Green "Army Man" Cup Cakes Rejected at School

Green "Army Man" Cup Cakes Rejected at School

This is a discussion on Green "Army Man" Cup Cakes Rejected at School within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; School Confiscates Cupcakes Decorated with Toy Soldiers | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: Green "Army Man" Cup Cakes Rejected at School

Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Some of thoes evil green rifles....

Were they "assault little green men"?
    atctimmy likes this.
    "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself"

Wow. How sad. Do these teachers have any idea how iconic the army man toys are? Not to mention, what an amazing opportunity for a teacher to talk about the real soldiers they're based on. Or what a fun opportunity to share if they were among the many who parachuted them from treehouses and melted them with magnifying glasses?!
    NRA Life Member

I am not a person to ruin it for everybody but if I were.......... I would tell the principal that if they stand by this statement:
    “These are toys that were commonplace in the past,” she wrote. “However, some parents prohibit all guns as toys. In light of that difference, the school offered to replace the soldiers with another item and the soldiers were returned home with the student.”
    Then I would write a letter saying that we are offended by such and such. Give her a list of every thing possible including colors so that the only thing kids could bring for a party would be fresh spring water in bidgradeable containers.
    84160, StevePVB, kb2wji and 5 others like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

This is what happens when we don't stand up for our rights...
    dukalmighty and soonershoote like this.
    "The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
    - Thomas Jefferson
    Gerry
    Ft Collins

Just when you thought political correctness could not get any dumber....

Gotta tell you, this kind of thing for a writer is like the guaranteed employment act. It's not because we don't stand up for our rights, it's because we have allowed cretins like this to become part of our education system.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post
    Just when you thought political correctness could not get any dumber....

Gotta tell you, this kind of thing for a writer is like the guaranteed employment act. It's not because we don't stand up for our rights, it's because we have allowed cretins like this to become part of our education system.
    Just like comedians don't need to make up material anymore. In fact, all they have to do is read folks the news to get a chuckle
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Senior Moderator
    And people wonder why I am losing hope in our future?

I wonder if the same parents don't watch TV shows that have guns in them?

I wonder if I were offended by women wearing pants they would make all of the women and the girls in the school wear dresses?
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

“Living in a democratic society entails respect for opposing opinions,” she stated. “In the climate of recent events in schools we walk a delicate balance in teaching non-violence in our buildings and trying to ensure a safe, peaceful atmosphere.”
    Just so long as it doesn't reduce everyone to the Lowest Common Denominator, I'm fine with respecting others' legitimate opinions. But LCD simply isn't an opinion I think worthy of teaching our kids, nor requiring of our citizens.
    mulle46 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    And people wonder why I am losing hope in our future?

I wonder if the same parents don't watch TV shows that have guns in them?

I wonder if I were offended by women wearing pants they would make all of the women and the girls in the school wear dresses?
    Then what happens if I write a letter stating I am offended by women wearing dresses. This is the direction we are heading -- everyone wants you to tolerate their intolerance.
    pgrass101 and msgt/ret like this.

Hmph... now soldiers are bad...

If your dad is in the military, best not bring him to show and tell, they'll put him in a baggie and send him home in your backpack.
    mprp, sauerpuss, DVido and 2 others like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I am just wondering how they got their son into school!
    With a first name of HUNTER!
    I can only imagine the shorts and panties in a bunch when they saw the students name!
    It is time to go back to good old American values and kick the pantywaists out of our lives, and start living again.
    Seems like the spare the rod axiom will never be understood again. Too bad!
    Just my two cents worth from almost dry Lebanon, Oregon! Stay safe everyone!
    mano3, JDE101, GoPackman and 1 others like this.

Once again, I'm going to use our 1st Amendment Right to speak my mind to the Principal and the School Board (just as those parents who prohibit all guns as toys, and make their views known to the school) about my opinion about this. I've also sent several variations of the following to my friends who are Second Amendment supporters, encouraging them to communicate with the School Board as well.

-----------------
    Just when I thought political correctness could not get any more asinine....

Principal Susan Wright's comments concerning her recent decision banning cupcakes with toy solidiers on them would be ludicrous if it weren't so disturbing.

"Living in a democratic society entails respect for opposing opinions,” she said, and yet she doesn't respect the opinion that theses plastic figures are representations of World War Two soldiers – our greatest generation, the generation that fought and died so that, in this country, we would continue to have the right to free speech, which is basically what she is banning. What kind of respect for opposing opinion is that? As someone who are supposed to be educators, you agree with that?

If you do, you are obviously people who do not actually care that education involves differences of opinion and reasoned debate, but instead feel that your function is to follow whatever happens to be politically correct...which makes her and you, bureaucrats, rather than educators.

She mentions "trying to ensure a safe, peaceful atmosphere.”, but what you are really doing is living in a fantasy world where violence can certainly happen but must NOT be discussed.

You should be ashamed of yourself for supporting Principal Wright and her decision.

Quote Originally Posted by StevePVB View Post
    Then what happens if I write a letter stating I am offended by women wearing dresses. This is the direction we are heading -- everyone wants you to tolerate their intolerance.

When I was growing up, there was a fairly popular word in our family: cope. As in, learn to cope, to deal with it, to come to appreciate the value and importance of tolerance and tolerating diverse ways of going about things. Instead, we're promoting intolerance under the guise of "accommodating" opinions, as if all opinions are of equal value (ie, claiming being intolerant holds more weight than learning to cope).

Johnny got a bruise ... so, deny him the football or being on the team? Hell, no! Let 'er rip, allowing him to tolerate the occasional bumps and bruises are part of putting your butt on the line in any challenging activity and any engagement with others in any aspect of life. Can't be learning when we don't make those mistakes, run up against opposing values, appreciate the value of coping.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links