Florida County Sheriffs on board

This is a discussion on Florida County Sheriffs on board within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; All 67 Florida County Sheriffs sign pledge to protect the right of citizens to bear arms - WatchdogWire - Florida All 67 Florida County Sheriffs ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By DaveH

Thread: Florida County Sheriffs on board

VIP Member

Thumbs up Florida County Sheriffs on board

All 67 Florida County Sheriffs sign pledge to protect the right of citizens to bear arms - WatchdogWire - Florida

All 67 Florida County Sheriffs sign pledge to protect the right of citizens to bear arms

Only state with 100% support

February 17, 2013
    by Dr. Richard Swier

Constitutional Sheriffs sent an email stating, “I have added the names of the following 61 Florida County Sheriffs [who] joined the previous six Florida County Sheriffs to announce that they will not enforce laws that violate the Constitution or infringe on the rights of the people to own firearms.”

This means all of Florida’s county sheriffs have now signed the pledge, the first state to achieve 100% compliance with the 2nd Amendment. The list is bi-partisan.

SNIP
    ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------
    shadowwalker and Exacto like this.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Florida, leading the way agian.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Really good news. I had contacted my sheriff and he promptly answered and assured me he was very pro-gun.

Sheriff in Lee County has stated he will not enforce any new gun laws a few weeks back.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I bet a lot of pressure was applied on Sheriff Mascara of St. Lucie County. Methinks he went along to avoid being ostracised by his fellow sheriffs.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Their statement " they will not enforce laws that violate the Constitution or infringe on the rights of the people to own firearms.” but it will be as they interpret the law. Palm Beach County deputy sheriffs have often been known to have violated the people's rights and with no corrective action by the present sheriff and I see no change in the future.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

They'd better watch out. Barry will put Orlando Disney World at the top of his list of off limit areas for corporations like he did with Vegas.

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    I have just joined the Sheriffs Assoc. of Oregon so that I will be made awear of any info that they have and kept in the loop

Yes...good timing by Florida. They are in their annual fund raising drive. I went ahead and signed up for the gold membership.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Hats off to the Sheriffs in Florida.The Constitution still means something to alot of people. There is still hope.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    the first state to achieve 100% compliance with the 2nd Amendment
    To me, 100% compliance would be consitutional carry, openly or concealed.

Links