The Put Up or Shut Up Argument in Gun Control

The Put Up or Shut Up Argument in Gun Control

This is a discussion on The Put Up or Shut Up Argument in Gun Control within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "Hunters have been quietly donating tons of meat to organizations that feed the hungry for an unspoken number of years. Groups like Hunters Harvest and ...

Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree13Likes
  • 4 Post By pipedream
  • 2 Post By zacii
  • 3 Post By peckman28
  • 3 Post By atctimmy
  • 1 Post By J.Thompson

Thread: The Put Up or Shut Up Argument in Gun Control

  1. #1
    VIP Member Array pipedream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,435

    The Put Up or Shut Up Argument in Gun Control

    "Hunters have been quietly donating tons of meat to organizations that feed the hungry for an unspoken number of years. Groups like Hunters Harvest and Hunters for Hungry have been gathering meat donations from hunters via local processing plants. In one year 2011 -2012, 99 meat processors working with Hunters for Hungry provided 152,962 pounds of meat to agencies that feed the hungry."

    The Put Up or Shut Up Argument in Gun Control | TheBlaze.com

    "When the anti-gun people do for the less fortunate as much as the gun owning hunters do then they may earn the right to be vocal and be seen as having a bit of validity in their arguments."
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.


  2. #2
    Member Array ashamans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hays, Kansas
    Posts
    339
    guns save lives is better, that story just says 2a is just about hunting
    Guns don't kill people, Guns save Lives.

    If you want peace, prepare for war

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array zacii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    3,814
    That's nice and everything, but hunting has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment and the infringement thereof.
    msgt/ret and bigsky109 like this.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

    "A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

  4. #4
    VIP Member Array peckman28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,108
    I believe the author is going more for, who really has the moral high ground here? I didn't get the impression he thought the 2A was about hunting, more that gun owners are more responsible citizens who actually contribute than a lot of their statist opponents are.
    atctimmy, pipedream and sdprof like this.

  5. #5
    VIP Member Array pipedream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    I believe the author is going more for, who really has the moral high ground here? I didn't get the impression he thought the 2A was about hunting, more that gun owners are more responsible citizens who actually contribute than a lot of their statist opponents are.
    That was what I took from the article and was surprised to get the negative responses. Anything positive about firearms is a good story.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

  6. #6
    VIP Member
    Array PEF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,090
    Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    That was what I took from the article and was surprised to get the negative responses. Anything positive about firearms is a good story.
    That was my take. The last two paragraphs of the article spelled it out.

  7. #7
    VIP Member Array oakchas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    7,568

    Re: The Put Up or Shut Up Argument in Gun Control

    Generally speaking, conservatives tend to donate more than liberals to non-profit organizations that feed and clothe, and build housing for the less fortunate.

    I used to have a link to the figures.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

  8. #8
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    6,008
    No scentific basis for the authors statements. The article has nothing to do with 2A. The author is trying to say that hunters live on a higher moral plane their anti's...which I disagree with. Why doesn't he just say hunters do a good thing and leave it at that.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

    Isaiah 6:8

  9. #9
    VIP Member
    Array atctimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Gastonville
    Posts
    6,758
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    No scentific basis for the authors statements. The article has nothing to do with 2A. The author is trying to say that hunters live on a higher moral plane their anti's...which I disagree with. Why doesn't he just say hunters do a good thing and leave it at that.
    Because antis are the spawn from the pit of hell? It may not actually be fact but it seems reasonable to me.
    gasmitty, WHEC724 and Ghost1958 like this.
    I haven’t heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Array palmgopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    tennessee
    Posts
    722
    I have heard of some anti's getting the health department involved and got over a ton of meat thrown in a dumpster and covered in bleach! It was all meat donated by hunters and processed commercially. They said there were health concerns. The homeless had been eating the donated meat for years!!! Never one problem. It was a travesty and they should have been ashamed of themselves for destroying meat donated legally.

  11. #11
    VIP Member
    Array ctr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley in Virginia
    Posts
    2,576
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Because antis are the spawn from the pit of hell? It may not actually be fact but it seems reasonable to me.
    I disagree sir. Your theory implies a level of intelligence not found in a single cell organism. Antis are incapable of thought.

  12. #12
    Member Array J.Thompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Des Moines, IA
    Posts
    124
    Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    I disagree sir. Your theory implies a level of intelligence not found in a single cell organism. Antis are incapable of thought.
    Please, let's not insult the amoebas by comparing them with the anti crowd. Antis are absolutely capable of thought. They THINK gun owners are evil, dangerous people who are a threat to society at large. They THINK cosmetic furniture makes a rifle more dangerous, especially if it's black. They THINK it's legal to hunt humans. They THINK by banning guns the criminals will be magically deterred from committing violent crimes. They THINK it's a far better idea to piss or vomit on your attacker. They THINK "assault rifles" are capable of shooting down aircraft. The lunacy doesn't seem to have an end and I could do this all day. They think, even if their thoughts are beyond irrational.
    atctimmy likes this.
    I came into this world kicking and screaming, covered in someone else's blood; I'm fully prepared to go out the same way.

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

fun way to shut up anti gun people

,

how to shut down gun control arguments

Click on a term to search for related topics.