Permit to NOT Carry

This is a discussion on Permit to NOT Carry within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; i am a bit tired of all of the governmental efforts to trample on the Second Amendment. So I have come up with a counter-proposal. ...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 7 Post By Badey
  • 2 Post By 1MoreGoodGuy
  • 1 Post By Badey
  • 2 Post By QKShooter
  • 1 Post By Exacto
  • 1 Post By Richard58

Thread: Permit to NOT Carry

Permit to NOT Carry

i am a bit tired of all of the governmental efforts to trample on the Second Amendment. So I have come up with a counter-proposal.

I propose that instead of having to get permits to carry, those who DON'T carry should have to get permits to not carry a gun... Maybe we can require self-defense classes before they are permitted to not carry, and show that they are proficient at unarmed defense.

The permits to not carry will be good for 5 years, and will cost $400.00

You have to have a background check, references, photo ID, have your fingerprints taken, and get 2 passport photos.

The Permit should be "May Issue" if the sheriff, judge, etc., thinks that you will be a danger to your family by not being able to defend them, and if you are denied, you have to carry.

If police see you are not carrying, they can hassle you and ask you why you feel the need to NOT carry a gun

The conservative legislators can make it next to impossible to get a permit to not carry

The media could make people who don't carry look like lunatics, people who are unsafe to be around because they can't protect themselves and others. They can show all the victims of crime, and point out that if only people carried more guns, this kind of stuff wouldn't happen.

What do you think?
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

2. Remove Ads

If it saves just one child it would be worth it.
    PEF and msgt/ret like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

That's a trampling of rights just as surely as kicking the 2A in the teeth is.

But I like the general concept of focusing on where the real problem is, instead of where it isn't.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    That's a trampling of rights just as surely as kicking the 2A in the teeth is.

But I like the general concept of focusing on where the real problem is, instead of where it isn't.
    Yeah, I completely recognize that it is a trampling of rights, but it would just feel kind of nice to stick it to the other guy for a change and see how they like it....

Maybe then they will leave us alone if we leave them alone...
    blitzburgh likes this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Administrator
    I might be willing to trade a couple of rounds of magazine capacity for independent laboratory mandatory drug testing of all members of Congress with all test results made public.
    Badey and StevePVB like this.

Isn't this more suited to "Off Topic and Humor"?

Quote Originally Posted by MJB_17 View Post
    Isn't this more suited to "Off Topic and Humor"?

I was proposing it as legislation, so I thought it would go in the legislation section... made sense to me...

Distinguished Member
    I see in the Constitution where it says we have a right to bear arms, but nothing about having the right to not bear them ...

In fact, since the 2nd Amendment specifically mentions the militia, and since the militia are "all able- bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 13 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States.", it seems we are Constitutional obligation to bear them...

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Are you by any chance related to Bloomberg?
    heatherr855 likes this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

VIP Member
    U already have a permit not to carry, different states have laws on where u can not carry and some states don't recognize other states. Do so and u might be an automatic felon if caught. In NC if u get caught first time without a CHL and concealing its a misdemeanor. Get caught without ur permit and with a concealed pistol and ur in deep.
    heatherr855 likes this.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

The for real anti-gun people will feel as strongly about gun control,as pro- gun people feels about having guns.Trying to do something to change their minds,is about like having a one-legged person in a butt kicking contest.It's not going to work.You still do what you think you can,i guess.

Links