Today's Showdown In Chicago

This is a discussion on Today's Showdown In Chicago within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Given the history of Chicago, the outcome is predictable, but we will soon see how it shakes. Noteworthy is Bloomberg's photo on a story about ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Today's Showdown In Chicago

VIP Member

Today's Showdown In Chicago

Given the history of Chicago, the outcome is predictable, but we will soon see how it shakes. Noteworthy is Bloomberg's photo on a story about Chicago elections:
    Chicago votes in House race dominated by gun control issue - Yahoo! News
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Thanks. Please keep us posted on this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

It is Chicago! Getting the most votes from living voters probably has very little to do with it!

I want to know if my old Chicago compatriots believe Chicago is a great city, on it's own.... Or if it truly is "The Second City" subservient to the whims of the mayor of the "First City" NYC.

Does Chicago want to play second fiddle to NYC forever? Why?

Look, Chicagoans, I know you're gonna vote democrat.. fine... I expect it from you.

But fer God's sake, are you gonna let some other city's mayor tell you what to do? Vote for someone who will stand up for your rights to be citizens, independent citizens of a great city... not the subjects of some New Yorker. A New Yorker that'll soon be telling you and your newly elected representative, that you better not have a 32 ounce soda, and maybe Uno's pizza isn't so good for you either, and maybe your hotdogs aren't healthy choices.
    blitzburgh and TexasTerri like this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I gave up 14 years ago. If they get CC and my license is recognized, great. If not, I will continue to limit my trips and spending in my home town and state. Illinois and Chicago have continued to disappoint me over the years. At this point I can only be pleasantly surprised by any good news for my friends and family still still residing there.
    bombthrower77 likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    I'm sure that all the gangs and all the rapist,murderers, robbers, drug dealers and all the other scum buckets in Chicago will be more than happy to abide by whatever laws these sheep pass.NOT!.......... more prey for the wolves, they like that.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    I'm sure that all the gangs and all the rapist,murderers, robbers, drug dealers and all the other scum buckets in Chicago will be more than happy to abide by whatever laws these sheep pass.NOT!.......... more prey for the wolves, they like that.
    The thing is, that most of the gun crime in Chitown is gangbangers, taking out (or attempting to) their rival gang members. There has been an uptick in "collateral damage;" innocents being hit due to the extensive marksmanship training the gangs go through during indoctrination.

There is little activity with guns in crime outside of the "hoods".

Mr. and Mrs. Whitebread, since they never see or hear about guns in their neighborhoods, and know little about guns at all, think it's fine that the gov't wants to eliminate guns.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    What does it matter who wins that election? That person will have to vote how Nancy Pelosi tells him/her to vote. You don't vote the way she tells you to, she will fine a candidate to run against you who will.

The sad reality is that the people in large cities value security over liberty, and as a consequence will soon find that they have neither.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

What is really reprehensible too is how these goofy areas like the Vindy-Schmitty blame’s their personal area’s crime issues on other far-away places.

Example statements like: “OHWell … it is not our fault here in the Vindy-Schmitty that vee have ah hefty crime’s problem! It is because ah places like < insert your State here >, where they have no gun laws at all, and any infant-child can buy ah ~MANPADs~ at will, off every street corner that houses ah 7-11 or Kinko’s, & it’s because of their evil coco puffs-killing guns that are all running amuck, on their own, here in our Vindy-Schmitty, gunning down our poor defenseless citizens, that are at fault for our problems, it is not us at fault! So we need to pass new laws that will allow us to nuked that there < insert your State here >, and put an end to their evil ways!”

That’s as stupid ah statement for any Governmental Official to make as it would be for them to blame Pakistan for their illegal heroin sales in Hyde Park along South Shore Drive.

Hummm
    Funny ha-ha thang ah boot that is that, those places like < insert your State here >, where you CAN buy ah ~MANPADs~ at will, off every street corner that houses ah 7-11 or Kinko’s; they do not have the hefty crime problems that the Vindy-Schmitty has!

Anyone know the timeline on this? Has the voting started, and when will we know something?

-miklcolt45

VIP Member
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

This needs to change:

"Roughly 18 percent of registered voters in the district spanning North Side neighborhoods voted. In suburban Cook County, the percentage was far lower."

-miklcolt45

Distinguished Member
    Why do they even go thorough this Charade? The winner had already been determined by the political machine and they can round up enough dead people to make it happen. The good thing about using dead voters is that they can't argue that their vote was for the wrong person.
    JDE101 likes this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    This needs to change:

"Roughly 18 percent of registered voters in the district spanning North Side neighborhoods voted. In suburban Cook County, the percentage was far lower."
    Sounds to me like Blow Hard Skitty will deserve whatever crappy politico they end up with when the people don't even care enough to vote. Does anyone in that town even know how to read and write? Sure don't sound like it.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links