Texas eyes gun ban ban

This is a discussion on Texas eyes gun ban ban within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Interesting legal questions....like fearless leader cares. Texas eyes 'gun ban' ban...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Texas eyes gun ban ban

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Texas eyes gun ban ban

Interesting legal questions....like fearless leader cares.

Texas eyes 'gun ban' ban
    goldshellback and buckfynn like this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    It actually makes sense to me. There are already laws against treason, so why not?
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Makes sense to me. Love the garbage video footage of fully auto weapons played during the interview...imbeciles.

Had to read the title twice as I initially thought: a Texas gun ban? NO WAY!

Good for em!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

And yet another reason to pay attention to the media... Fox, fair and balanced? right... There is not one single source of news that is trustworthy. Not one single source that will present the news by merely presenting the facts... they have to "interpret" the facts for us...

The "Newsman" is adept at giving questionable, derisive, facial expressions... of questioning the constitutionality of such a law... etc. etc.

Here's the story, really:
    The state representative has introduced a bill that would make it illegal for State law enforcement to enforce a federal ban on certain assault weapons or magazines.

If enacted, the law may be subject to court reviews of constitutionality.

Meanwhile, in Houston just two years ago, a 15 year old young man with an assault rifle protected himself, his 13 year old sister, and his home, from a violent home invader, this young man is scheduled to receive the State's "Heroic Liberty" medal for his actions that day....

Okay, I made up the part about the Heroic liberty medal... but the rest of the story about the young boy is true... and so is the factual reporting of what the state rep is introducing.

What FAUX News was showing was interpretive news... kinda like interpretive dance... it ain't dancing... and that "news piece" weren't news.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

He makes a good point. It's already been declared illegal for state and local authorities to enforce immigration laws. Why would it be legal for them to enforce firearms laws?

As a rule, law enforcement enforces laws of higher authorities but not lower ones. FBI agents do not write speeding tickets, but local police do arrest people for passing counterfeit bills. States should enforce all applicable laws in accordance with the rulings of the courts, but it would be unwise for any state to allow the Federal government to manipulate it by picking and choosing which federal laws they want them to enforce.
    ExactlyMyPoint likes this.

This would be an excellant step against barack by the state of Texas! I pray it passes

I love TX!

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tropicoz View Post
    Makes sense to me. Love the garbage video footage of fully auto weapons played during the interview...imbeciles.
    No, they aren't imbeciles. They're just assuming that we are. It has always been this way. I'm surprised they don't show a massive nuclear explosion going off when someone pulls the trigger on an AR-15.

But here's the scariest part: plenty of morons out there, including quite a few elected officials, really don't understand the difference. That's the target audience. They're too intellectually lazy to understand even the most rudimentary gun technology, so they get all pumped up about outlawing those "evil black rifles." When they see that fully-automatic rifle fired in the background while AR-15's are being discussed, their little media-conditioned brains make the desired association. As far as a lot of people are concerned, that's all they need or want to know. When does American Idol start?
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by texaszed4mc View Post
    this would be an excellant step against barack by the state of texas! I pray it passes
    go texas go! ! !
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

John 3:16 Gettin' Old ain't for Sissies.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Now that is what I call "common sense gun laws".

The bill makes it a crime for Texas State Officials to violate a citizen's 2nd amendment Rights as it pertains to magazine capacity and the type of weapon. It also helps to shield the Texas State Officials from being forced by the federal government into a position where the Texas State Official would be violating a citizen's 2nd amendment Rights.

So in other words, Texas supports my Rights.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

South Carolina is trying to pass a law kinda like this.Our Senate says they won't enforce any federal bans either.

It is a good symbolic stance, but it unfortunately has virtually no legal weight. Ladder of Laws dictates that Federal law will always be superior to any state or local mandate. It is good for showing what the populous feels, but it has no significant standing legally speaking. In the end, it is more or less a way to state the opinions of the populous and that is all.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyD View Post
    I love TX!
    Me too!
    Don't mess with Texas.

Seriously, don't even think about it.

I love the fully automatic weapons firing in the background while he is talking! Does the average person really think that the AR-15's that we can buy at Walmart are fully automatic?? I really wish they would do a 30 min show about the differences between the so called 'assault weapons' we own and the select fire weapons that we are not allowed to own.
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links