WV's Joe Manchin Doesn't Get An A Rating From National Association of Gun Rights

This is a discussion on WV's Joe Manchin Doesn't Get An A Rating From National Association of Gun Rights within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't know if this has bee posted yet or not. Here is a video running about him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo2Mi...layer_embedded Here is his response: Joe Manchin ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn

Thread: WV's Joe Manchin Doesn't Get An A Rating From National Association of Gun Rights

VIP Member

WV's Joe Manchin Doesn't Get An A Rating From National Association of Gun Rights

I don't know if this has bee posted yet or not. Here is a video running about him:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo2Mi...layer_embedded

Here is his response:
    Joe Manchin Talks Honest About Guns - YouTube
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

I think you posted the response for both videos. I don't know what they said about him, but I like the directness of his response. "This is a bunch of crap".
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I think you posted the response for both videos. I don't know what they said about him, but I like the directness of his response. "This is a bunch of crap".
    Fixed it. Thanks.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

The good news is: Joe Manchin now knows he is under the microscope and he knows he can be very vulnerable in the next election. He may argue moderation when in subcommittee, but the real test is what comes out of the committee & what he votes on.

WVA - keep the pressure on him!
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Manchin is trying to backpedal his way out of this, but as far as I'm concerned it's too late. We already know his true feelings. During a meeting between Manchin and WVCDL President Keith Morgan Manchin basically told Morgan that the 2A is just a hunting right (my paraphrase of the conversation). During the conversation Manchin basically said he doesn't see the 2A as pertaining to defense.

Here is a link to a radio interview Keith Morgan gave to a WV radio station that explains things in more detail:

WVCDL Interview with Mike Agnello on WCHS Radio58 - YouTube

VIP Member
    Manchin will say whatever he thinks will get him re elected, then vote with the the Obama/Pelosi crowd because he doesn't have the guts to go against them. He's all "blah,blah, blah" but his voting record has him marching in lock step with the Liberals.
    RickyD and NONAME762 like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Manchin will say whatever he thinks will get him re elected, then vote with the the Obama/Pelosi crowd because he doesn't have the guts to go against them. He's all "blah,blah, blah" but his voting record has him marching in lock step with the Liberals.
    After the meeting between Manchin and Keith Morgan, Morgan said he got the strong feeling that Manchin won't run again, which actually makes him more dangerous since he won't have to worry about facing re-election.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    After the meeting between Manchin and Keith Morgan, Morgan said he got the strong feeling that Manchin won't run again, which actually makes him more dangerous since he won't have to worry about facing re-election.

Really? That's interesting. I wonder why he wouldn't? Not that I care; I'd love to see two Republicans as our Senators for a change. We've been at the bottom of the heap for years and years...how much worse could it be to TRY a change for a couple of terms? What are people afraid of, that we'd slip from 49 to 50th in just about everythiing?
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Manchin is a turncoat. He's the worst Senator that West Virginia has ever had. He is a liar. I dislike him to the point that if I could vote him out tomorrow, I'd be first in line to do so. I'm being nice.

He is trying to make a name by aligning himself with everything that he claimed he would not do. I have no use for him, period. He's for gun control, even after claiming he would not support such measures, now we see the true side of him.

I'm grading him as "negative F" so how's that for you "Fence Ridin' Joe?"
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    I knew he was going to be trouble when he missed that first vote in the Senate because he had to go to a family Christmas party. He had only been in office a few weeks. I guess he didn't mention to his family that he had just gotten elected SENATOR and might have to change a few plans. Like they couldn't have had the party a few days later? It wasn't even on Christmas.

Ridiculous.

Why should he run. He already has retirement for life!

Really? That's interesting. I wonder why he wouldn't? Not that I care; I'd love to see two Republicans as our Senators for a change. We've been at the bottom of the heap for years and years...how much worse could it be to TRY a change for a couple of terms? What are people afraid of, that we'd slip from 49 to 50th in just about everythiing?
    Here is a video of a rally held in front of Manchin's Martinsburg office. Keith Morgan steps up to the podium at round 13:35 in the video. In his remarks, he repeats something he had said before, that he doesn't think Manchin will run again in WV.

This is a video worth watching, and not just for Morgan's speech.

WVCDL Martinsburg Protest 1-19-2013 - YouTube

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    Here is a video of a rally held in front of Manchin's Martinsburg office. Keith Morgan steps up to the podium at round 13:35 in the video. In his remarks, he repeats something he had said before, that he doesn't think Manchin will run again in WV.

This is a video worth watching, and not just for Morgan's speech.

WVCDL Martinsburg Protest 1-19-2013 - YouTube
    I was there that day! The speeches were really good and it was interesting to hear them again. The wind was whipping up that day and I missed some of it being back in the crowd.

Manchin better start listening to his constitutents and remember who elected him to represent THEM. He isn't in Washington to vote the way Obama tells him to if the people of WV have different ideas.

I was there that day! The speeches were really good and it was interesting to hear them again. The wind was whipping up that day and I missed some of it being back in the crowd.

Manchin better start listening to his constitutents and remember who elected him to represent THEM. He isn't in Washington to vote the way Obama tells him to if the people of WV have different ideas.
    I couldn't make it to the rally that day. I had a commitment I couldn't get out of, but I've watched the video a few times. I've seen Keith Morgan speak several times now in different situations (I especially liked the interview he did on the TV show Decision Makers), and I really like how he handles himself.
    Last edited by SmokinFool; March 4th, 2013 at 02:30 AM.

I watched both videos the OP put on his post. Vid #1 there he is kissing Obummer's wa-too-sie. Vid #2 he sounds like he is for gun owners.
    Typical politician...talking out of both sides of his mouth like a 2 faced liar.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Links