Last Chance before Friday: PLEASE HELP US!

This is a discussion on Last Chance before Friday: PLEASE HELP US! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Please write, call, tweet or whatever you can! The Senate Hearings are Friday, and we need to stop all of the heinous bills in the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Last Chance before Friday: PLEASE HELP US!

Please write, call, tweet or whatever you can! The Senate Hearings are Friday, and we need to stop all of the heinous bills in the Senate.

Please help!

Please read this important message from Senate Republican Leader Bill L. Cadman about the gun control measures at the State Capitol.

Dear Coloradan,

Thank you for signing the petition opposing the Democrats’ gun control package currently being debated in the Colorado General Assembly. On Monday, hundreds of Coloradans showed up to testify against these extreme measures.

While they passed committee on a party-line vote, the battle isn’t over. These bills will be debated in the Senate, this Friday, March 8th, and the vote is going to be close. This is why we need you to act immediately!

Please take a moment and contact these members and respectfully ask them to vote NO on the proposed gun control package.

Last Name First Name Party Office Phone Email Address

Giron Angela Democrat 303-866-4878 angela.giron.senate@state.co.us
    Jahn Cheri Democrat 303-866-4856 cheri.jahn.senate@state.co.us
    Kerr Andy Democrat 303-866-4859 andy.kerr.senate@state.co.us
    Newell Linda Democrat 303-866-4846 linda.newell.senate@gmail.com
    Nicholson Jeanne Democrat 303-866-4873 jeanne.nicholson.senate@state.co.us
    Schwartz Gail Democrat 303-866-4871 gail.schwartz.senate@gmail.com
    Tochtrop Lois Democrat 303-866-4863 lotochtrop@aol.com

Click here to email these Democrat members and respectfully ask them to vote NO on these gun control measures.

Also, please consider filling the Senate gallery to show your opposition to the proposed gun control bills. The Senate convenes at 9:00 a.m. The debate will likely go late into the night.

Thank you for standing up for the Second Amendment. My colleagues and I truly thank you for your support in assisting us in speaking out against these onerous proposals.

Sincerely,

Bill L. Cadman
    Senate Republican Leader
    If you are from out of state, please communicate you will CEASE spending fishing, hunting, hiking, camping, skiing and vacation dollars in Colorado.

Many thanks!

I know ya'll are real tired of me - please give this one last push!
    bigbadsmiles and TX expat like this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

I'll keep contacting them day and night if it will help! I received this email as well this afternoon, but thanks for posting the info Rock and Glock.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    ἐν τούτῳ νίκα - In hoc signo vinces

Confidence- thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.-FDR

here is an email i just drafted up and sent to them. feel free to use.

Senator _________,

I am writing this letter to voice the staunch opposition Coloradans have to the current gun control bills that OUR legislators are forcing upon us. I strongly urge you to vote against all of the seven bills.

HB13-1224: Limiting magazine capacities is not the answer. Contrary to Rhonda Fields's ignorant assertion, “high capacity” magazines are not manufactured "to kill large numbers of people as quickly as possible." 30 rounds is the standard magazine capacity for the AR platform, and it is the same capacity that our Colorado police departments use. Are our police forces intending to kill large numbers of people with their 30 round magazines? Of course not. They use the magazines for the same reason citizens use them - because 30 rounds serves as an adequate quantity for practical uses such as self-defense and recreational target shooting. Additionally, what makes you think our state will have any more success regulating magazines than it did trying to regulate marijuana (which we were so successful in regulating that we eventually gave up and legalized it)? Again, law abiding citizens will follow the law and will be handicapped while criminals will neglect that law as they do others.

SB13-196: Attempting to hold American businesses (firearms manufacturers and suppliers) liable for damages caused with their products is not the answer. Contrarily, this proposal blatantly contradicts the law according to the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act signed by President Bush on October 26, 2005. Where are the proposals to hold Coors responsible for DUI fatalities (which kill over 10,000 Americans annually)? Where are the proposals to hold fast food restaurants liable for heart attacks? They don't exist. Politicians are targeting firearms manufacturers solely because they have an opportunity to use murdered 6 year olds to exploit America's emotions and press forward their agendas. The proposed legislation to hold manufacturers liable for events they had no part in is illogical, illegal and will only burden American gun manufacturers and sacrifice American jobs.

HB13-1228/1229: Burdening law abiding, tax paying citizens by mandating they go through the process of paying for background checks is not the answer. This legislation is just as unconstitutional as a tax on Colorado citizens to vote would be. These rights are both outlined clearly in the Constitution, and you can’t charge us for rights that are inherently ours. In addition to the disgusting violation of rights, this bill also offers no specific amount for the cost nor does it offer a cap for the cost. This opens the opportunity for corrupt politicians to increase the amount until it is infeasible for poverty-stricken single mothers to purchase weapons to defend their children. This bill is wrong at every level of analysis.

HB13-1226: As a student at a Colorado University, this bill upsets me the most. Who are you to tell me, a law abiding legal gun owner, that I can’t defend myself at my school? A very common theme of all the recent mass shootings is that they have occurred in “Gun Free Zones.” This bill proposes to add 15 new prime locations for murderers to shoot defenseless victims. Moreover, there have been ZERO incidents at Colorado universities where a concealed weapons permit holder has caused injury or death to anyone. However, there have been COUNTLESS rapes and assaults on young men and women who could have successfully defended themselves had they been armed. You have ZERO right to take away my right to choose to defend myself at school, and if you pass this legislation, the blood from the next mass shooting will be on your hands.

