Need help summarizing what we would lose

This is a discussion on Need help summarizing what we would lose within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Need help summarizing what we would lose I have been asked to put together a list of all things that would affect all United States ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Need help summarizing what we would lose

I have been asked to put together a list of all things that would affect all United States citizens if we did not have our Constitution of United States, I know the obvious just quoting the Constitution, what would be the biggest things how it would affect our daily lives, that we would not be allowed to do and what powers over us they would have liberties to do to us anytime they want to, what I'm looking for is how this would affect our daily lives as citizens. I would imagine it would be close to living under martial law. Would you still be allowed to own your own house, would you be allowed to choose your job, could you choose what you want to eat, would you have to be careful talking to your neighbor, would you actually own anything, could you live as a family or could they separate you if it benefits the government, I could use help with this, how much of our income could they take from us from our job if they wanted to. If you choose to help me could you give it in a quick summary, I have to get this together before a rally supporting the Second Amendment

2. Remove Ads

We would be subjects, and we would do, have, and say whatever our rulers want with no recourse.
    NCSoxFan likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

The simplest answer is, without the Constitution you would be forced into slavery by those with the most power.

You would live where they force you to live.
    You would wake up at the time of day their buzzer sounded.
    You would be forced to labor for nothing in return except your daily food ration.
    You would go to sleep when they turned their lights off in the area where you are kept.
    You would no longer own anything...you might be able to keep things in your possession but it would not be your property (yes, you would no longer have your cell phone).
    You would not have the ability to speak freely.
    You would have no rights.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    I would imagine it would be close to living under martial law.
    I fear you don't understand your own question.

We the People of the United States
    W/o the constitution, there would not be a United States of America.
    We would still be under the king's tyranny.
    atctimmy likes this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    The simplest answer is, without the Constitution you would be forced into slavery by those with the most power.

You would live where they force you to live.
    You would wake up at the time of day their buzzer sounded.
    You would be forced to labor for nothing in return except your daily food ration.
    You would go to sleep when they turned their lights off in the area where you are kept.
    You would no longer own anything...you might be able to keep things in your possession but it would not be your property (yes, you would no longer have your cell phone).
    You would not have the ability to speak freely.
    You would have no rights.
    Ummm...even with the Constitution, millions of people were kept in slavery for over one hundred years. The constitution should be a document that guarantees certain rights, but historically speaking, that has not been the case.

I agree with others, though. If the Constitution were disposed of, the United States of America would cease to exist. It is too much of our identity, it informs too much of our daily lives. Is it open to interpretation? Sure. Just as the lines "All men are created equal" was interpreted to mean all WHITE MEN, not African Americans and not womens. So too is the 2nd Amendment open for interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by tele_pathic View Post
    Ummm...even with the Constitution, millions of people were kept in slavery for over one hundred years. The constitution should be a document that guarantees certain rights, but historically speaking, that has not been the case.

I agree with others, though. If the Constitution were disposed of, the United States of America would cease to exist. It is too much of our identity, it informs too much of our daily lives. Is it open to interpretation? Sure. Just as the lines "All men are created equal" was interpreted to mean all WHITE MEN, not African Americans and not womens. So too is the 2nd Amendment open for interpretation.

Horse Hockey!
    Nothing wrong with the document. Show me where it says slavery is good, or women cannot vote.

Men have failed in their interpretation/reinterpretation of it. Men have failed in their implementation of it. An men have tried to subvert it. But it is still the best there ever was!
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdp751 View Post
    I would imagine it would be close to living under martial law. Would you still be allowed to own your own house
    As long as there are property taxes, we already don't really own our homes now. The government does.

The United States by definition is a set of states of sovereignty that are united behind a Constitutional Republic.

What this means is that the Constitution is the "highest" law of the land. The rest of the legislation is done by elected legislators. A true democracy would be horribly inefficient and would more than likely trample on the rights of others. So that's why there are elected officials, starting from the bottom going up, that are suppose to decide with their best judgement the legislation of the land that is beyond the bounds of the Constitution but withing the legal confines set by that document.

From that, other checks and balances are built into the system in hopes there wouldn't be any corruption. There was also hope there wouldn't be as much collusion either, but things on that front have changed too much. That is the basis of our government in a nutshell. Too bad in civics class I had to some how ******** that out into a 3500 word essay. Ugh.

VIP Member
    Without the Constitution, there would be no United States of America. On the list of things we would lose, save yourself lots of time, trouble and effort and just write down "everything".
    OD* likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Even with our constitution it seems like some pay no mind to it these days.. You talked about being forced to eat certain things. NEW YORK telling you what you can't ingest such as 20oz sodas,

M. Obama forcing schools to give the kids lunch's they do NOT want down their throats though it mainly goes to the trash in reality.. They dont want it.

Most of us do not own our homes, The banks do. Thats part of the trap called debt.

We have to get back to the basics, they are re-educating the children today. I would take my kids out of any schools and not expose them to the poison they are teaching these days making good seem bad, and bad seem good.

Freedom will become an illusion if we dont fight to keep it.. God gave us freedom, it's what we choose to do with it that is the question.. Should we give it away or fight to the death for it?

Quote Originally Posted by SigPapa226 View Post
    [/B]

Horse Hockey!
    Nothing wrong with the document. Show me where it says slavery is good, or women cannot vote.

Men have failed in their interpretation/reinterpretation of it. Men have failed in their implementation of it. An men have tried to subvert it. But it is still the best there ever was!
    I didn't say it wasn't the best. But it has been altered/amended several times (27 to be exact), so the best keeps getting better. To imply that the original document as signed in 1776 has never needed updating or revision is ignorant.

The post I was replying to said that WITHOUT the Constitution we would be forced into slavery. And my point was that even WITH the Constitution millions of Americans were forced into slavery.

If the Constitution as written did not exist, then something similar would have taken its place. The document alone has absolutely no meaning. Its power lies within the people that embrace the ideas and methods for freedom that the document prescribes.
    Richard58 likes this.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    There would be no law of the land except for what every power hungry mongrel decides to make up. No guide lines, no protections ,no freedom, no liberty, look at North Korea if you want to see what we would lose.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    There would be no law of the land except for what every power hungry mongrel decides to make up. No guide lines, no protections ,no freedom, no liberty, look at North Korea if you want to see what we would lose.
    North Korea is probably safer than most of the inner cities of the US...
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    North Korea is probably safer than most of the inner cities of the US...
    Sources???
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links