Another CO elected offical think women can't defend themselves

This is a discussion on Another CO elected offical think women can't defend themselves within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is a woman senator who think women can't defend themselves! Amanda Collins at HB 1226 Hearing - YouTube So all women should just lay ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Another CO elected offical think women can't defend themselves

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar

This is a woman senator who think women can't defend themselves!

Amanda Collins at HB 1226 Hearing - YouTube

So all women should just lay down and enjoy it! NOT!!!!
    Eagleks likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Sen Evie Hudak seems to feel that she should decide for all women what is best for them.

I really hate watching stuff like this but the alternative (burying your head in the sand, ignoring what is going on) is far worse. It really rustles my jimmies when I witness such full blown ignorance.. especially in government positions.

If they had even half a damn brain, they'd be capable of being ashamed of their selves, as they should be.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

...they sure don't know any of the wimmen I know...
    blitzburgh likes this.

"How does rendering me defenseless protect you against a violent crime?"

That's awesome.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

When he asked her to repeat the question, right after she asked it, I knew the rest was doomed.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Yep, the political critter is another anti-self defense blissninnie who thinks a raped woman is morally superior to a woman who killed her attacker.

VIP Member
    Recall election. Don't wait.

Every time one of these mindless jugheads show their colors, they should be taken out of office. No hand-wringing, no waiting for their re-election, just (election recall) action.
    Last edited by WHEC724; March 5th, 2013 at 01:42 PM.
    rutcrazed, Hoganbeg and F350 like this.

It's not about her protecting herself, It's about the teachers feeling safe when talking to her...

WOW!!! God forbid someone FEEL uncomfortable!!!!!

I got news for you, I'm feeling pretty daggone uncomfortable knowing my government thinks I don't have the right to protect myself against a rapist! Her question is BRILLIANT! And if the arrogant, condescending Ted Harvey had a dingleberry's worth of common sense, he would have simply said, "It doesn't," and moved on.

In the words of my favorite workout guru, "Transformation happens when you GET UNCOMFORTABLE!" Lord knows this country could use a little transformation!
    Hoganbeg and F350 like this.
    NRA Life Member

I know he rambled on and buried his point, but Ted Harvey was on her side. He asked her to repeat the question so she could say it again and leaving it hanging out there. And his whole "What we are trying to do here tonight" speech was all so he could apologize for it at the end (at around the 2:02 mark).

Edit: watch from 1:49 to 2:04 and that is the part that let's you see Harvey is against the bill... "weighs more for them, than for you and the right of self defense. And for that, I apologize".
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sauerpuss View Post
    In the words of my favorite workout guru, "Transformation happens when you GET UNCOMFORTABLE!" Lord knows this country could use a little transformation!
    Well said.

The process of improvement is rarely comfortable, but it is wonderfully healthy and good for us. It is time for our nation to get off the couch in every sense of the term.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I know he rambled on and buried his point, but Ted Harvey was on her side. He asked her to repeat the question so she could say it again and leaving it hanging out there. And his whole "What we are trying to do here tonight" speech was all so he could apologize for it at the end (at around the 2:02 mark).
    Yup. He tried to tee up Hudak to look like an idiot, but he a very poor job of it. Fortunately, she's fully capable of doing so all on her own.

I feel uncomfortable watching this uncaring, immoral, self serving female "offical" belittling this innocent rape victim by stating that "statistics were not on her side." I have some unsavory words for her that I will refrain from posting.

I think she'd feel a bit different when the shoe is on the other foot and she would become a victim of rape. We all know that rape isn't about sex, it is about power and abuse towards females. It is about belittling them and making them afraid all for the sake of the man feeling powerful and superiour.

Her "concealed" hand gun could have equalized that power and gave her the ability to resist the rape. Without it, and even with Martial Arts training, she was made a victim by these people who feel "uncomfortable" around guns. Liberalism is a cancer that needs to be cut out of our lives forever because it simpl serves to make all of us victims.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Lady(?) Hudak,and I use that label loosely, needs a dose of reality.
    I would offer to buy the young lady a firearm if she already did not have one.
    Since I lived in the Kolorada, the next Kalifornicate state, things have gone from acceptable to repulsive.
    Ask any female if she has an opinion about personal protection, and I am sure you will get a resounding Yes!
    Please ask your lawmakers to THINK, then ask questions, and then answer the question the young lady asked.
    My two cents worth from a 47 year old marriage today!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links