There is a violence epidemic in America right now that must be addressed, but guns are not responsible. Evil is responsible, and sir, you cannot legislate evil away. Approach the issue from a logical perspective and legislate accordingly. Do NOT, as some corrupt politicians have, attempt to exploit emotion in order to compromise our rights. Do NOT allow more gun control. Honor your Oath of Office to protect our Constitution. Make NO compromises.

Cives Arma Ferant,

Re: Last Chance before Friday: PLEASE HELP US!

One last push, for you Rock. I haven't called on the telephone yet... I'll call them Thursday morning...

Good night. And good luck!
    Rock and Glock and wmhawth like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

On it.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Doing everything I can to help you guys out.

I'll do it again for my fellow gun owners in CO. After all we have to stick together!
    wmhawth and Rock and Glock like this.

Done, but the people of Colorado voted these people in and now you need to vote them out. It is that simple.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Quote Originally Posted by txron View Post
    Done, but the people of Colorado voted these people in and now you need to vote them out. It is that simple.
    Yes, the "people" of Colorado voted these people in. Lets take a look at who they are:

• Unemployment Rate as of June 2011 - 8.5%, which is below the U.S. unemployment rate and ranks 22nd among states.
    • Foreclosure Rates as of June 2011 - 1 in 497 homes, the nation's 10th highest state foreclosure rate for homes and higher than the national foreclosures rate per housing units of 1 of 583.
    • State Residents Living Below Poverty-Level Income - 11.4%, which is ranked #32 among states
    • Hispanic Population - 20.7% of Colorado residents are of Hispanic origin, the nation's 7th highest state Hispanic population percentage. Colorado trails five other western states and Florida.
    • Senior Citizen Population - 10.9% of Colorado's total population, a very low level that ranks 46th among states.
    • Women as a Percentage of Colorado's Population - 49.9%, which is 42nd in the nation, tied with Idaho and Hawaii.
    • African-American Population - 4% of Colorado's resident population, ranking 33rd among states, tied with Alaska, Arizona and Washington.
    • Labor Union Membership - Colorado does not rank among the Top 20 Labor Union States, and boasts less than 200,000 labor union members.

Nothing truly remarkable here so why has Colorado become a liberal mecca? Its the migration of liberals into Denver and Boulder and this will continue as taxes, social issues, etc., in other states (CA for example) draw them here. To expect the people who voted them in to change course is perhaps an unrealistic expectation.

I suspect that regardless of the gun "laws" passed there will be those who will choose to become criminals meaning not comply with them. This is also "voting" in some sense.

Austin is liberal as are other areas and there influence is growing. Someday true Texans may wonder what the hell happened.

All this to say that many times solutions are not "that simple".
    "The only thing I'm an expert about is my experience."

Emails sent to the list above.

Phone calls to the numbers provided will occur at ~2:00pm CDT today...

Best of luck, Rock!
    wmhawth and Rock and Glock like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Olduser View Post
    Yes, the "people" of Colorado voted these people in. Lets take a look at who they are:

• Unemployment Rate as of June 2011 - 8.5%, which is below the U.S. unemployment rate and ranks 22nd among states.
    • Foreclosure Rates as of June 2011 - 1 in 497 homes, the nation's 10th highest state foreclosure rate for homes and higher than the national foreclosures rate per housing units of 1 of 583.
    • State Residents Living Below Poverty-Level Income - 11.4%, which is ranked #32 among states
    • Hispanic Population - 20.7% of Colorado residents are of Hispanic origin, the nation's 7th highest state Hispanic population percentage. Colorado trails five other western states and Florida.
    • Senior Citizen Population - 10.9% of Colorado's total population, a very low level that ranks 46th among states.
    • Women as a Percentage of Colorado's Population - 49.9%, which is 42nd in the nation, tied with Idaho and Hawaii.
    • African-American Population - 4% of Colorado's resident population, ranking 33rd among states, tied with Alaska, Arizona and Washington.
    • Labor Union Membership - Colorado does not rank among the Top 20 Labor Union States, and boasts less than 200,000 labor union members.

Nothing truly remarkable here so why has Colorado become a liberal mecca? Its the migration of liberals into Denver and Boulder and this will continue as taxes, social issues, etc., in other states (CA for example) draw them here. To expect the people who voted them in to change course is perhaps an unrealistic expectation.

I suspect that regardless of the gun "laws" passed there will be those who will choose to become criminals meaning not comply with them. This is also "voting" in some sense.

Austin is liberal as are other areas and there influence is growing. Someday true Texans may wonder what the hell happened.

All this to say that many times solutions are not "that simple".

Being correct doesn't make it right.
    Olduser and Rock and Glock like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Done. I have been waiting to see if I will not renew my annual non resident fishing license for the first time in years based upon these bills. With extra rod stamp. that's a good $80 or so. I am sure I spend hundreds after fishing gear and other related stuff is purchased while there each year and that's not even counting food and other things.
    Many people don't realize how much of the funds for preserving the mountains and forests comes from fishing and hunting permits...

"Hug an angler"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6V5ZY8ob4E
    "Hug a hunter"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5wABioHZyw

An original add was changed for reasons many of us here will understand but it still cracked me up.... It had the guy riding the bike and when he spotted the angler he ran full speed down the mountain screaming "an angler an angler!" and hugging him way different than how the hunter and angle are approached in the video's above. I'm sure they changed it slightly after many said if someone came running at them yelling like that they would "defend themselves" in ways. The point is that people should know how much revenue comes from hunting and fishing... Maybe sending these video to the legislatures above will help them understands how it will effect the state.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Being correct doesn't make it right.
    Agreed.
    "The only thing I'm an expert about is my experience."

Re: Last Chance before Friday: PLEASE HELP US!

sorry rock I tried your representatives are not accepting phone calls from out of state
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I sent an email or 20 member family gatherings would not be held in CO with stupid laws.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links