Hopeful in Kentucky

This is a discussion on Hopeful in Kentucky within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I read a news article that the Kentucky Senate has supported a bill that stated Kentucky would disregard any federal gun laws that were not ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hoplyte

Thread: Hopeful in Kentucky

Hopeful in Kentucky

I read a news article that the Kentucky Senate has supported a bill that stated Kentucky would disregard any federal gun laws that were not all ready on the books. They also approved legislation that would reduce the waiting period on ccdw permits from 90 days to 60 days. Here's hoping these two items become law in Kentucky.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplyte View Post
    I read a news article that the Kentucky Senate has supported a bill that stated Kentucky would disregard any federal gun laws that were not all ready on the books. They also approved legislation that would reduce the waiting period on ccdw permits from 90 days to 60 days. Here's hoping these two items become law in Kentucky.
    I spoke in person to my KY house rep yesterday. Firstly she assured me the anti bills that were brought up by Stein and a couple of other down state were DOA. The bills you are speaking of Ive spoken to her and my State Senator in person as well since live near both and known them since childhood. The one that says Ky would disregard may pass though according to both my reps, there is some studying done on that particular one because Ky constitution and the right to hunt and fish bill that did pass and another one that I cant remember the number of put together would accomplish the same thing.

That being said both swore to me that nothing in Ky would change from what it is now with the current pro a numbers in house and senate we have if they do have to pass something to nullify the feds. I trust both. But I wouldnt let up on letters and such. And for petes sakes kick Stein and that other idiot from Louisville out as soon as possible. Stein is as bad as Fienstein.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Roger that. More letters will be out going from me soon. Right on both counts in regards to these two politicians
    Ghost1958 likes this.

Our Gov is a good one to target with mails Hoplyte. Ive gotten two letters back from him and though he claims to be staunch 2A he favors a national plan instead of as he says a piece meal state by state solution. Which gives me the willies about him.

I pushed both my reps the Gov and AG hard to get on the wagon with the other states passing similar laws to nullify the Feds. If nothing else but to send a message. My reps get it I dont think the Gov or AG do though.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Links