Gun crime prosecutions on decline, amid call for more laws

This is a discussion on Gun crime prosecutions on decline, amid call for more laws within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; However, recent studies show the Obama administration has not enforced many gun laws already on books -- with gun crime prosecutions hitting a decade low ...

Thread: Gun crime prosecutions on decline, amid call for more laws

However, recent studies show the Obama administration has not enforced many gun laws already on books -- with gun crime prosecutions hitting a decade low in 2011, down 40 percent from their peak under President George W. Bush in 2004, according to federal data crunched by Syracuse University. The SU study prompted 23 House Republicans on Friday to call on President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder to prosecute more people for gun-related crimes.

The Gun Debate: Gun crime prosecutions on decline, amid call for more laws | Fox News
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Kinda sounds to me like Obummer keeps shooting himself in the foot. If gun crime prosecutions are *ON THE DECLINE* then perhaps America is actually SAFER than what the Prez sez. That tells me about all I need to know. Lawyers are liars. Most politicians started out as lawyers. Let's see now...what's that childhood rhyme? Oh yeah...Liar liar, pants on fire...
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

VERY interesting... this goes along nicely with Biden's comment that the Administration doesn't have the time to prosecute the people breaking gun laws now.

Links