wee bit, too.
    While I'll probably only practice open carry while out in the woods, I totally support the individual choice of open or concealed carry; for one thing we will not have to worry so much about a wardrobe malfunction on a windy day at the gas pumps.
    wishyouwell likes this.
    John Luttrell

VIP Member

Thumbs up Concealed-carry law signed in Arkansas

Arkansas' lieutenant governor signs concealed-carry law - UPI.com

LITTLE ROCK, Ark., Feb. 23 (UPI) -- Arkansas Lt. Gov. Mark Darr, describing himself as an enthusiastic backer of gun rights, has signed a concealed-carry law.

Darr, a Republican, was standing in as acting governor Friday for the state's Democratic governor, Mike Beebe, who had said he would let the bill become law without signing it, KHOZ-AM, Harrison, reported.

"Having been an outspoken advocate for Second Amendment rights, I felt passionately that there should be no delays in signing this bill into law," Darr said. "Within the bill is an emergency clause which states that once this bill is signed the state of Arkansas can no longer publicly release records concerning persons licensed to carry a concealed handgun or those applying for such a license. The release of such records is an invasion of privacy and threatens the safety and property of the persons identified."

Gun shops that offer concealed-carry classes in Arkansas say they have waiting lists, KARK-TV, Little Rock, reported. Don Hill, owner of Don's Weaponry in North Little Rock, said he offers a class every two weeks and they always fill up quickly.

The classes include 5-6 hours in the classroom plus time on the gun range. Hill said more women have been signing up for the class.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member
    I sure hope Michigan legislators see this and start formulating a plan.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

...Christmas comes early in Arkansas...a lot of good common sense there...glad for you all...

Way to go AR...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Nice going Arkansas, now if we can just get our legislators to get off their duffs and move our laws through also.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by 7th Circuit Court of Appeals' 12/2012 ruling on carry in IL
    "We are disinclined to engage in another round of historical analysis to determine whether 18th-century America understood the Second Amendment to include a right to bear guns outside the home. The Supreme Court has decided that the amendment confers a right to bear arms for self-defense, which is as important outside the home as inside."
    Many of the states are showing this, in spades. Hopefully the hits keep on comin'.

Keep up the pressure, all! Folks are starting to listen.

And pull out the stops (with your legislators) regarding the push for the pointless expansion of the background check scheme, which will universally apply only to citizens seeking to comply, not to criminals sidestepping compliance.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sponsored Links