Roll Call: Gun Debate Overtaken by Budget Fights

This is a discussion on Roll Call: Gun Debate Overtaken by Budget Fights within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; CQ Roll Call is one of my primary sources of information to the insanity in DC. I suspect this is working in our favor, in ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By mkh
  • 2 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By Eagleks

Thread: Roll Call: Gun Debate Overtaken by Budget Fights

VIP Member

CQ Roll Call is one of my primary sources of information to the insanity in DC.

I suspect this is working in our favor, in the RKBA fight:

Roll Call

Gun Debate Overtaken by Budget Fights

Senate action on two of President Barack Obama’s top priorities this year — gun violence and immigration — will likely be delayed until April at the earliest, as budget issues yet again consume all of Washington’s political oxygen and capital.

SNIP
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

VIP Member
    clowns can't agree on anything what a shame.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

mkh
    That's what happens when you don't fix the budget the first time around. Bad for the country but it works in our favor.

Prediction: thy wont fix the budget this time either.e

Re: Roll Call: Gun Debate Overtaken by Budget Fights

Just be aware that any bills passed thru congress, especially those pertaining to a workable budget, could have gun laws attached...

That's how we got carry in national parks.
    DaveH and ANGLICO like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Just be aware that any bills passed thru congress, especially those pertaining to a workable budget, could have gun laws attached... That's how we got carry in national parks.
    Budget??? We don't need no stinkin budget!! Just ask the "Wizard of Washington". There hasn't been a budget since the O'z has been in office. I do believe he is the first President not to do so?? The donkeys are running ah-muck!!

And there are always ah lot ah crap-shot's attached to every Bill that goes up for vote. This sequester BS could be a way~s for the anti's to slip some bulls#%t firearms legislate into being.

The O'z will stop at nothing to get his way!

How could we ever expect to stay ah-float without a budget for the what now ??? the past four years? Imagine someone trying to running a business like that, let alone our country.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH .... so you want Eleven~Dee~Zillion US-Dollars to start a lollypop factory? AHHHH GOOD IDEA...not a problem, here y'all go there Munchkins!!

Just think; the democraps would of had an aneurysm if President Bush would of pulled some of this cockamamie crap like the O'z has been pulling!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    CQ Roll Call is one of my primary sources of information to the insanity in DC.

I suspect this is working in our favor, in the RKBA fight:

Roll Call
    Don't kid yourself.... reports saw today was the the Dem leader in Judiciary Committee and his fellow Dems'....... are working on consolidating all of the different bills into one big gun ban, mag ban, all NICS check, etc. bill. They aren't involving any Republicans at this point. Then, they will present and push it thru the Committee.

Basically trying to do it the same way they did Obamacare.
    ANGLICO likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Don't kid yourself.... reports saw today was the the Dem leader in Judiciary Committee and his fellow Dems'....... are working on consolidating all of the different bills into one big gun ban, mag ban, all NICS check, etc. bill. They aren't involving any Republicans at this point. Then, they will present and push it thru the Committee.

Bring it on. It will never pass the House in that fashion.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post

I never said it was over or said that it was not going to be a drawn out fight -- of many battles and skirmishes.

But I think we can hold the line, if not advance our cause.

The antis were absolutely certain that they were going to steamroll us, in Virginia, after the VT tragedy. We prevailed. We advanced liberty. They failed to get even one of their rash of bills passed that year.

The antis were absolutely certain they were going to steamroll us this year. They failed, again. Not a one of their bills advanced. Their bitterness and demoralized rejection became more and more visible in their demeanor as the session went on.

IMHO, work hard, fight the good fight, and win.

Maybe it's the old Marine in me -- but I'll be dang if I'll concede without a lot more fight than we have seen, yet.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Sponsored Links