Lest You're Confused

Lest You're Confused

This is a discussion on Lest You're Confused within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; about what the anti's want: Amitai Etzioni: Gun Control? We Need Domestic Disarmament Written by a self-confessed Liberal: Liberals, when challenged with these facts, engage ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Lest You're Confused

Lest You're Confused

about what the anti's want:

Amitai Etzioni: Gun Control? We Need Domestic Disarmament

Written by a self-confessed Liberal:

Liberals, when challenged with these facts, engage in a rhetorical maneuver. True, they say, our favorite (mini) bans will not solve the problem, nothing will, but we can, as Obama put it in his State of the Union address, at least "make it harder for criminals to get their hands on a gun." True, but the difference, unfortunately, will be marginal. Indeed, in many of the jurisdictions that have gun control laws of the kind that liberals typically call for -- and even in ones where the laws are stricter, still (Chicago, for instance) -- murder by gun is very common.

A true liberal position, the place to start, is to call for domestic disarmament. That is the banning of the sale of all guns to private parties coupled with a buyback of those on the street (Mexico just moved to so control guns). Collectors can keep their guns as long as they remove the firing pin or fill the barrel with cement. Gun sports can be allowed -- in closed shooting ranges. And hunters can be allowed to have long guns (if they pass background checks) with no scopes, which are not sporting. But, these exceptions aside, liberals should call for a gun-free nation and point out the much lower murder rates and fewer deaths due to accidental discharge of fire arms found in those civilized nations where most guns have been removed from private hands -- and often even from those of the police.
    Don't try to be fancy. Shoot for the center of mass. The world is full of decent people. Criminals we can do without. -- Jeff Cooper (19202006)

Wouldn't it be just great to live in this utopia? It would be nothing but sunny days, love and laughter. Disarming the population means that all bad guys will magically go *poof*.

A typical egg-head academician. A Professor of International Relations at George Washington University. Published in the Huffington Post.

Amitai Etzioni is proud to announce that he just made the NRA anti gun enemy list. For more discussion see his book My Brother's Keeper.

He needs another Ph.D in "Alternative Conflict Resolution in Non-Spherical Helical Structures Using Non-Parametrical Paradigms as a Base-Line Approach to Rwandan Ethnic Cleansing (Can the Lessons of Kosovo be Applied Synergistically in Africa?)"

I'd read that too. I'm sure that would be a best seller. And the Bozo gets paid to spew that crap.

mano3 likes this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    A typical egg-head academician. A Professor of International Relations at George Washington University. Published in the Huffington Post.

He needs another Ph.D in "Alternative Conflict Resolution in Non-Spherical Helical Structures Using Non-Parametrical Paradigms as a Base-Line Approach to Rwandan Ethnic Cleansing (Can the Lessons of Kosovo be Applied Synergistically in Africa?)"

I'd read that too. I'm sure that would be a best seller. And the Bozo gets paid to spew that crap.

Uhhhh...what he ^^^ said.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Uhhhh...what he ^^^ said.
    Uhhhh...what she ^^^ said.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I have always wondered why the anti's have so much lack of common sense. This doesn't answer that question but it does strengthen my belief that it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Uhhhh...what she ^^^ said.
    Uhhh What he said about what she said about what he said.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krisspy View Post
    Wouldn't it be just great to live in this utopia? It would be nothing but sunny days, love and laughter. Disarming the population means that all bad guys will magically go *poof*.

You^^^^^^^^forgot Frolicking^^^^^^^^^

There would be lots of frolicking!
    These NWO bozos make me wanna hurl.

I really am beginning to think the phrase"Our Forefathers would be shooting by now" is true to the core.
    mg27 and Rock and Glock like this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Lest You're Confused

Just I'm case you weren't sure...
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361841307.903102.jpg
    And..... Umm .... What they said too!!
    Rock and Glock and oneshot like this.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
    oneshot likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    I have always wondered why the anti's have so much lack of common sense. This doesn't answer that question but it does strengthen my belief that it is true.
    Antis are liberals.
    This is an extension of the theory that I have been working on proving.
    Most liberals are either highly educated or under educated.
    My theory says that "In most people education and common sense are inversely proportionate."

As for the under educated they are generally at the mercy of the main stream media who are the highly educated.

A very sad state of affairs for the Nation I am afraid. :(
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Just... aw the hell with it, him, them. Eventually they will drown looking up at the rain.
    CharlesMorri likes this.
    "The only thing I'm an expert about is my experience."

I used to be a subject of that "utopia" they so clamor for. It already exists, and they have very lenient immigration policies. I suggest these liberals take advantage of that and get the HELL out of MY COUNTRY, where I am a free man and will remain so to the death. This is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, and may God DAMN those who speak against her.
    mg27 and CharlesMorri like this.

Senior Moderator
    Back in the days of natural selection, people like Mr. whatever the heck country he is from wouldn't have made it past the age of puberty before either himself or someone else took him out of the equation nice and permanent like.

Now, with all the touchy feely kumbaya types that have never had their tails kicked, we have to endure this highly educated drivel that makes the rest of us lose brain cells.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Does anyone see a revolution in our future:
    People buying every gun that they can get their hands on
    Every store completely sold out of ammo
    Shows like doomsday preppers on main stream TV
    Internal fear mongering at an all time high; not fear of another country like China or Russia, but fear of ones neighbor
    This situation we are in will not end well; there will be a violent ending
    America this is our most desperate hour!!

CARRY ON!
    CharlesMorri likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links