ABC edits out michelle saying girl was killed by "automatic" weapon

This is a discussion on ABC edits out michelle saying girl was killed by "automatic" weapon within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ABC broadcast edits out Michelle Obama claim that Chicago teen was killed by an ?automatic weapon? | WashingtonExaminer.com used to just be msnbc and nbc ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: ABC edits out michelle saying girl was killed by "automatic" weapon

ABC broadcast edits out Michelle Obama claim that Chicago teen was killed by an ?automatic weapon? | WashingtonExaminer.com

used to just be msnbc and nbc editing audio/video clips...add abc to that list i guess.

it's also weird that people have not yet been able to understand the difference between auto and semi-auto

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    ABC broadcast edits out Michelle Obama claim that Chicago teen was killed by an ?automatic weapon? | WashingtonExaminer.com

used to just be msnbc and nbc editing audio/video clips...add abc to that list i guess.

it's also weird that people have not yet been able to understand the difference between auto and semi-auto
    I have been watching re runs of Adam-12 and they always refer to a handun as a revolver or .45 automatic.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

And exactly what is the perceived effect of that editing? Usually the MSM gets it wrong and uses the term "automatic" indiscriminately when used to describe firearms.

Do you see this as harmful or misleading?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post

Even if she does what was her point? Even if she was right that it was an automatic weapon, is she trying to bolster the argument for more gun control? That is where the ignorance comes in because you can't ban something than is already banned (essentially) and obtain an automatic weapon even with the holy grail of a "universal background check." I think she knew exactly what she was doing by telling this whopper by saying it was an automatic weapon even though she knew it wasn't. Must be one of those AK-47s that her husband proclaimed isn't the problem in Chicago.

Reading the story, it looks like they took out other stuff too. That said, should the news report what someone said exactly or should they report what's true? That's a hell of a choice. Editing her comment increased the odds that a viewer would be less-misinformed. It also prevented her from being 'caught' making a mistake.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Oh, leave her alone. She just misspoke. Just semantics over guns- no big deal. They should all be banned anyway.

She must have depleted all her poise and eloquence on her Oscar award presentation. You didn't expect her to mess THAT up, did you?!
    NRA Life Member

Thumbs down Our Media at work.. Michelle Obama misquoted.

Our Media at work.. Michelle Obama misquoted.

For the broadcast, ABC’s Good Morning America producers edited out the First Lady’s “automatic weapon” line.

She was standing out in a park with her friends in a neighborhood blocks away from where my kids grow – grew – up, where our house is. She had just taken a chemistry test. And she was caught in the line of fire because some kids had some automatic weapons they didn’t need. I just don’t want to keep disappointing our kids in this country. I want them to know that we put them first.

In the web edition of the story, however, Michelle Obama appears to be quoted in full:

“She was standing out in a park with her friends in a neighborhood blocks away from where my kids…grew up, where our house is. She had just taken a chemistry test. And she was caught in the line of fire because some kids had some automatic weapons they didn’t need,” she said. “I just don’t want to keep disappointing our kids in this country. I want them to know that we put them first.”

VIP Member
    what difference does it make!!!

It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Already running here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...ic-weapon.html

Will merge with existing thread.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

It is hard for sheeple to comprehend the difference between semi- auto and full auto UNLESS it is referencing their welfare checks or free government giveaways. Even then they think that semi is just half of their monthly take and full is what they justly deserve.
    CharlesMorri likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    what difference does it make!!!

That's what Hillery said and look where it got her.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by sauerpuss View Post
    Oh, leave her alone. She just misspoke. Just semantics over guns- no big deal. They should all be banned anyway.

She must have depleted all her poise and eloquence on her Oscar award presentation. You didn't expect her to mess THAT up, did you?!
    Huh?? So you AGREE with banning all guns? Is that what I'm seeing?
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    OV...I was channeling Hillary.

Where did it get her? Exonerated of all blame from what I can see.

ABC was clearly covering for Michelle. The Main stream "news" has lost all credibility IMO.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Huh?? So you AGREE with banning all guns? Is that what I'm seeing?
    Oh good lord no! Apparently I need to post more! That was merely sarcasm rearing its ugly head!!
    oneshot, NONAME762 and DocHunter like this.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by sauerpuss View Post
    Oh good lord no! Apparently I need to post more! That was merely sarcasm rearing its ugly head!!
    8 New and Necessary Punctuation Marks - CollegeHumor Article

Just use the sarcastises!
    sauerpuss and TexasTerri like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links