Reply from Casey Cagle, LT Governer of Georgia.... Good

This is a discussion on Reply from Casey Cagle, LT Governer of Georgia.... Good within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; He (or interns) didn't quite understand the nature of my question but his response at least affirms he understand and supports the 2a as being ...

Thread: Reply from Casey Cagle, LT Governer of Georgia.... Good

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

He (or interns) didn't quite understand the nature of my question but his response at least affirms he understand and supports the 2a as being a right to self defense. That is where my "Good" rating came from. The rest he is right about. He is powerless on the state level in his office to do anything federally but I was writing him to gauge his stance on state level 2a legislation.

February 25, 2013

Dear ****** ,

Thank you for taking the time to write me to voice your concerns for our Second Amendment rights. As a gun owner and avid sportsman, I support protecting American’s right to carry. The Second Amendment clearly guarantees an individual’s right to self-defense and I am proud that Georgia has established a legal structure that continues to protect this right.There has been a lot of recent discussion regarding gun control from our Senators and Representatives in Washington DC. As Lieutenant Governor, legislation from our United States Congress falls outside of my jurisdiction. I urge you to contact your federally elected officials as they are in a good position to hear your concerns as well. As we continue the 2013 session here in Georgia, I appreciate your interest in protecting our rights and will be sure this issue gets the appropriate attention from the State Senate. Please feel free to contact me in the future if you are in need of further assistance.

Sincerely,
    Casey Cagle
    Lt. Governor of Georgia
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Thank you, tangoseal, for fighting the good fight and for keeping my home state fires burning.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Sponsored Links