"Assault Weapons 'Not for Cowards' TV ad

This is a discussion on "Assault Weapons 'Not for Cowards' TV ad within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "Assault Weapons 'Not for Cowards' TV ad: Gun control ad: Assault weapons 'not for cowards' - POLITICO.com Mayors Against Illegal Guns ad with retired military ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By SpringerXD
  • 1 Post By Brass63
  • 1 Post By zamboni
  • 2 Post By nick060200

Thread: "Assault Weapons 'Not for Cowards' TV ad

"Assault Weapons 'Not for Cowards' TV ad:

Gun control ad: Assault weapons 'not for cowards' - POLITICO.com

Mayors Against Illegal Guns ad with retired military general officers "demand a plan".

I haven't seen it on TV yet, but....

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I also demand a plan. My plan includes:

1. Doing away with the stupidity of "gun free zones." That keeps the law-abiding people helpless and criminals ignore the signs, anyway.

2. Educating the public on the difference between rifles that "belong on the battlefield" and semi-automatics.

3. Keeping your grubby politicians' hands off my 2nd Amendment.
    mano3 and msgt/ret like this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Re: "Assault Weapons 'Not for Cowards' TV ad

My reply to the General?

"Sir, yes Sir! Damn Straight General! AR 15s are NOT for cowards, Sir!

It took a brave young man Sir, a brave young man, to get his daddy's AR15, and use it to protect himself, his 13 year old sister, and his home, from the vicious home invader in Houston, Sir. And the lad was as good a shot as many of our boys in theater, Sir. Hit the enemy several times, Sir... Ought to get the Bronze Star, if he were enlisted, Sir... You bet that firearm ain't for cowards, SIR!

link to news story here, sir:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBe48...e_gdata_player

And that ad should be run with a military man reading the above script, and queuing the video...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Were they coerced?

I will bet everything I own each one of them has some serious firepower in their homes for defense.

I have a plan too - set people on fire in the public square for atrocities such as school shootings, etc.; however, even that will not stop a mentally ill person.

Their goal is not less crime or gun violence.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    My reply to the General?

link to news story here, sir:
    15 Year Old Houston Boy Uses AR-15 To Shoot Home Invasion Suspect - YouTube

And that ad should be run with a military man reading the above script, and queuing the video...
    Perfect example of gun control, shots on target, assailant wounded and little sister protected.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Perfect example of gun control, shots on target, assailant wounded and little sister protected.
    Yep, a job well done.

I'm all for free speech...and these guys certainly earned that right.
    But didn't they swear an oath to uphold the Constitution? Seems to me their loyalty is elsewhere.
    I think this sample of high ranking officers shows that when the day comes for confiscation the government will have those who are more than willing to do 'whatever it takes.'
    To hear military brass attack and demean law-abiding U.S. citizens the way these guys did in this ad... was chilling.
    ccw9mm likes this.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Paul D. Easton, Major General/US Army “Ret”: “ Guns in the right hands protect us !!!!

Enough said ! ! !

That is as far as they need to go; and those right~hands are the hands of all League Law Abiding US Citizens WHOM CAN OWN & POSSESS THEM LEGALLY!!!
    ccw9mm likes this.

Well I think I will throw up now excuse me.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

When you have no idea what could be trying to break thru your door and come after your family and you, why the hell shouldn't a decent law abiding citizen have the upper hand with the best tool for the job? I can't understand why any military member could possibly be against that, except maybe that these officers are too far removed from people and the work that gets done under them.

Maybe they just liked the idea of being on TV???? I hate to say this about any service person but those are all high ranking officers. Not saying all high ranking officers get high ranking this way but maybe those guys there smooched a lot of butt to get up the ladder politically and still are????
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I loathed officers while I was in the corps. They all wanted to be me the guy who kicked in the doors and actually got to pull the trigger. While they sat in the side lines like little cheerleaders.

I met maybe 5 good ones. I was in for 10 years.
    Crashoften and msgt/ret like this.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

So Bloomy can find five retired flag officers to kiss his rear end.

I'll bet that most of that 500 some officers that supported Romney would be on the side of protecting 2A.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

What happens when 3 cowards with handguns kick down my door in the middle of the night? I'd like to have my 'weapon of war' close by! Since when does the military decide what I'm supposed to protect myself with?
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by RicT View Post
    "Assault Weapons 'Not for Cowards' TV ad:

Gun control ad: Assault weapons 'not for cowards' - POLITICO.com

Mayors Against Illegal Guns ad with retired military general officers "demand a plan".

I haven't seen it on TV yet, but....
    I got just two words for those officers and I can't type the first word or receive a Warning for doing so and having my post deleted.

That said I have to ask..were these former officers *Line Officers*? as in served In Country where there was the chance they could be KIA or WIA or were they in charge of Supply Lines If they don't have CIBs at the VERY LEAST they are no better than brown noser's in my book. They Swore An Oath To Uphold and Defend Against All Enemies. As far as I am concerned they are Sleeping With The Enemy.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Links