Article: Rate of gun ownership declining

This is a discussion on Article: Rate of gun ownership declining within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This was in today's Kansas City Star opinion section. I have a REALLY hard time believing it. We've had two new indoor ranges open within ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Article: Rate of gun ownership declining

This was in today's Kansas City Star opinion section. I have a REALLY hard time believing it. We've had two new indoor ranges open within the last year. Thoughts?

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/02/22...have-more.html

2. Remove Ads

Lemme see here, they did a poll somewhere (not disclosed) and only 33% responded with I own a gun. Then they tag on Women buying Pink Handled guns and assorted other goodies at 10%. There is no reference to what and where the original poll was taken earlier that the shrinkage came as a result of. Go take that poll in any Southern state and you will get way different numbers up. Go take it in Illinois, California, New York, Maryland and the numbers get skewed down. I rest my case. I can make any poll look good or bad depending on which side of it I am on.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

RKM
    I find that hard to believe. It seems firearms are more popular now then they have ever been, at least in my lifetime.

76.4% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
    Lish, msgt/ret, krisspy and 3 others like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I doubt that number includes ILLEGALLY owned guns.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

The last relatively comprehensive educated guestimate figure I saw was 49% of all households in the US own a gun. Considering population growth and over 10 million illegal aliens now residing in the US (which equates to 4% of the total population) that can't legally own a gun and the adjusted rate of same store ownership by people legally allowed to own guns has increased.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Re: Article: Rate of gun ownership declining

This is a GOOD THING! Households with firearms are declining, good!

"What? You been inhaling too many varnish fumes there, oak, this is bad news."

No, no. Hear me out...

We're a minority now! We'll be the protected class! Heck, they'll probably give us "bullet stamps" and free guns! That's what all the gun buy backs are for... It's just like the other wealth redistribution stuff... People have extra guns, they turn 'em in... We get ' em!

Works for me!
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Pollster: Do you own any guns? Me: No I hate guns. Now how accurate are the polling stats? You decide
    Naufragia likes this.
    Don't tread on me or mine.
    I am comfortable laying on a rock in the sun; bothering no one. If you choose to ignore the above statement, you will wish all you had to do, is deal with a snake.

They are pulling numbers out of their arse's!
    First, they say that 74% of gun owners are in favor of some sort of ban. We all know that is a load of crap too!
    They are banking on the unwashed masses buying into the propaganda! Non gun owners believe what the media states as truth.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21361930196.459582.jpg
    BigStick likes this.

Eh if that true then extra terrestrials are beaming all the firearms up at night from the gun stores. Hard to find more than 10 firearms on a shelf at once of any kind. Internet is always out of stock on handguns for a ton of models anymore.
    I am pretty sure I read that after Obamys little tantrum over guns that more own guns now that at anytime since the American Revolution.
    Lnafree likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

KCStar = Trash
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

VIP Member
    Must have been a lot more of those households having boating accidents.
    Sontag, Jeanlouise and phreddy like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

they havent been to any gun stores around here. Always a line an never any ammo. I went to the range this morning an just turned around went home had to be 50 people there blasting away they were having fun but looked like rain so i bolted.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    That is the biggest pile of BS I have ever read. Nothing more than left wing propaganda, total BS.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    they havent been to any gun stores around here. Always a line an never any ammo. I went to the range this morning an just turned around went home had to be 50 people there blasting away they were having fun but looked like rain so i bolted.
    - Same here in CT. You'd be lucky to find an AR-15 in stock, even selling at twice the normal price.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links