Update March 9: Colorado Call for Help!

Update March 9: Colorado Call for Help!

This is a discussion on Update March 9: Colorado Call for Help! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We have one last shot to stop these Bills in the Senate, and I am begging all of you to please take a few minutes ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 3 Post By SmokinFool
  • 2 Post By ElkSniper
  • 1 Post By Cokeman

Thread: Update March 9: Colorado Call for Help!

Exclamation Update March 9: Colorado Call for Help!

We have one last shot to stop these Bills in the Senate, and I am begging all of you to please take a few minutes and send the Legislators letters:

Dear Richard

Give yourself a pat on the back. After over twelve hours of debate yesterday, the senate killed House Bill 1226, which would have banned concealed carry on college campuses, and Senate Bill 196, which would have held firearms manufacturers liable for damages caused by people using their products. We couldn't have defeated these bills without the actions of thousands of Second Amendment supporters who called and e-mailed their representatives, attended townhall meetings, and came to the capitol in droves to testify on the bills and oppose the gun grabbers.

The fight's not over yet, though. House Bills 1224, 1228, and 1229 and Senate Bills 195 and 197 passed and will be heard by the Senate once again on Monday. We still have a chance to stop these bills. Yesterday, we packed the senate gallery with Second Amendment supporters, forcing senators to face the people of Colorado before voting. I hope you can make it to the capitol Monday to watch the final vote.

Monday is our last best chance to stop the gun control bills. Call or e-mail your legislators immediately and tell them to vote "no." You can find your local legislators here: Project Vote Smart - The Voter's Self Defense System. Your legislators’ contact information can be found at Colorado General Assembly for the House and Colorado General Assembly for the Senate. Please be polite and voice your opinions succinctly. Also, be sure to remind your legislators that their vote on these bills could determine whether they are reelected in 2014.

HB 1224, which would ban "high capacity" magazines, passed second readings by only one vote; if we can convince one more Democrat to vote against the bill, it will die. Below is a list of Democrat legislators the Denver Post has said might be persuaded to vote “no”:

Angela Giron
    303-866-4878
    angela.giron.senate@state.co.us

Cheri Jahn
    303-866-4856
    cheri.jahn.senate@state.co.us

Andy Kerr
    303-866-4859
    andy.kerr.senate@state.co.us

Gail Schwartz
    303-866-4871
    gail.schwartz.senate@state.co.us

Linda Newell
    303-866-4846
    linda.newell.senate@gmail.com

Please get ahold of these senators and tell them you do not support these bills and will not support any politician who votes for them.

Your activism made it possible for I and my Republican colleagues to shoot down HB 1226 and SB 196. We can't stop now. Your senators were elected to represent the people of Colorado. Let's hold them to their oaths.

Sincerely,
    Senator Greg Brophy

If you can draft a short letter AGAINST the Bills, passionate yet polite, we have one final shot!

IFF you're out of state, promise to spend your dollars elsewhere!

I know ya'll are tired of this (I am exhausted personally) but please give me one last effort.

!! Thank you !!
    wmhawth likes this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

I'm pretty sure I have at least one last email and phone campaign left in me for CO. I will become better known in CO than most of the residents!

I contacted these Senators (again), and a few more too (like my local one) (again).

Everyone else please do the same, especially if you are from Colorado.

This time, I also wrote to all of the republican senators that are voting with us, and thanked them and encouraged them to keep up the good work.

Repost all their addresses for us and we'll email the same ones.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Angela Giron
    303-866-4878
    angela.giron.senate@state.co.us

Cheri Jahn
    303-866-4856
    cheri.jahn.senate@state.co.us

Andy Kerr
    303-866-4859
    andy.kerr.senate@state.co.us

Gail Schwartz
    303-866-4871
    gail.schwartz.senate@state.co.us

Linda Newell
    303-866-4846
    linda.newell.senate@gmail.com

These are the ones we need.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

These are the repubs or the dems?
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

OK. Got them again.
    MountainAir likes this.
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Thanks, all for your help & letters/calls/emails!

Sponsored Links