WV Legislature attempting to do the right thing

This is a discussion on WV Legislature attempting to do the right thing within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; WV MetroNews ? Gun rights supporters target some WV cities The legislature is considering several bills that would roll back more restrictive gun ordinances passed ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By RookWV
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 3 Post By Tzed250

Thread: WV Legislature attempting to do the right thing

WV MetroNews ? Gun rights supporters target some WV cities

The legislature is considering several bills that would roll back more restrictive gun ordinances passed by several cities. The bills are aimed at Charleston and other cities that have added their own restrictions on gun purchases and were grandfathered in several years ago when the legislature passed a preemption law.
    I'm pretty sure that this group has be pushing for this for a while: West Virginia Citizen's Defense League (WVCDL)

So if you're from WV be sure to let your officials know that you support rolling back the restrictions.

If you're not from WV, use this as an example to your local officials.
    Jeanlouise and Tzed250 like this.

VIP Member
    Thanks for that link. We regularly write Manchin and Capito. Rockefeller is a lost cause...thank goodness he'll be gone soon.
    RookWV likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Manchin is a huge disappointment. Total Obama puppet now.

I wrote the my WV legislators today asking them to support all of the pro gun bills, and asking Gov Tomblin to sign them into law. Also, I am a member of WVCDL. If there are any DC members from WV who do not belong to WVCDL, I urge you to join ASAP. They are working hard for all WV gun owners.

Hopefully it passes! Doesn't really effect me because I live in Morgantown/Fairmont area but its a state taking a step in the right direction
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

Doesn't look good for this to make it our of the state Senate committee.....you'd think that with 94 yea's in the House that it would be a no brainer in the Senate.

Apparently "no brains" is the operative term here.

WV MetroNews ? City gun bill not moving in Senate
    Concealed means hidden from ordinary observation so as to prevent disclosure or recognition. A deadly weapon is concealed when it is carried on or about the person in such a manner that another person in the ordinary course of events would not be placed on notice that the weapon was being carried.

Links