Incredibly stupid people on both sides discussing gun control.

This is a discussion on Incredibly stupid people on both sides discussing gun control. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Incredibly stupid people on both sides of the discussion, discussing gun control. What key issue is holding up the Senate on gun control? Video: What ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By OldMick
  • 1 Post By noway2

Thread: Incredibly stupid people on both sides discussing gun control.

Incredibly stupid people on both sides of the discussion, discussing gun control.

What key issue is holding up the Senate on gun control?

Video: What key issue is holding up the Senate on gun control? | Fox News Video
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

I don't even need to click the link. It says Fox New enough said lol. I watched them one time and some guy that reports for them was trying to defend some dad that got drunk and decided that it would be alright to put his baby in a stroller and go for a walk with another young child following. Can't bring myself to watch fox news ever again.

Fortunately for them, they only sound like morons to those of us who have actually been to a gun show, purchased a firearm, completed a 4473 etc. The majority of their audience probably doesn't know any better.

If one is going to debate an issue related to firearms; sales, the so-called "gun show loophole", self defense, "assault weapons", use of a shotgun blast for self defense etc., one should at least have a passing knowledge of the subject. That's clearly not the case with these three talking heads. Listening to that was like fingernails on a chalkboard (for those who remember chalkboards)
    NONAME762 and wmhawth like this.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    The pushes for worthless gun restriction legislation is bad enough. The fact that it is being born out of stupidity and ignorance makes it intolerable. I've been spending time buried in the muck of Progressive sites arguing about this issue. The ignorance that abounds in those sites and the demands that they spew as a result of it are astounding.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

There's a lot of ignorance on display there.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

is the sale of private guns by private gun owners at the gun shows the "gun show loop hole" or am I missing something?

Most of our "stupid" laws and decisions, especially by the Government, is just "knee-jerk" decisions. Unfortunately, it'll take a long time to "un-do" what damage they have done,with Feinstein, and Pelosi at the helm. I say, let them give up their guns, and personal guards, FIRST. When in Rome, do as the Romans do.

Quote Originally Posted by 031131 View Post
    I don't even need to click the link. It says Fox New enough said lol. I watched them one time and some guy that reports for them was trying to defend some dad that got drunk and decided that it would be alright to put his baby in a stroller and go for a walk with another young child following. Can't bring myself to watch fox news ever again.
    Even with All The Stupid Crap I've Done In MY LIFE I'd NEVER put someone else's kid in a stroller and leave *for a walk*.

When I get loopy on occasion I stay home where I'm safe from over zealous peace keepers. I WOULD NEVER take someone's kid ANYWHERE without their express permission.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    is the sale of private guns by private gun owners at the gun shows the "gun show loop hole" or am I missing something?
    I would agree to that.

In WA state if you are at a WAC gun show there is NO *gun show loophole* as it is a VIOLATION of the WAC Rules to buy/sell guns if you are NOT a WAC member. If you are caught buying/selling guns outside in parking lot you get EXPELLED from WAC FOREVER+BANNED from their shows FOREVER.

WAC does the same Background checks as used when applying for concealed carry permits so as to ensure all who join WAC are *Above Board*. Hope that answers your question.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

I've never attended a gun show in Tennessee where dealers were not required to do a background check when selling firearms. As far as I know, it's the same everywhere. The gun show "loophole" is simply individuals at shows selling to other individuals. Eliminating that means that anytime you sell a gun to another individual, you will be responsible for doing a background check or having one done. Supposedly the White House was trying to interest retailers (like Walmart) to go along with mandatory background checks by pointing out the increased revenue source available to them by providing background checks for individuals. You want to sell a gun privately and you have to go to an FFL to run the background check for you. Either you or the buyer pays for the service. That's my understanding of the background check mess as it stands now.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Sponsored Links