Some GOOD news out of Colorado:

This is a discussion on Some GOOD news out of Colorado: within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thanks to Luv_Jeeps who posted this elsewhere with no link... Campus carry ban Killed by sponsor...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Some GOOD news out of Colorado:

Thanks to Luv_Jeeps who posted this elsewhere with no link...

Campus carry ban Killed by sponsor
    Last edited by oakchas; March 8th, 2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Change title
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    As a community it is tiring to constantly be on the defense of our rights, and I fear we will never reach a point in time where we are just left alone. Everybody keep up the good fight...it's worth it.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Good news. Were there any other parts? I emailed all of the people Rock and Glock put up letting them know I would never again contribute to CO's economy if any of that garbage passed.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

That is good.I was watching a debate,not long ago,i can't remember where it was.I do remember some pro gun moron saying they call boxes and whistles,on campus.I thought to myself,this man is a bleeping so and so.I could never have a civilized conversation with him about that.

Quote Originally Posted by gregnsc View Post
    That is good.I was watching a debate,not long ago,i can't remember where it was.I do remember some pro gun moron saying they call boxes and whistles,on campus.I thought to myself,this man is a bleeping so and so.I could never have a civilized conversation with him about that.
    And "safe zones." Don't forget about the "safe zones" where after you call or blow your whistle, you just hop across that line and they can't touch you.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    As a community it is tiring to constantly be on the defense of our rights, and I fear we will never reach a point in time where we are just left alone. Everybody keep up the good fight...it's worth it.
    We we always be in the defense of our rights. ALL OF OUR RIGHTS. Someone will always be out there wanting to take them away from us. History has shown this over and over.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Nice to see that are voices have been heard
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Gerry
    Ft Collins

You can watch live coverage of the Colorado Senate gun debate here.

"The only thing I'm an expert about is my experience."

C'mon Colorado!!!!
    ἐν τούτῳ νίκα - In hoc signo vinces

Confidence- thrives on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection and on unselfish performance. Without them it cannot live.-FDR

Unfortunately I still think you guys are going to get hosed!

We are... 3 have now passed.

I forget what ones have passed already?

Perhaps he looked at the Denver Post poll and saw that 84% of the respondents were against it.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

These bills have passed.

Senate Bill 197, which would require courts to order anyone subject to a domestic violence protection order or convicted of domestic violence to relinquish their guns within 24 hours. A judge could extend that to 72 hours.

Senate Bill 195, would require people seeking concealed carry permits to take gun training courses in person. People can currently take online courses.

HB 1229, requires a background check to be conducted by a licensed firearms dealer before any sale or transfer of a firearm. “Transfer” includes lending a firearm to a friend or family member on a temporary basis.

Yep your hosed!!! Guess I will do whatever I can to stay out of that state! I also hope that Magpul leaves the state and makes these legislators pay dearly! Sorry for the people who would lose their jobs though. Maybe they will get a bit of a bonus to get paid to go with the company. Would be really cool of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links