Gun Buy Back FAIL - Private Citizens BUY 300 Firearms and drive Antis Nuts! Video

This is a discussion on Gun Buy Back FAIL - Private Citizens BUY 300 Firearms and drive Antis Nuts! Video within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Title of News Report: More than 300 guns sold at sheriff buy back event Posted at: 02/23/2013 9:41 PM By: Maria Guerrero, KOB Eyewitness News ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Gun Buy Back FAIL - Private Citizens BUY 300 Firearms and drive Antis Nuts! Video

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.

Thumbs up Gun Buy Back FAIL - Private Citizens BUY 300 Firearms and drive Antis Nuts! Video

Title of News Report: More than 300 guns sold at sheriff buy back event
    Posted at: 02/23/2013 9:41 PM
    By: Maria Guerrero, KOB Eyewitness News 4

buyback.jpg

My Comments: Watch the video at the link. I love free enterprise, and 'saving guns'! And you know these 'Buyers' got some GREAT deals! Gee, if the local PD and 'Do Gooders' could just coordinate a 'Bullet Buy Back' at the same time........ heck, they'd have one darned good impromptu Gun Show then!

........Deputies kept a group of private buyers across the street.

"Paying cash on this side,” yelled the group to the residents lined up.

A cheer erupted every time someone walked over to the buyers instead of waiting in line.

“You're making the right choice here. Saving guns," said a gun buyer.

"Ok, you can have it,” said Herman Padilla. “So I don't have to wait in line."

Video and the Rest: More than 300 guns sold at sheriff buy back event | KOB.com

EDIT ADD - I know the Title of the News Station Report is confusing with the # that was turned in (Bought Back to the PD). I chose to go with the title, as they implied it..... LOL.... still works for me.
    Last edited by ANGLICO; February 25th, 2013 at 01:45 AM. Reason: I no spell good!

2. Remove Ads

Well at least they saved some weapons from the trash............
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    "I think people showing up at an event like this with the purpose of getting guns off the street and [private buyers] coming in to buy them for personal use with no background check is immoral,” she said.
    And I find the idea of so-called “buy backs” immoral, after all how can you buy back something you never owned in the first place?
    buckfynn, Ransom, ANGLICO and 1 others like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    And I find the idea of so-called “buy backs” immoral, after all how can you buy back something you never owned in the first place?
    Excellent Point! I guess it is all in the symantics of the issue.............................

Good for those guys. I wish they did something like that here in Arizona. The way I feel is those people turning in their guns probably shouldn't have them anyway.

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

VIP Member
    They had a “buy back” recently in Rocky Mount, had I known about it ahead of time I would have done the same thing.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

It beats going to the gun stores that don't have any guns to sell. At least you know there will be guns to buy at the buy-back. We need to get the word out that these are a good place to buy guns. Buy-backs would probably stop in a hurry.
    msgt/ret and vilecanards like this.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Quote Originally Posted by Comment by a bystander
    But among the signs promising cash on the spot was a lady with a different message.

"I think they're violating the spirit of the gun buy-back," said Jill Gatwood of Albuquerque.
    Darned right, IMO. And for good reason.

The ostensible motive for a buy-back is to reduce crime. And some small percentage of guns in any buy-back is likely to be taking it out of the hands of a criminal. Whether it goes into an incinerator or into the hands of another citizen is irrelevant, from the standpoint of crime reduction. Unless, of course, the real motive is to disarm citizens. Result of buy-backs: pointless, at best; aiding and abetting tyranny, at worst.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; February 25th, 2013 at 09:10 AM. Reason: grammar
    Tzadik likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Sly
    Every community is short of funds, but in the blink of an eye will spend tax money on these useless buy backs that are just more Liberal "feel good" propaganda. Very sad, we take guns from our own law abiding citizens, but give weapons of war to our enemies so they play nice.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I bet most of the people who show up to these "buy backs" are people who inherited a gun from a family member and has no idea how to legally get rid of it. Could you imagine what a great business you could have by auctioning off those guns to interested buyers? The hard part is getting the word out to the disinterested gun owners and getting their trust.

If you watch the video, you can see the --ahem-- quality of weapons the Sheriff got... Camera pans over the table of handguns... a revolver frame with no cylinder... useless. As it points at the table full of long arms... old stocks and rusty barrels.. "They got 2 assault weapons..... " why didn't they show those "prizes?"

They were out to get evil guns off the street, but what you see are busted revolvers, and old single shots... I'm not saying there weren't any good guns on the sheriff's tables...

But if they wanted to make the sheep feel good they should have shown some of those evil black guns, properly restrained so they wouldn't leap off the tables, load themselves, and go off on a rampage.
    boscobeans likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    If you watch the video, you can see the --ahem-- quality of weapons the Sheriff got... Camera pans over the table of handguns... a revolver frame with no cylinder... useless. As it points at the table full of long arms... old stocks and rusty barrels.. "They got 2 assault weapons..... " why didn't they show those "prizes?"

They were out to get evil guns off the street, but what you see are busted revolvers, and old single shots... I'm not saying there weren't any good guns on the sheriff's tables...

But if they wanted to make the sheep feel good they should have shown some of those evil black guns, properly restrained so they wouldn't leap off the tables, load themselves, and go off on a rampage.
    In California, they keep trotting out an expended rpg tube that's only threat would be falling on someone's toe. It seems to make an appearance after every "buy back" to show the evil that they are protecting the citizens from.

There are people who take SO MUCH TIME and expertise to craft these weapons for our use. These artisans sacrifice to create these masterpieces and our government wants to destroy them.

Someone going to the Louvre and burning it to the ground. Kind of what I see when there is another "buy back."
    oneshot likes this.

taking 2nd amend.,gun buy backs, regitration, what a bunch of obama puppets. after all the guns are gone then the big picture take all the public owned gold so the can pay back bonds ,and no guns to stop it

I can't get the video to play.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links