Went to the gun show today

This is a discussion on Went to the gun show today within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have deliberately avoided the gun shows since Sandy Hook, because I'm not a fan of either huge crowds or price gouging. So today, just ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By noway2

Thread: Went to the gun show today

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar

I have deliberately avoided the gun shows since Sandy Hook, because I'm not a fan of either huge crowds or price gouging. So today, just on a whim, I decided to go. I figured that Sunday would be less crowded. I was right.

But do you know what made me very pleasantly surprised? AR's, AK's, and ammo everywhere! Seriously. I expected the stands to be picked clean with very little left. I was very happy to see otherwise. You couldn't turn around without bumping into an AR variant of some kind. And, I saw a few in the $1000.00 - $1100.00 range brand new. Ammo was everywhere, and I also picked up a scope and two 20-round Tapco mags for my SKS, in the matching Dark Earth color, of course.

For a brief fleeting moment there, it almost felt like I was living in a free country again.

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

2. Remove Ads

Where was the gun show? This is great news.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I was in San Diego, CA last week and I was absolutely amazed to see a billboard sign advertising a gun show.
    NONAME762 and SpringerXD like this.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I have deliberately avoided the gun shows since Sandy Hook, because I'm not a fan of either huge crowds or price gouging. So today, just on a whim, I decided to go. I figured that Sunday would be less crowded. I was right.

But do you know what made me very pleasantly surprised? AR's, AK's, and ammo everywhere! Seriously. I expected the stands to be picked clean with very little left. I was very happy to see otherwise. You couldn't turn around without bumping into an AR variant of some kind. And, I saw a few in the $1000.00 - $1100.00 range brand new. Ammo was everywhere, and I also picked up a scope and two 20-round Tapco mags for my SKS, in the matching Dark Earth color, of course.

For a brief fleeting moment there, it almost felt like I was living in a free country again.

Out of curiosity, would you mind sharing with us what state the gun show was held in?
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

VIP Member
    I went to the show in Columbus a couple weeks ago, and saw more black rifles displayed than I ever have before. Over-priced, but certainly available. 9mm Glocks and M&Ps, otoh, were not to be seen. Ammo was all high dollar, but also there.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I went to an auction yesterday, and it was pure panic mode. 22 ammo was going for 50$ a brick. Pure madness. It didn't help our local news did an article about finding ammo, and buying it when you can, because its a nationwide shortage. :(

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Man the gun shows at Del Mar Fairgrounds were always one of the biggest and best I have ever went to when I used to live in Oceanside and San Diego. I now live in the Atlanta area and our gun shows are weak and small and over priced just to get in. I am glad to see that things are slowing back to normal supply standards. Now to see the prices come back down. As far as the gun rights being infringed battle. We have just began the fight.

It would now appear that the Senate might be able to move forward with giving the time of day to the Universal background checks bill. Please continue fighting these clowns at every level and tell them NO to any further attempts to illegally infringe our protected rights any more.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by NolePhin View Post
    Where was the gun show? This is great news.
    Knoxville, TN.

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    Out of curiosity, would you mind sharing with us what state the gun show was held in?
    Knoxville, TN.

-miklcolt45

Links