Police harrassment, an arrest, and a Gay citizen - Open Carry

This is a discussion on Police harrassment, an arrest, and a Gay citizen - Open Carry within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Police brutality - watch video below Arrested for open display of a gun at acacia park in Colorado Springs CO - YouTube...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Police harrassment, an arrest, and a Gay citizen - Open Carry

I don't have time to watch the video now... what were the charges?
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

What does "gay" have to do with the story?
    DocT65 and SummerJoy like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    What does "gay" have to do with the story?
    My thoughts as well ; )

H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

I'll watch it in a minute, but at first blush we have a problem. OC is legal in Colorado.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

I don't know the laws there, but if he didn't do anything illegal, I hope these officers are fired and that he ends up owning a portion of the city.

Again, under the assumption he didn't do anything illegal, things like this (what happened in the video) is why people feel the way they do about LEOs (which is unfair, as there's more good ones then bad ones).
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Im pretty sure OC is legal there. I never heard them give a reason for detaining much less arresting the guy. Assuming there isnt something that cant be seen the LE and park rent a guards were out of line. Wish we could know how this ended up
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Im pretty sure OC is legal there. I never heard them give a reason for detaining much less arresting the guy. Assuming there isnt something that cant be seen the LE and park rent a guards were out of line. Wish we could know how this ended up
    Uploader comments:

"The charge was dropped and did not have to go to court also there has not been an apology."

"just a little update for you guys and gals keeping tabs. i was going throutght the paper work and the black cop said he did it because it worked plane and simple"

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    By the way he says, "sergeant" at one time, i knew he was military. You know those unstable vets that Janet from Another Planet wants you to look out for.

The charges may have been dropped, but the 'victim' can still take civil action...and probably should.
    The 'victim' should also learn to keep his cool. He got rather loud and used some language that detracts from his side of the equation. He should have just quietly gone along with the arrest and let his attorney do the talking.
    I don't understand why the LEOs just stood around waiting for such a long time, detaining this guy without a reason...that's what should cost the city some $$$.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If OC is legal in CO, does CO also have a State pre-emption law that says local municipalities can not have carry laws that conflict with the State?

VIP Member
    Can't say the guy was a baiter. Sounded like he was a little pissed for being detained. Understandable, but he should be a bit more diplomatic - primarily for future fact finders at trial, should there be one.

On a side note, I think I have watched too many of these videos, as I was more intrigued by the Carl Jr.'s burger joint in the background. I've been losing some weight and running, and I'm hungry.
    wishyouwell, Tzadik and JoeK like this.

Seems to be some confusion as to what the law is. Didn't work out well for CA OC by butting heads in public.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Well apparently there were no charges to hold water if they were dropped. I dont think that guy was baiting I think he just was frustrated. The black cop saying your about to get the crap beat out of you will one day say that to the wrong person and likely be unconscious while his bros do the beating for him
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Read post 5. OC is legal in Colorado. It is legal in Colorado Springs. It is legal in parks. The Mayor has a CHL and is a big 2A supporter. Only two cities have local ruled it not legal: Denver and Breckenridge. Colorado Springs has a problem here, but this fella did not help himself either.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links