Gabby Giffords Husband Buys AR 15 1911

This is a discussion on Gabby Giffords Husband Buys AR 15 1911 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; High capacity magazines! http://sm.responsebeacon.com/track?t...nd-buys-ar-15/...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Gabby Giffords Husband Buys AR 15 1911

recently purchased an AR-15 (an “assault weapon,” he called it) — which he now says he intended as an illustration of the need for more stringent gun laws.
    Suuuuure, he did.

As if he actually believes he's an absolute threat to others, merely because he's capable of acquiring a .223 rifle.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

This is beyond words...
    surefire7 likes this.

RKM
    So he went and bought legal firearms, LEGALLY, as he is a law abiding citizen, to prove that it's easy for GOOD people to buy LEGAL guns. AWESOME demonstration. This proved nothing, other then how they way things SHOULD be.

Now if he was a convicted murder, or escaped inmate, and bought guns "legally" from an FFL and was successful, this may have shown a flaw in the current system, but that's pretty much not possible. If that was the case, this would be a much more impacting story.

I'm 99% sure that he bought these guns because he truly wanted them for his own use and safety, which is fantastic. But, then came up with this BS story as to not look like a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by RKM View Post
    Now if he was a convicted murder, or escaped inmate, this may be a different story.
    Perhaps that's what he's really saying: that he's a criminal not otherwise in the NICS system who's unworthy, yet he just proved any fool/criminal could waltz into a corner gun store and pick up anything he wants. Hard to follow his thought process here, other than to presume he left it at home. A thought process, that is.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; March 10th, 2013 at 12:48 PM.
    niks likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    I feel sorry for the Giffords, but their Hindenburg just went down.

"Oh, the hypocrisy"
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Mark E. Kelly, gun-control proponent and husband to former Congresswoman Gabby Giffords, recently purchased an AR-15 (an “assault weapon,” he called it)—which he now says he intended as an illustration of the need for more stringent gun laws.
    Yeah....Me too.
    surefire7 likes this.

He claims he hasn't picked up the rifle yet. If I was the gun shop I would refuse to sell it to him as he is obviously crazy. He claims he's gonna pick up the rifle and turn it in to the Tucson PD, like it is a wanted criminal. What an idiot.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Isn't it fun when hypocrites are exposed for what they are? This is right up there with Senator Feinstein receiving the last concealed weapons permit in her county before they stopped issuing them.
    ccw9mm and surefire7 like this.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

"It is madness for sheep to talk peace with a wolf." -- Thomas Fuller

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    I suppose if she'd been hit by a drunk driver instead of being shot, the two of them would have been on a campaign to make it more difficult to buy an auto.
    surefire7 and noway2 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    He claims he hasn't picked up the rifle yet. If I was the gun shop I would refuse to sell it to him as he is obviously crazy. He claims he's gonna pick up the rifle and turn it in to the Tucson PD, like it is a wanted criminal. What an idiot.
    Gotta love that part....
    It's like "I smoked pot, but I didn't inhale..."
    Totally plausible isn't it?
    <Morning coffee shoots out nose... choke>
    Rock and Glock likes this.

He will probably have to give it up, when they come to confiscate it.
    If he is againt the evil black rifle, why does he need one ? two faced. = talk out the left side of mouth, when in the public spotlight...
    speak out the right side, in private.
    Tippical Obama kisser
    Last edited by the6shooter; March 10th, 2013 at 01:47 PM. Reason: repremanded

Hey it can't be that easy to get one. He doesn't have it yet!!!!

Lead Moderator
    That's very sad. I was just getting ready to defend him till I read the story, and the fact that as soon as he gets it, it's getting turned into the police. Most of the press I'd seen just said he (they) were after better background checks, which I understand... I'm all for keeping firearms out of the hands of criminals and folks with some mental health problems. But this blew the bottom out of his whole argument, with no record of any past problems his sale went just as it should have.

It turns out he's a bigger tool than I gave him credit for being!
    Rock and Glock and ANGLICO like this.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

There is a growing double standard with gun rights in the country now. People who are all for restrictions and out right gun bans for the people will get hoping mad if THEIR rights are trampled.

Some of these people are the biggest hypocrites and they need to be exposed. If they want guns restricted or banned, then it should apply to them as well as their "security" personnel.

It's usually after a tragic shooting event that these types jump on the get rid of guns bandwagon. I have often wondered why we did not hear so much out of Sarah Brady about restricting firearms until her husband was shot. It would seem like they should be against them before something like that happens, not after.

I bet they would not want their right to keep and bear arms infringed, just other people.
    Alex_C likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links