Gun Rights Bingo
This is a discussion on Gun Rights Bingo within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We've had a few threads on the subject of dealing with the antis and how to respond to their talking points. This link is to ...
Post By oakchas
March 7th, 2013 05:29 AM
Gun Rights Bingo
We've had a few threads on the subject of dealing with the antis and how to respond to their talking points. This link is to a DailyKos thread titled Let's Play Bingo. I would like to request that everyone please take a look at it and if you do please, be sure to read the comments. One might ask why you should bother going to a Progressive site. The answer is twofold. One, the post contains about 50 or so valid arguments for gun rights that are worth making note of. The second is to appreciate a superb work of satire in that the anti's are claiming that the gun rights people keep saying the same stupid things, while giving a laundry list of valid reasons.
March 7th, 2013 05:29 AM
March 7th, 2013 07:22 AM
Things like this expose the special kind of ignorant perspective of the people we are dealing with.
Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.
Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.
March 7th, 2013 09:21 AM
March 7th, 2013 10:11 AM
I like the FBI Statistics; You are more likely to be killed by a hammer, hands & fist, or struck by lightning then be killed by any kind of rifle.
March 7th, 2013 11:57 AM
Help me fill out theirs:
Just like theirs, center square is free... They will ALWAYS use that one!
Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
"You are elected to service, not power.
Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
March 7th, 2013 12:21 PM
Right off the top of my head I can think of several more:
- All gun owners are responsible until their not
- registration and insurance are required for cars
- You should bear the costs to society for your hobby
- That's just an NRA talking point
- That's a straw man or ad hominem argument
- Why is it not a serious felony to accidentally discharge a firearm
- Why is it not a serious felony to have your firearms stolen and end up in the wrong hands
- The ones who fight to bear arms, fight even harder NOT to keep arms. The gun owner is the only one who can control his gun.
- i really, seriously don't think the grenades, semiautomatics, clips, magazines are required for self protection.
- Our kids grow up to believe guns are a solution
- congress and their NRA backers banned the CDC from considering firearms as a public health issue
- the nra control of the narrative is over.
- the polls show 2-1 support even for an assault weapons ban, nationally, with majority support even in states like maine and new hampshire and north carolina and pennsylvania and michigan and colorado and oregon, which have large numbers of gun owners. and enormous support for universal background checks, everywhere.
- 2A absolutists, we, the majority of Americans, will not have any more of your "rights" insofar as they compromise the very lives of our children and ourselves, in schools, churches, playgrounds, et cetera
The latter came from various comments here: Daily Kos: Pardon me, you have your freedom in my responsibility where there are plenty more to choose from.
March 7th, 2013 12:26 PM
Majority of public mass shooting in the U.S. has occurred in a place
where civilians are banned from carrying firearms.
Sounds like the gun free zones should be abolished.
“A few elitists shouldn't rule the many. ”
Better to have a 380 in your pocket than a 45 at HOME.
When seconds count, police are minutes away.
March 7th, 2013 01:03 PM
Most certainly. I absolutely 100% concur with that assessment. By your response I am sensing that you may have missed the point to my OP. Now that I think about it, unless you've been following the antis in their lair, the change in their behavior might not be completely apparent. The purpose of the post was to both provide a comic view of the antis reaction to having effectively lost the gun restrictions debate/push and second to show that despite how much they may deny it, they have actually paid attention to the truth. The problem for them is that the only thing they can do is to mock it. As Neal Boortz (even though I can't stand him) says, you shall know the truth and it shall make you mad.
Originally Posted by Bullet1234
Some of these people have gotten so angry, including at me, that they have been following me to other forums like this one to try to find dirt to sling at me.
March 7th, 2013 02:41 PM
"make yourself vomit or urinate on yourself"
Originally Posted by oakchas
"statistically a gun would not have helped you"
"Your resistance will only escalate the situation"
"Your gun is more likely to be used against you"
March 8th, 2013 02:39 PM
The thing is, anti-gunners just don't think like pro-gunners. I've studied these people when they talk. There thought processes are bizarre and incongruent with my thought processes. Even when I get where they are coming from, I still don't get how they got where they are.
"Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18
Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
Paramedics With Guns Scare People!
March 8th, 2013 03:04 PM
Let us NEVER forget...."That's what the police are for."