DHS Bullets, Drones & Tanks - Oh My

This is a discussion on DHS Bullets, Drones & Tanks - Oh My within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Not only are our Second Amendment Rights on the line, all our rights are on the line. DHS buys millions of rounds of ammunition has ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: DHS Bullets, Drones & Tanks - Oh My

Not only are our Second Amendment Rights on the line, all our rights are on the line.

DHS buys millions of rounds of ammunition has been discussed several times on this forum.
    DHS has purchased drones "with the capability to identify if a person has a weapon" (rifle or shotgun). Now the DHS is purchasing Light Tanks.
    I am afraid we are turning into the Soviet Union or Nazi Germany before our very eyes. The Second Amendment may be only part of our worries.

Read the article hear: Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile | The Gateway Pundit
    buckfynn likes this.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Did anybody contact DHS to see what is going on? All I found was speculation by panicked people hoping for a civil war.
    Taurahe and inneyeseakay like this.

The problem with a paramilitary police force, is they need to validate their existence, even if that means fabrication to assure their cut of the tax dollars. I fore see them being a target of the next so called budget sequester.
    mano3 likes this.
    John Luttrell

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    That's it, drive up the demand and prices of light-armored tanks just when I was thinking about getting one. The DHS has out-manuevered me again!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

How can these departments do this under the sequester, when all budgets have been arbitrarily cut?

The ammo is of no concern... Cops need training bullets as much as we do or more.

I posted about police tanks a long time ago... But I can see the need for DHS MRAPS in border areas...
    inneyeseakay likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I could see the need for MRAPS on the border, but what about in your home town (Not on the border)? It seems to me there has been Too much militarization of the police. This kind of armament seems excessive & potentially very oppressive.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

VIP Member
    Well an MRAP is not a tank it is more akin to an armored car which LE has had or had access to for years.
    10thmtn likes this.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

...if it looks like a duck, and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it's not a duck, folks, move along here, nothing to see...nothing to worry about...your voter-responsive, Constitution-upholding government's got everything under control...
    Sister likes this.

Sponsor
    Yeah..... The article calling those "light armored tanks" is a major spin to draw out an emotional response....

I like how in the article it quotes a blog that says

of these ‘Mine Resistant Protected’ vehicles for service on the streets of the United States.
    The quotes around the "Mine Resistant Protected" vehicle reminds me of when liberal media outlets puts things in quotes.

Some Americans believe these "Self Defense Weapons", are protected by the second amendment.
    Conservative media calls them "Light Armored-Tanks", Anyone who has a clue doesn't call them that....
    Liberal media calls them "Assault Weapons with Super High Capacity Magazines"..... Once again, anyone who has a clue doesn't call them that (including the military in both instances).

What is the difference? Both forms of media are really spinning the news to try to push their own agenda.... I think its wrong on both counts.

Check out this video..... No spin, straight from the horses mouth. His intent is apparently to create a second militarized force, one that wouldn't fall under some of the the legal limitations the military has to involve itself in civilian or state side affairs.

Obama Civilian Security - YouTube

At best it seems like a waste of money, at worst.... who knows.

Thanks,
    Clay

...amazing how little we hear about those plans...and he doesn't bray about them anymore...(apologize to the horse. now, SHTF)

They do not need 2,700 Light Armored MRAPS for the border. Dudes, they won't even do a good job of stopping illegal immigration now.

And yes, Police and Sheriff's Departments have sometimes had one for SWAT teams, but 2,700? I cannot see them needing that just for the southern border areas.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Thats fine. They will just have a bunch of crap sitting around for no one to use. A ton of LEO and Military personnel have already said they will not participate in any round ups or whatever they are planning.
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

I'm not too sure what to think about it. But I will surely let you all know if those things start prowling my neighborhood which is nowhere near any border.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I really do hate to make this comparison....... but Hitler spent several years "builiding up the military" .... before he acted and did alot of the things he did. He was also weeding out those who weren't fully supportive of him, any that might resist his actions, and to endoctrinate them to the point of total loyalty to him.

I wonder if O-man wants to decrease the Military presence, because he doesn't like nor trust that the military wouldn't take the side of the "people" .... and why he has wanted his "own" security force within the USA all along.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    I cannot see them needing that just for the southern border areas.
    Maybe Canada is feeling frisky.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links