Eric Holder is concerned some financial institutions are "too big to jail"...

This is a discussion on Eric Holder is concerned some financial institutions are "too big to jail"... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Att'ny Gen Eric Holder is concerned some financial institutions are "too big to jail"...so that if the government needs to charge a top level exec ...

Thread: Eric Holder is concerned some financial institutions are "too big to jail"...

Eric Holder is concerned some financial institutions are "too big to jail"...

Att'ny Gen Eric Holder is concerned some financial institutions are "too big to jail"...so that if the government needs to charge a top level exec for fiscal wrongdoing, he gets pressure (Now, who would that pressure come from? hmmm?) not to do that since it might adversely affect world markets...so that means that if we want to break any new gun control laws that get passed, we just need to be a top level exec for a financial institution.

Why not...the financial institutions seem to be able to get away with anything else.

The shocking Holder statement you missed | Watch XFINITY Videos Online | News | Comcast

So, who's up for becoming board member of the "National Second Amendment Bank"?

2. Remove Ads

I'd gladly take on such a title.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Since there's been wealth, there have been folks deemed "too big" to hold accountable. It is what it is.

As is malfeasance, breach of sworn oath of office and all the rest.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar

Re: Eric Holder is concerned some financial institutions are "too big to jail"...

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Since there's been wealth, there have been folks deemed "too big" to hold accountable. It is what it is.

As is malfeasance, breach of sworn oath of office and all the rest.
    Then I should continue my Egalitarian exudence masquerading as some degenerate or popular Libertarian.

Thanks for the inspiration, ccw9mm.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

I watched a little bit of Holder on Cspan during the F&F hearings.I watched him some on a hearing with the drones.It baffles me,that he is in the position he is in.He would be asked a question,that was either yes or no,but it seemed, it was to hard for him to understand.He seems to be doing a lot of backpedaling,or acts like he is lost,smh.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar

Re: Eric Holder is concerned some financial institutions are "too big to jail"...

Quote Originally Posted by gregnsc View Post
    I watched a little bit of Holder on Cspan during the F&F hearings.I watched him some on a hearing with the drones.It baffles me,that he is in the position he is in.He would be asked a question,that was either yes or no,but it seemed, it was to hard for him to understand.He seems to be doing a lot of backpedaling,or acts like he is lost,smh.
    Obfuscation within the boundaries he defines. He is, after all, the Attorney General.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

All the animals are equal, just some are more equal - Animal Farm

Certainly Holder & Obummer are above the law ... just look at Fast & Furious.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

"To big to be allowed to fail" was the reason of choice given for bailing out the car companies and other large corporations. I say it's all BS. Any company that is not performing to the point that it would fail, should be allowed to fail. Any company who is blatantly and continually breaking the law, as with the money laundering at HSBC, should be taken down and the principals involved need to be prosecuted. Would this have a negative effect on our economy? Perhaps. But it needs to be done regardless.

Welcome to the "new and improved" America...............

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I actually agree with the paraphrase, that the institutions are too large to actually reign in or punish effectively. I get a headache if I try to think of a solution. They've had a million geniuses working for decades trying to accumulate institutional power (all through incentives, rarely malice) and now we've got a tiger by the tail.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    I actually agree with the paraphrase, that the institutions are too large to actually reign in or punish effectively. I get a headache if I try to think of a solution. They've had a million geniuses working for decades trying to accumulate institutional power (all through incentives, rarely malice) and now we've got a tiger by the tail.
    Maybe but it is about time the tiger bites back!

I share the sentiment, if not the metaphor ()! But figuring out how is where the headache comes from.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Quote Originally Posted by gregnsc View Post
    Promoted to the Level of Incompetence
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Gerry
    Ft Collins

Quote Originally Posted by 84160 View Post
    Promoted to the Level of Incompetence
    Would that mean he is at Uncle Joe's level now?

Politics. Not within rhe forum/subforum's stated purpose and guidelines, this subforum is for discussion of 2a/gun legislation, therefore, closed.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Links