Lobo Gun Leather, new sales policy

This is a discussion on Lobo Gun Leather, new sales policy within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In response to the actions of certain US states and municipalities in denying their law-abiding citizens the right to keep and bear arms, Lobo Gun ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Lobo Gun Leather, new sales policy

In response to the actions of certain US states and municipalities in denying their law-abiding citizens the right to keep and bear arms, Lobo Gun Leather has taken a position of DENYING ANY ORDERS placed by any government agency within those states or municipalities. Those currently affected are:

CALIFORNIA
    HAWAII
    MARYLAND
    MASSACHUSSETTS
    NEW JERSEY
    NEW YORK
    DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
    CITY OF CHICAGO

More may be added as warranted by the actions of arrogant and oppressive politicians.
    Lobo Gun Leather
    serious equipment for serious business, since 1972
    www.lobogunleather.com

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    That's fine, but until Glock, S&W, Sig, and other major gun manufacturers, I imagine these states are saying, "So what?"
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Administrator
    Your decision to take a stand much appreciated.
    Every little bit helps and it is great that you are doing that but, I agree with the statement made by OldVet.

And if one large firearm manufacturer would do it then the other biggies would possibly follow.

Though I do think that Hi-Point should continue to sell to them. Limit anti-gun states to Pot Metal firearms ONLY for Law Enforcement.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    That's fine, but until Glock, S&W, Sig, and other major gun manufacturers, I imagine these states are saying, "So what?"
    I've been thinking this exact same thing, ever since LaRue started this. If Glock, S&W, Sig and HK did this, it would really get their attention. But I highly doubt any of them would do such a thing seeing as though they make a lot of money off LE. HK wouldn't even consider it... what's their slogan... "because you suck, and we hate you"?

I'm glad manufactures are making a stand. Even the smaller ones. Every little bit counts. Thank you.

My only problem is that it is hurting those affected by the laws rather than those making them. Law enforcement does just that...enforce laws. They do not make them. Is is the legislature who makes the stupid laws. However, I suppose if enough law enforcement agencies scream and holler to legislators that they can't get equipment, it might have a positive effect.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

Every bit counts. Maybe they are not some huge manufacturer but at least they are taking a stand. Too many people sit around and don't do anything because they think it wont make a difference.

What we really need is ammo manufacturers on board. Glock can send as many guns as they want but if they don't have anything to put in them they are worthless.
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by loboleather View Post
    In response to the actions of certain US states and municipalities in denying their law-abiding citizens the right to keep and bear arms, Lobo Gun Leather has taken a position of DENYING ANY ORDERS placed by any government agency within those states or municipalities. Those currently affected are:

CALIFORNIA
    HAWAII
    MARYLAND
    MASSACHUSSETTS
    NEW JERSEY
    NEW YORK
    DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
    CITY OF CHICAGO

More may be added as warranted by the actions of arrogant and oppressive politicians.
    Good man. Now let's keep up all efforts to see that Colorado stays off that list.

I'm certain it hasn't gone unnoticed especially at the local levels.

If Beretta would pull the trigger and leave Maryland I think that would open even more eyes.

Maybe instead of any of the larger manufacturers denying sales, because that would eventually hurt their business and then all of us, maybe they should just charge double to governments in highly restricted states..

Administrator
    True but, YES, also very true that Law Enforcement can put pressure on the lawmakers and say "Hey...maybe all this token, meaningless, "feel good" illogical nonsense wasn't such a great idea after all."

Quote Originally Posted by acepilot View Post
    My only problem is that it is hurting those affected by the laws rather than those making them. Law enforcement does just that...enforce laws. They do not make them. Is is the legislature who makes the stupid laws. However, I suppose if enough law enforcement agencies scream and holler to legislators that they can't get equipment, it might have a positive effect.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    True but, YES, also very true that Law Enforcement can put pressure on the lawmakers and say "Hey...maybe all this token, meaningless, "feel good" illogical nonsense wasn't such a great idea after all."

Exactly. I've thought about this quite a bit and the honest bottom line is it's the STATE enacting these laws that affects everyone. The state putting in loopholes to protect "their" interest should be unacceptable to everyone, including those who find themselves in the 'have' category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

MJK
    A case can be made that civilians must have the same tools as LE since they are both facing the same threats. If a government authority prohibits some of those tools from civilian ownership then it is not unreasonable to suspend sales of the same tools to LE agencies.

Just sayin'...there are unintended consequences of passing foolish legislation.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

When I see the "so what" comments, I think of "death by a thousand cuts." No one individual 'wound' is lethal, but in the aggregate, each one contributes to the final outcome.

"Lay on, MacDuff, and damned be him who first cries, hold, enough."
    thephanatik, wmhawth and Brad426 like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    When I see the "so what" comments, I think of "death by a thousand cuts." No one individual 'wound' is lethal, but in the aggregate, each one contributes to the final outcome.

"Lay on, MacDuff, and damned be him who first cries, hold, enough."
    You better be careful with comments like this; some fearful lib will see it and want to ban paper next.
    thephanatik and Brad426 like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    You are correct, without a doubt. In the grand scheme of things my little company amounts to very little, and this gesture may be more symbollic than a thing of consequence.

On the other hand, each of us must do what we can. Perhaps if enough businesses, small and large, stand in open opposition to those who would deny constitutionally-guaranteed liberties to our fellow citizens the result will not be of little consequence.
    Lobo Gun Leather
    serious equipment for serious business, since 1972
    www.lobogunleather.com

Bravo, loboleather.
    Thank you for standing with us!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links