They Used To Be Anti-Gun, But Now They Are "Progressive"

This is a discussion on They Used To Be Anti-Gun, But Now They Are "Progressive" within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; and they are going after Mitch McConnell again. While the ad only has $25k of airtime, the media outlets are promoting it for free: Progressives ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Goat_Guy
  • 1 Post By humblenutto

Thread: They Used To Be Anti-Gun, But Now They Are "Progressive"

VIP Member

They Used To Be Anti-Gun, But Now They Are "Progressive"

and they are going after Mitch McConnell again. While the ad only has $25k of airtime, the media outlets are promoting it for free:
    Progressives attack Mitch McConnell again on guns | The Ticket - Yahoo! News
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    and they are going after Mitch McConnell again. While the ad only has $25k of airtime, the media outlets are promoting it for free:
    Progressives attack Mitch McConnell again on guns | The Ticket - Yahoo! News
    Since when is an advertisement news? It's not... it's proselytizing. It's supporting the advertisement...

And By the Way, I wonder how much of a different tune that good ol' hunter boy will sing, when they determine that his.. What, 30-30 or 30.06? round is "armor piercing," and is banned. And he has to get his one deer by clubbing it to death, with a rifle which can use no legal bullets.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Since when is an advertisement news? It's not... it's proselytizing. It's supporting the advertisement...

And By the Way, I wonder how much of a different tune that good ol' hunter boy will sing, when they determine that his what 30-30 or 30.06 round is armor piercing, and is banned. And he has to get his one deer by clubbing it to death, with a rifle which can use no legal bullets.
    I'm trying to figure out where they dig these guys up for their ads. They are undoubtedly actors of some sort, but they are just plain creepy.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Spin doctors at it again.

Maybe we should start calling the pro-gun rights movement "Lifesavers," or "Crimestoppers," or "Citizens for Peaceful Cities," or "Stop Crime Now," or maybe just "Citizens for the Constitution"
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Spin doctors at it again.

Maybe we should start calling the pro-gun rights movement "Lifesavers," or "Crimestoppers," or "Citizens for Peaceful Cities," or "Stop Crime Now," or maybe just "Citizens for the Constitution"
    I agree. It's all in the name. "Pro Gun Rights" has a negative connotation (gun) whereas "Citizens for the Constitution" or "Pro Constitution" sounds a lot better to the average American.
    oakchas and msgt/ret like this.
    Never get out of the boat....

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out where they dig these guys up for their ads. They are undoubtedly actors of some sort, but they are just plain creepy.
    That Mike, is how we (gun owners, even "hunters" like the one shown) are portrayed... and, honestly, we do it to ourselves...

Take a look at the pictures from gun rights rallies across the country...

130208_olympa_gun_rally_lg.jpg

bilde.jpg

Screen-Shot-2013-01-19-at-3.34.46-PM-620x430.jpg

How many good ol' Bubbas you see in the pix? Fat boys in camo, or in biker vests... Yeah... them's US...

Now, you and me? We aren't supposed to judge a lad what's got tats up and down his arms, and his face looks like he fell into a tackle box.. and he's got some kinda ubangee one inch disks in his earlobes...

But, we get judged because our bellies are a bit too big, and on occasion, we wear camo. Obviously, I am not speaking for the females in this fight, on our side... but you and I? We're representative of the demographic.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Goat_Guy View Post
    I agree. It's all in the name. "Pro Gun Rights" has a negative connotation (gun) whereas "Citizens for the Constitution" or "Pro Constitution" sounds a lot better to the average American.

Exactly correct... there's a lot to be said about a name... their gang is called: "Progressive Change Campaign Committee" pretty innocuous sounding...

Equal Gun Rights (a group just started by SAF) has the evil G word in it...

I know if JD were to start the group, it would be "Guns, Guns, and more Gosh darned guns"... But that is not what will sell the message.

It is all about selling the message...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I took pics of my gun rally at the capitol here in Austin. When I went there were a few of those "bubba" and strange smelling old guys. But they weren't all that was there. Plenty of minorities, women, children, and just regular looking people. I'm not an overweight, balding, bad hygiene, camo-wearing, funky facial hair, over the top gun toting "bubba" redneck. Just a regular weight, khakis with polo shirt, computer programmer. I'm atheist. I do not support republicans nor democrats. I all for liberties for all. From gun ownership to abortions to anything else that makes a person free in this world while not trampling on the freedoms of others.

I know that my support of gun rights is shared with some strange people. People that I have zero in common with otherwise. It doesn't matter how different people are on other issues though as long as for this issue we are united.
    steffen likes this.

Links