A dummy like me can see it..

This is a discussion on A dummy like me can see it.. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but I believe or so it appears to me that certain figures in the GOP ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: A dummy like me can see it..

VIP Member

A dummy like me can see it..

I might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but I believe or so it appears to me that certain figures in the GOP is compromising our 2nd rights away with finding middle ground so they say with the liberal anti gunners. Im starting to see talk of a deal btwn the parties concerning record keeping and universal checks for ammo and all guns. Folks this is worse then banning assault rifles and mags caps laws on us. This is mass registration undercover.. They are pulling the wool over our eyes. WAKE UP !!
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

2. Remove Ads

You can lead a horse to water...

Most of those fools work to get reelected, not for their constituents.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Yup. Suckin' on the gravy train, and perpetuating the "suck."

Universal Background Checks is indeed just a prelude to full and complete tracking, a defacto registration of each and every new transaction that's done within the system. If you don't believe the tracking will be recorded and kept way beyond any legislated maximum, you (the voting citizenry) are smoking something. If you don't believe "they" know darned well what they're doing, you're not paying attention to the subtext and reading between the lines.

KEEP CONTACTING YOUR REPS IN YOUR STATE AND IN CONGRESS, COMMUNICATING TO THEM IN THE MOST STRIDENT TERMS HOW YOU DEMAND THEY NOT SUPPORT THESE HEINOUS ATTEMPTS AT BREACH OF THE SECOND AMENDMENT. AND KEEP CONTACTING THEM, UNTIL THE VERMIN ARE EJECTED FROM THE BASEMENT (aka, halls of Congress, state legislature).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Yup......after all these years....I'm pretty much sick of voting for these egotistical fools we call our elected officials.....why don't we call them what they really are.... Professional Liars....IMO.
    The entire political system is only concerned with 1 thing......re-election votes. maybe if they did their jobs correctly, they wouldn't have to worry....and as for me, I'll never ever again vote for another Lawyer.
    Richard58 likes this.

Every Republican is not a conservative. Mitt Romney for example. Every Democrat is not a liberal. Ben Nelson for example. So to get bi-partisan gun legislation going, you get these people who could easily cross to the other side and you get legislation that "everybody" can agree on...i.e. tougher laws on straw purchases and closing the gun show loophole with universal background checks. Once you get that passed, you have the ball rolling and can work on other stuff like limits on magazine capacity and "assault weapons" bans. That may be a little bit tougher, but if there isn't a whole bunch of hoopla from the common folk about that first gun legislation that you passed, it's easier to convince members of the other party to come along for the ride on this batch of legislation. So, you get that passed and now you can move on to the big stuff. It's like the adage "How do you eat an elephant? Just take one bite at a time."

And that ladies and gentlemen is how you get stripped of your 2nd amendment rights. One bite at a time.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    And that ladies and gentlemen is how you get stripped of your 2nd amendment rights. One bite at a time.
    Yep, that's what will happen. What we're seeing develop now is just the prelude. We will see much more (and much more strict) legislation come coming in the future. We need to fight it every step of the way. That will mean staying in almost perpetual letter writing mode. We can't let up. Not for an instant.

VIP Member
    I'll say it again. We are going to be sold out by a so called deal.

Sources: NRA won't oppose background check deal ? if Democrats cede tough records fight - First Read
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Just remember those Republicans that vote with the anti gun Dems and we will vote their azzes OUT!!!!
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Senior Moderator
    Yep, its coming and there aint a dang thing you can do about it.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

It is so easy to sell. After repeating "gun show loophole" over and over we now have 200 million folks convinced that Charles Manson can go to a gun show and buy any gun he wants.

Now as far as the background checks go -- I don't for one minute believe those records aren't already loaded into a permanent database. That database will contain the incriminating evidence that I bought 2 guns this year. It probably doesn't even record that I passed the check.

Re: A dummy like me can see it..

So, all the good NRA members, that suggested everybody join up... And who have vowed to vote out any and all elected officials who vote for further infringement...

I wonder, will you "vote out" the NRA, too?

They "compromised" gun owners with the previous AWB, and it appears as though they might just do it again on UBCs...

When is enough, enough?

Were I a member of the NRA, I would let them know I would "vote with my feet" if they don't stop this, and quit "compromising" my rights to keep and bear arms.

The article says that the anti groups are going to start airing ads... In states with legislators who vote against these heinous bills.

We ought to start airing ads against the anti groups, like Kelly & Gifford's where the "leader of the PAC" just completed a straw purchase, admitted to it on social media, and will get off scott free.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    You can lead a horse to water...

If you cannot lead a horse to water, you can give it an intravenous injection.
    BigJon10125 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyntonstu View Post
    If you cannot lead a horse to water, you can give it an intravenous injection.
    Now we are talking!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

"I don't care what the politicians do as long as they don't do it in the street and frighten the horses" author unkown

I received an NRA-ILA alert today stating that the story is completely false. The NRA is stating that it does not support any expansion of background checks, whether it comes form a bi-partisan deal or not.
    whoppo likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links