Gun Hobby Article in this morning paper.

This is a discussion on Gun Hobby Article in this morning paper. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Kinda nice to see a article that isn't negative about AR-15 rifles for a change. hope this link works AR-15 owners aim for gun to ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aquaman

Thread: Gun Hobby Article in this morning paper.

Gun Hobby Article in this morning paper.

Kinda nice to see a article that isn't negative about AR-15 rifles for a change.

hope this link works

AR-15 owners aim for gun to be seen as hobby, not horror - Omaha.com

2. Remove Ads

Good article.....wish the politicians would have more common sense.
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

Appears the State Attorney General for Nebraska seems to have a little.

We need to see more of this and less of the "evil black gun" mentality.

I totally agree. I don't personally own an "evil black gun", several black guns but none are evil. but if more of the non gun toting people would understand they are used more for sporting/hobby/competition/hunting/plinking and so on than they are for "killing, which is what they were designed for" they might not have such a bad stigma attached to them.
    NONAME762 likes this.

I watched that guy shoot and run and shoot pistol and run and shoot rifle and shoot and run and... I was getting tired just watching him move and shoot!!
    It also looked like loads of fun!!
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Well, when you pour the kind of time and money into this that we do, it does go a bit beyond "hobby".........

The ability to precisely place a high velocity projectile into the desired area is a bit of an "obsession" in my house, so says my wife.

Glad to hear some horse sense, for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Well, when you pour the kind of time and money into this that we do, it does go a bit beyond "hobby".........
    I hear you! Any hobby can become as expensive as you want it to or allow it to. My wife, kids and I had horses for 20 years, it started as hobby, just trail riding and such, than I started team roping and my wife started barrel racing, than the kids got involved before you know it I'm training horses, they are showing horses every weekend and it became a lifestyle, big trucks, aluminum horse trailers, fancy show saddles. Haven't been on a horse in 6 years now. Course than the hobby changed to motorcycles, first it was honda and suzuki, than to Harley's than to CVO Harleys. Now I'm getting back into shooting again, used to reload 20 years ago but sold all the stuff, now here I am doing it all again, course my wife has bought to Sigs in the last month. Every time we start a new hobby it turns into an obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
    I hear you! Any hobby can become as expensive as you want it to or allow it to. My wife, kids and I had horses for 20 years, it started as hobby, just trail riding and such, than I started team roping and my wife started barrel racing, than the kids got involved before you know it I'm training horses, they are showing horses every weekend and it became a lifestyle, big trucks, aluminum horse trailers, fancy show saddles. Haven't been on a horse in 6 years now. Course than the hobby changed to motorcycles, first it was honda and suzuki, than to Harley's than to CVO Harleys. Now I'm getting back into shooting again, used to reload 20 years ago but sold all the stuff, now here I am doing it all again, course my wife has bought to Sigs in the last month. Every time we start a new hobby it turns into an obsession.
    Yea. Don't you just love it?
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    We need to see more of this and less of the "evil black gun" mentality.
    Duracoat, Zombie Green, sweet

Links