First bill through Senate Judiciary.

This is a discussion on First bill through Senate Judiciary. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Straw purchase penalties increased. Looks like Feinstein's bill won't go. Boxer's bill for enhancing school security? Story here: http://m.apnews.mobi/ap/db_6776/cont...tguid=gotYPIuJ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 3 Post By Crowman
  • 2 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By paramedic70002
  • 1 Post By SmokinFool

Thread: First bill through Senate Judiciary.

First bill through Senate Judiciary.

Straw purchase penalties increased.

Looks like Feinstein's bill won't go.

Boxer's bill for enhancing school security?

Story here: http://m.apnews.mobi/ap/db_6776/cont...tguid=gotYPIuJ
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Re: First bill through Senate Judiciary.

But, the AWB won't be voted on til Tuesday. Send emails to Grassley and others.

Watch the trafficking legislation too. I can't tell if it's part of the straw purchase penalty increase from the article.

No UBCs!

Call, email, tweet, whatever... Just try to stop it in the committee.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Here's a link that shows all the members of the Senate Judiciary Committee. We need to be contacting them right away.

Committee Members

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    Here's a link that shows all the members of the Senate Judiciary Committee. We need to be contacting them right away.

Committee Members
    That is one of the most "loaded" committees there is , related to being antigun. It will take converting 2 of the Dem's voting against it to stop it all together. I think it passes out of committee if it's a tie. Unlikely in the Senate, and the composition of that committee. However in the general Senate, there are Dem's who are hesitating about voting for many of these bills, and time spent encouraging them to vote against them would be time well spent.

However, the HOUSE .... a whole different matter, since the Dem's aren't in control of the House.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Looks like Feinstein's bill won't go.
    Do not count the "assault weapon" ban out until it is out...........
    noway2, Mjr_Fail and soonershoote like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Do not count the "assault weapon" ban out until it is out...........
    And even then, there are no guarantees. The 1994 AWB got through, and in 2013 we've got a resurrected, new-and-improved version being pushed down citizens' throats. Never say never, and never say it so long as liberty-haters are within 1000yds of our liberties and halls of power.
    phreddy and soonershoote like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    And even then, there are no guarantees. The 1994 AWB got through, and in 2013 we've got a resurrected, new-and-improved version being pushed down citizens' throats. Never say never, and never say it so long as liberty-haters are within 1000yds of our liberties and halls of power.
    And even if it's out, now... It will be resurrected every year. and watch out if the antis get control of both houses and the presidency in 2016... It's never really out. EVER.
    soonershoote likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    So far progress on "gun control" has been largely symbolic. The one Bill with potential, is a paper tiger for lawful gun owners. The majority of legislators recognize the reality based futility or politically suicidal implications of significant Bills.

But one day we will run out of paper tigers and the potential for actual significant curtailments will rise sharply, especially after the next 5 or 10 massacres. The time is now to shore up support for gun rights, and to promote reversing the pendulum that shows guns and gun owners in the best light possible. Perhaps a renewed and invigorated "I'm the NRA" style ad campaign.

Sadly, unless a real solution is found before the active shooter fad fizzles, I can foresee an unstoppable avalanche of destiny, and the 2A substantively and permanently going the way of the Canadian model.
    oakchas likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post

Committee Members
    Thanks for the link.

I doubt any amount of writing to them will swing their votes though. You need to back it up with lots of cash. Sadly, that seems to be how Washington works. Lobbying (aka "bribary") is more important than representing the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    Thanks for the link.

I doubt any amount of writing to them will swing their votes though. You need to back it up with lots of cash. Sadly, that seems to be how Washington works. Lobbying (aka "bribary") is more important than representing the people.
    Lobbying certainly helps, but the main reason most of these bills will be defeated is that the politicians have seen a huge tide of opposition from the citizens of this country and they know their jobs are on the line. We need to keep the pressure on. If an anti gun bill makes it into law, are you going to say to yourself "Well, at least I know I didn't fight it?" Is that what you're saying? I certainly hope not. We absolutely can not afford to give up just because the odds of keeping a bill from moving out of committee are not good. We need to fight this at every step possible.
    oakchas likes this.

Oh I'm certainly not advocating doing nothing, hence my gratitude for the link. I'm just saying that it's sad that unless you back up your words with cash, they'll likely fall on deaf ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    Oh I'm certainly not advocating doing nothing, hence my gratitude for the link. I'm just saying that it's sad that unless you back up your words with cash, they'll likely fall on deaf ears.
    It is sad and offensive in the extreme that we've allowed ourselves to be reduced to bribery in order for our paid hirelings to listen to us. That's a situation unworthy of citizenship, and unworthy of our country. Sworn oaths and honor mean nothing to most of these people, who are willing to trade protected liberties away like it was nothing ... instead of the blood-stained pillar of achievement it represents to every citizen. Quite simply, we're willing allowing our citizenship to be traded away.

Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links