PA Luzerne County 120th HR Dist.(Phyllis Mundy)

This is a discussion on PA Luzerne County 120th HR Dist.(Phyllis Mundy) within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yesterday I spoke by phone with my State Rep. Phyllis Mundy of the 120th District, Luzerne County. My call started off by getting an aide ...

Thread: PA Luzerne County 120th HR Dist.(Phyllis Mundy)

PA Luzerne County 120th HR Dist.(Phyllis Mundy)

Yesterday I spoke by phone with my State Rep. Phyllis Mundy of the 120th District, Luzerne County. My call started off by getting an aide or secretary who I explained I wanted to ask some second amendment questions of Ms. Mundy so that I may make an informed decision on November 7th. She had Ms. Mundy call me back and she did. SHe started off by telling me she only had 10 min. to speak with me because she had a meeting. Interesting enough the phone call we had was at aprox. 4:50pm.

The general content of the conversation was this:
    I had asked Ms. Mundy why the NRA gives her a grade of D and she stated she doesn't recognize grades from such organizations and would rather discuss specific topics or points. I asked her what are her specific beliefs of the second amendment.
    She said that she supports hunters, target shooters and collectors but she is against semi-automatic guns she also said she supports the 1 gun a month. I told her that I am a lawful citizen and I carry a semi auto as a self defense. She really expressed to me that carrying a semi auto for self defense is not necessary and told me I am the only constituent who has ever expressed to her that semi-auto's should not be a banned item. She spoke to me with a tone of voice as if I was a radical and that she knew best. I told her she is not my candidate and she is not very aware of what her constituents wishes are.
    I want everyone in her district to know how she feels and keep it in mind on November 7th that Phyllis Mundy is no friend of gun owners.

Please feel free to pass on any information I have posted here and get the word out.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Good you managed to get across your POV - I doubt many folks bother. I'll bet too she ''assumes'' much of what she seems to think about constituent's views on one a month and semi's etc. All no doubt part of her ''Grade D '' rhetoric

One thing at least - she called back. Oh and - you know of a better use for your vote!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator
    I honestly believe that some of these people do not know that there is a difference between Semi~Automatic & Fully Automatic.
    I think they think a semi-auto firearm is a machine gun because semis are so often called automatics.

From some of the stuff I've seen in print I think you're right QK. I remember once seeing an article condemning private ownership of semi automatic machine guns like AR-15's and AK's.

Geesh, I guess I'd better get a college degree so I can understand that statement and stay clear of the military and Iraq.

Umm, oh yeah, already did my time......
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Links