Think it's not worth the effort to contact your Congressional representatives?

This is a discussion on Think it's not worth the effort to contact your Congressional representatives? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is just a quick heads up for you folks that haven't contacted your Representatives and Senators about your stance on gun control. If you ...

Like Tree19Likes
  • 1 Post By TX expat
  • 2 Post By OldVet
  • 3 Post By kerberos
  • 2 Post By Kilowatt3
  • 3 Post By whoppo
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 4 Post By ppkheat
  • 2 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 1 Post By TX expat

Thread: Think it's not worth the effort to contact your Congressional representatives?

VIP Member

Think it's not worth the effort to contact your Congressional representatives?

This is just a quick heads up for you folks that haven't contacted your Representatives and Senators about your stance on gun control. If you are one of those folks (and I know it's easy to feel this way) who thinks that it won't do any good to contact your congressmen, please consider this article:

Republican rep demands White House records after 'fraudulent' gun control tweets | Fox News

The community organizer and his political machine seem to think it's important enough to contact them. They are out there perpetrating more fraud upon the American people. It's up to every one of us (real people, as opposed to fictitious internet "citizens") to be sure we are getting our message across to the people in Congress.

Even if you've already contacted them; take this opportunity to do it again. Federal, state and local. Let them all know where you stand on these issues. It's time to start taking back our country.
    SpringerXD likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The Antis have taken off their gloves. It's time for us to throw down the gaunlet ourselves.
    TX expat and Eagleks like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

This is especially true for persons in states that have Representatives/Senators up for re-election in 2014...

You've been notified Senator Mark Pryor...

Watch what you're doing up there, because the people of Arkansas are watching you...

Eagleks, DVido and TX expat like this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    This is just a quick heads up for you folks that haven't contacted your Representatives and Senators about your stance on gun control. If you are one of those folks (and I know it's easy to feel this way) who thinks that it won't do any good to contact your congressmen, please consider this article:

Republican rep demands White House records after 'fraudulent' gun control tweets | Fox News

The community organizer and his political machine seem to think it's important enough to contact them. They are out there perpetrating more fraud upon the American people. It's up to every one of us (real people, as opposed to fictitious internet "citizens") to be sure we are getting our message across to the people in Congress.

Even if you've already contacted them; take this opportunity to do it again. Federal, state and local. Let them all know where you stand on these issues. It's time to start taking back our country.
    Thanks for posting this reminder.

I'm going to write each of my Congressmen (again), and this time I plan to include a paragraph that reads:

"Please note that this is a real communication and I am a real resident and voter in the 3rd Congressional District of Louisiana. This is NOT a fraudulent, fictitious, and/or computer-generated message like those being used by certain anti-2nd Amendment activists in unethical attempts to distort your perception of your constituents' positions. Please feel free to call me at any time to confirm the authenticity of this message!"

FWIW.
    sdprof and TX expat like this.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member

He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Distinguished Member
    I'm pretty sure my state and federal legislators are sick to death of hearing from me... they get emails, written letters, phone calls at least once a week, every week.
    Hoganbeg, TX expat and krisspy like this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Is anyone truly surprised that they would stoop to this level? All these gun owners in this country and they still seem to come up with the majority on their side? This didn't sound fishy at all?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palmgopher View Post
    Is anyone truly surprised that they would stoop to this level? All these gun owners in this country and they still seem to come up with the majority on their side? This didn't sound fishy at all?
    Yes, it's no surprise at all.

That said, I want to clearly state that while there is obviously no way to illustrate the politics behind the anti-gun agenda, I don't want this thread to turn into a political 'trash the left' thread. I posted the article because I believe it's important for everyone to see the opposition's tactics and hopefully it will help illustrate that no effort is too small to count. The people that are actively trying to take our Second Amendment away follow a strategy that doesn't involve 'fair' or 'lawful'. We need to understand this because they are not a disorganized and benign group. They have a real agenda and they are working towards a goal that is most certainly no in our best interest.
    NRA Life Member

Re: Think it's not worth the effort to contact your Congressional representatives?

Quote Originally Posted by palmgopher View Post

Actually, some of the email bombs we send thru organizations and groups and manufacturers, could seem to be falsely generated, even if not.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Yes, it's no surprise at all.

That said, I want to clearly state that while there is obviously no way to illustrate the politics behind the anti-gun agenda, I don't want this thread to turn into a political 'trash the left' thread. I posted the article because I believe it's important for everyone to see the opposition's tactics and hopefully it will help illustrate that no effort is too small to count. The people that are actively trying to take our Second Amendment away follow a strategy that doesn't involve 'fair' or 'lawful'. We need to understand this because they are not a disorganized and benign group. They have a real agenda and they are working towards a goal that is most certainly no in our best interest.
    We are in a war with no Geneva Convention. Keep that in mind. And we are the defensive force.
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Yes, but I am quite sure your correspondence will be filed unread with the thousands of other pro and anti gun pieces of mail he/she has received. Hopefully you will at least get an answer all "Form Letter" reply. If he/she should read your letter will it make a difference, I doubt it, the majority of the gun control votes will be by party line. Democraps=Yes, Republicans= ???

I am a republican but of late don't have much faith in my party. Many are RINO's as is the obese NJ Governor of NJ.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    I just called (again) my two senators (Landrieu and Vitter), and told both of their staffers I was absolutely against any of this gun control nonsense and for the Senators to deal with the Sandy Hook shooting in some other way. Interestingly they didn't take/have the time to get my name, address, etc. Their caller ID may have displayed it for them though, along with my Louisiana area code/phone number.

BTW Vitter is solidly on our side, but I called anyway; Landrieu is up for re-election at mid-term, I suspect she's in a tough spot right now.

The call was super easy, I didn't go into infinite detail, I went right to the poiont about my pro 2A position.

Encourage your family and friends to do the same. Keep up the pressure. Complacency is our enemy too.

Everyone working together, making calls, sending emails, encouraging others, joining pro-gun groups collectively help us all "pull the 2A wagon faster and further". Be sure and do your part.

I AIN'T QUITTIN'........ NOT EVEN SLOWIN' DOWN !!!
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Yes, but I am quite sure your correspondence will be filed unread with the thousands of other pro and anti gun pieces of mail he/she has received. Hopefully you will at least get an answer all "Form Letter" reply. If he/she should read your letter will it make a difference, I doubt it, the majority of the gun control votes will be by party line. Democraps=Yes, Republicans= ???

I am a republican but of late don't have much faith in my party. Many are RINO's as is the obese NJ Governor of NJ.
    I agree with the exception of the part about NJ Gov. that sounds like you just don't like him because he is a big guy.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; February 27th, 2013 at 05:00 PM.

ppkheat and TX expat like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by latentcarry View Post
    I agree with the exception of the part about NJ Gov. that sounds like you just don't like him because he is a big guy.
    Chris Christie is no great friend of the Second Amendment.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; February 27th, 2013 at 05:00 PM.
    Eagleks likes this.
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Thanks for the reminder I just sent all four of them a little "note".
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by latentcarry View Post
    Nope, has nothing to do with his weight. The fact is that he is overweight and I see nothing wrong with stating true fact. Do you find anything wrong with people saying "our first black president".
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Links