When will ammo manufacturers follow the gun manufacturers' lead?

This is a discussion on When will ammo manufacturers follow the gun manufacturers' lead? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We're all tired of the diminished ammo supplies at our normal retailers. We all see that many firearm manufacturers are doing what many, but not ...

Thread: When will ammo manufacturers follow the gun manufacturers' lead?

When will ammo manufacturers follow the gun manufacturers' lead?

We're all tired of the diminished ammo supplies at our normal retailers. We all see that many firearm manufacturers are doing what many, but not all of us, consider a good thing and are ceasing sales to LEO's and governmental entities in jurisdictions or states that are intent on restricting the rights of their population. It might be nice if ammo manufacturers did the same thing. Granted, contracts for billions of rounds (or at least a piece of that pie) by DHS and others are very lucrative, but has anyone seen any major ammo manufacturers taking a similar stand as some of the firearm manufacturers? I haven't, but thought I would ask the group.

Cheers!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

2. Remove Ads

My guess is it will never happen. Ammo makers rely too much on government contracts and they would really be hit hard if they were to boycott the Gov't entities.

It will happen when the ammo tax gets so high that you & I buy a lot less & that impacts their bottom line. Then they will get involved.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Quote Originally Posted by SigPapa226 View Post
    It will happen when the ammo tax gets so high that you & I buy a lot less & that impacts their bottom line. Then they will get involved.
    pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by SigPapa226 View Post
    Yep, that might just be what it takes. Sad but true.

VIP Member
    bite the hand that feeds them?
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

At some point the government will have more ammo than it can use for years, and ammo suppliers will lose the government as a customer. Ammo manufacturers can make more money selling to the pulbic than to the government because the government is paying a set contract price for the ammo, it would be in the ammo manufacturers best interest to cut off government now before ammo manufacturers are told that they can no longer sell to the public.

The general consensus that I am hearing is that there are too many guns out there to register and then go confiscate, but an ammo tax will make that a moot issue. An ammo tax would have not much opposition in many ranks of reps that it would likely sail thru. The only thing is that it won't get rid of the deficit. No ammo to shoot, gun won't go bang.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

Eventually it will get unconstitutional when they start to tax it out of the hands of the poor. But for now they will be able to get away with what they want.

Links