Too many Laws?

Too many Laws?

This is a discussion on Too many Laws? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone else feel this way? I live in a very gun friendly state. I know where I can carry and where I can not. (legally) ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By oakchas

Thread: Too many Laws?

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar

Too many Laws?

Anyone else feel this way?

I live in a very gun friendly state. I know where I can carry and where I can not. (legally)
    Only recently did I come across an old (law) that prohibits carrying in Speedway Indiana.
    Although no one I know of has ever been arrested and convicted; it is a concern to me.
    Speedway Indiana is where the Indy 500 takes place, for you non-hoosiers. LOL

It seems to me there are so many (too many) laws; municipal ordinances, local, city, state, buildings, parks etc...

If I decide to travel to other states, it seems a daunting task to be aware of (ALL) these variances.

Given the current political climate, I'm not so sure I want to carry in other states for fear of arrest because I did not
    know of some silly little law still on the books. It used to be my vacation prep was a simple matter of planning where I want to go, the costs, check the map and go.
    Now I have to research every single possibility of concerning where and where not to carry.

Sure; I might prevail if arrested, but the cost would be prohibitive I'm sure.

Too many laws..far too much variance in the laws...and hard to dig out black letter law concerning this given too many laws and constant changes locally in each state.

Even full reciprocity with certain states does not guarantee I can carry in the same places which I am allowed in Indiana.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Re: Too many Laws?

I agree its rediculous. All our goverment knows how to do is react to a situation and make a law about it. Oh and waste our $ but that's another topic entirely. Laws don't prevent things from happening. All they do is allow someone to be punished after the fact. There are WAY too many laws about WAY too many things that now there is no sense of personal responsibility and common sense.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, it's tough to be a law abiding citizen.

While I no longer favor national reciprocity especially if the Federal government is involved, I would like all states to have State preemption. All laws regarding carry (and prohibited places) must be state law, eliminating the patchwork of municipalities and counties that may differ from state law.

I would like to see all states honor all other state's permits, just as we do with driver's licenses. But I don't care to see federal regulation of that. Just an agreement between all states.
    joker1, SmokinFool and mprp like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    I would like all states to have State preemption. All laws regarding carry (and prohibited places) must be state law, eliminating the patchwork of municipalities and counties that may differ from state law.
    Yep, it belongs in the states' hands. Incidentally, to your above comment, I used almost the exact same wording in my communications with my state reps when a preemption bill was working its way through our State House.

Too many Laws?

Just remember that "concealed means concealed" and "better tried by 12 than carried by 6".

Lets Be Careful Out There!
    Ron
    "Lets Be Careful Out There!"

Ron

mkh
    It does make it tough. Luckily In Florida the State to sole ownership of laws covering concealed carry and cities/counties can't override the State by put a few have tried and got slapped down.

Sponsored Links