How much do you know about the Second Amendment? A quiz

This is a discussion on How much do you know about the Second Amendment? A quiz within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I answered 10 of 15 questions correctly for a total score of 67%. How much do you know about the Second Amendment? A quiz. - ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: How much do you know about the Second Amendment? A quiz

How much do you know about the Second Amendment? A quiz

I answered 10 of 15 questions correctly for a total score of 67%.
    How much do you know about the Second Amendment? A quiz. - Topic of Second Amendment - CSMonitor.com

Note:Post your score and no Googling answers......
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

I got 11 out of 15 for a score of 73%.

I scored 14 out of 15.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Well Crowman I'm semi ashamed of myself. I got 9 out of 15 right for 60%. Unlike some folks if it ain't said to be an 'Open Book* test from the get go I don't cheat.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

12 of 15. For 80 percent. I feel bad.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found raped and dead in an alley, strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker took two to the chest.

Even this question has Adam Lanza "USING" an AR-15.I thought there was a difference in using vs possessing in the trunk! I guess it fit's the agenda.

Got 10 out of 15, one of the 5 wrong was this question. Another I didn't see "all of the above" oops, read all answers first, lol.

13. Gun rights advocates filed a new complaint in 2012 seeking to overturn the District of Columbia’s assault weapons ban. The lead plaintiff is Dick Heller, the same gun owner who successfully fought the District’s handgun ban. To challenge the assault weapons ban, Mr. Heller attempted to register a semi-automatic rifle he uses for target shooting, a Bushmaster XM-15-E2S. Which of the following individuals also used a Bushmaster XM-15-E2S?

answers:
    William Spengler, an ex-con in Webster, New York, who set fire to his home on Dec. 24, 2012 and then ambushed the responding firefighters, killing two and wounding two before taking his own life.

Adam Lanza, who shot and killed 20 students and six staff at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., after shooting and killing his mother on Dec. 14, 2012. He also took his own life.

John Allen Mohammed and Lee Boyd Malvo, the so-called Beltway snipers, who killed six in a series of random shootings near Washington, D.C., in 2002.

All of the above.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I went 12 for 15, but I'm going to argue against one question, and the answer they are saying is correct.

They want you to say that it's unclear at this point whether you could own a weapon such as a semi-auto AR-15. At this point, it's not unclear at all: you are entitled to own one.
    Tzadik likes this.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

VIP Member
    14/15
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Lead Moderator
    Missed 4, all about the court decisions in the last couple of years.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

13/15. There's a couple trick questions in there.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member
    11/15. Several of the last questions didn't really have to do with the 2A, just facts of recent shootings - I'm ok if I don't know every little detail of every mass shooting in the last several years.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

It "...shall not be infringed".
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

12/15

There's a few questions in there that to me anyway, demonstrate a certain bias. I know what popular uninformed opinion is, but doesn't mean it's the correct answer IMHO.
    Don't try to be fancy. Shoot for the center of mass. The world is full of decent people. Criminals we can do without. -- Jeff Cooper (1920–2006)

12 of 15 but 1) I wasn't around in 1934 to know the impetus behind the NFA, 2) I haven't seen the evidence about whether anything but a pistol was used in Sandy Hook, even though he may have had an AR.

Too bad they didn't discuss any of the Debates on the Constitution around the original intent of the 2A.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

VIP Member
    Ever wonder how all the crap shows up in your mailbox? Ghostery blocked the following adware when I clicked the link.

AddThis
    Auditude
    ChartBeat
    CompeteXL
    cXense
    Disqus
    Facebook Connect
    Google Adsense
    Google AdWords Conversion
    Google Analytics
    Legolas Media
    Lotame