Registration In Pop Culture

This is a discussion on Registration In Pop Culture within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Noticed this shortly after I started carrying, and saw it again the other day in The Walking Dead (best show on TV). Rick, a former ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Moops

Thread: Registration In Pop Culture

Noticed this shortly after I started carrying, and saw it again the other day in The Walking Dead (best show on TV). Rick, a former sheriffs deputy in a small town in Georgia goes back to his hometown once the ZA hits to get more guns from the Dept's armory. Finding it picked clean, he says some if the bar and shop owners along the main drag have guns behind the counter. Most people don't know, but he did since he signed the registration permits. In GA.

It occurs to me that the prevalence of these casual mentions of gun registration as routine, normal, and legal in pop culture tends to lull the sheep into thinking registration already exists. I know that before I started thinking about it, it didn't seem farfetched.
    sdprof likes this.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

2. Remove Ads

Re: Registration In Pop Culture

Good point.. If a bit obscure..

I mean, well meaning but horribly misguided educators are indoctrinating our children in schools with their zero tolerance policies regarding guns, picture guns, pastry guns, cloud guns, finger guns, and little green plastic WWII figures with guns.

Is hollywierd in on the conspiracy? Frankly, I don't think they're intelligent enough to know what a conspiracy is.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Seems like common sense that bar owners would have a shotgun stashed somewhere. Why anyone would require knowledge of registered firearms to come to that conclusion is beyond me...

Good call. But I believe this is nothing more than a writer attempting to 'explain' how one of his characters could know this and still make it plausible in the script. The creator of the WD comic book series is from a small town here in KY not far from me. And I'm a big fan of the show.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

I saw that last week too. Breaking Bad and Mad Men are in between seasons, but they're still on tv, and they're better. Breaking Bad is possibly the best show ever.

VIP Member
    I believe most sheep think there already is, there are tons of shows and movies that say that.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by Moops View Post
    Noticed this shortly after I started carrying, and saw it again the other day in The Walking Dead (best show on TV). Rick, a former sheriffs deputy in a small town in Georgia goes back to his hometown once the ZA hits to get more guns from the Dept's armory. Finding it picked clean, he says some if the bar and shop owners along the main drag have guns behind the counter. Most people don't know, but he did since he signed the registration permits. In GA.

It occurs to me that the prevalence of these casual mentions of gun registration as routine, normal, and legal in pop culture tends to lull the sheep into thinking registration already exists. I know that before I started thinking about it, it didn't seem farfetched.
    I had pretty much the same thought when I heard him say that in that episode.

It is not the first time I've heard something like that on a TV show or a movie.

Part of me thinks it is due to uninformed writers (my personal favorite happened on a soap my wife watches...it was a hostel takeover of an individuals privately owned company).
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

What else can you expect, in every CSI type show, the gun owner is identified within 20 min (or 2 commercial breaks), so obviously there are records showing the owner of every gun in the U.S.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    What else can you expect, in every CSI type show, the gun owner is identified within 20 min (or 2 commercial breaks), so obviously there are records showing the owner of every gun in the U.S.
    You hear that all the time on TV, "the gun was registered to ________."
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Good point.. If a bit obscure..

I mean, well meaning but horribly misguided educators are indoctrinating our children in schools with their zero tolerance policies regarding guns, picture guns, pastry guns, cloud guns, finger guns, and little green plastic WWII figures with guns.

Is hollywierd in on the conspiracy? Frankly, I don't think they're intelligent enough to know what a conspiracy is.
    I do think so and sure as hell think they're intelligent enough to know what a conspiracy is. Hollywood = $$$$ = power. They've been cramming BS and other peoples agendas down our throats for how long now?
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Exactly my point. Numb the sheep,to the idea that every govt agency has ready access to info on all the guns legally owned.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

VIP Member
    I took it as filler for a plot hole. It's a common writing technique.

Links