Rep Moran held anti-gun town hall

This is a discussion on Rep Moran held anti-gun town hall within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Rep Moran held anti-gun town hall Woman to Rep. Moran: “Why aren’t you pro-choice [on] self-defense for women?” posted at 8:01 am on March 12, ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By Mike1956
  • 2 Post By oakchas
  • 2 Post By SigPapa226
  • 1 Post By IsaiahM33
  • 1 Post By phreddy

Thread: Rep Moran held anti-gun town hall

Woman to Rep. Moran: “Why aren’t you pro-choice [on] self-defense for women?”
    posted at 8:01 am on March 12, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

Good question — which is why Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA) evaded it by complaining about the length of the questions. Bear in mind that Moran held this townhall meeting specifically to discuss legislative responses to the Newtown shootings; it was titled “Preventing Another Newtown: A Conversation on Gun Violence in America.” If it’s a conversation, shouldn’t Moran be prepared to, y’know, converse? Instead, Moran refused to address the issue of self-defense for women:

See More: Woman to Rep. Moran: ?Why aren?t you pro-choice [on] self-defense for women?? Hot Air

I hope I spelled his name correctly .... is it with an O and an A or two Os?

Second Source:
    Gun Grabbing Dem Ignores Tough Question From Female Gun Owner At Town Hall
    Breitbart, 12 Mar 2013, 5:54 AM PDT

See More: http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...l-At-Town-Hall
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If it’s a conversation, shouldn’t Moran be prepared to, y’know, converse? Instead, Moran refused to address the issue of self-defense for women:

In all honesty, that's like asking the shoe store why it doesn't carry tomatoes. It was a conversation about guns and Newtown, and perhaps he hoped to keep it from heading off on a tangent?
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

He should have enough sense to realize it was about guns,(duh) and Newton,and some were going to bring up his thoughts on how he felt.If he wasn't there for that also,what's the purpose of discussing guns and Newton and i'm in Va.,smh.

VIP Member
    "Conversation" is grabber-speak for "anti-gun pep rally/lecture". Hope that clears it up a bit.
    OD*, SmokinFool and msgt/ret like this.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    If it’s a conversation, shouldn’t Moran be prepared to, y’know, converse? Instead, Moran refused to address the issue of self-defense for women:

In all honesty, that's like asking the shoe store why it doesn't carry tomatoes. It was a conversation about guns and Newtown, and perhaps he hoped to keep it from heading off on a tangent?
    The title of the town hall was “Preventing Another Newtown: A Conversation on Gun Violence in America.”
    Tangentially, gun violence is part of the equation. Guns are necessary for gun violence to occur. I.E.: I frankly, am in favor of gun violence against deadly force, or the potential for grave bodily injury.

I am also pro choice when a woman chooses to defend herself with a firearm against would be muggers, rapists, and other unsavory characters.
    SmokinFool and msgt/ret like this.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Wanna reduce violence in America? Put Moran and his son in prison. They are both thugs. See the link sent out by the VCDL A Moranic career: Rep. Jim Moran's violent political life | The Daily Caller

mkh
    I think it can be spelled either way.

He probably prefers Moran but Moron is interchangeable.

Info from VCDL Alert today

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not yet a VCDL member? Join VCDL at: Join VCDL Now | Virginia Citizens Defense League
    VCDL's meeting schedule: Upcoming Meetings | Virginia Citizens Defense League
    Abbreviations used in VA-ALERT: VCDL - Commonly Used Abbreviations

The anti-gun police chief on Moran's panel was Earl Cook from Alexandria City, NOT Arlington - my mistake and apologies to the Arlington Police Chief. (I got at least a dozen emails regarding that mistake )

A few more notes on the meeting from member Hugh Conway:

"Amongst other foolishness, [Chief Cook] could not explain away the arrest of the boy with the toy soldier. Twist of fate: the boy was an African American, and the local NAACP, is investigating his treatment. He repeated the common refrain that registration is needed to return stolen guns to their rightful owners.

The Retired BAFTE agent lost all creditability with the audience when he said Ft. hood was not a gun-free zone. He defended his statement saying he had seen guns at Ft. Hood.

In defense of the robustness of the pro gun crowd. The meeting was billed as a " Discussion". But, audience members could only ask one question, and no follow up was allowed. So, people got frustrated.

There were a lot of angry pro-gun women at The 'Discussion' who did not get satisfactory answers. "

Typical Liberal discussion .... sit there & listen to what I want, I don't care what your opinion is.

The women in Alexandria/NOVA need to get it together & get rid of Rep Moron (SP)!
    SmokinFool and Sig 210 like this.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

When Dems want to hold a "conversation", that means they don't expect YOU to speak. They intend on attacking your position and don't want to hear what you have to say on the matter. Oh, and facts only confuse their argument. Please do not use them.
    SmokinFool likes this.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Distinguished Member
    He is so deluded, he thought everyone agreed with him. He didn't expect any disagreement becuase he lives in his own little world. Yiou think they would have learned after the Obamacare towwhall meeting.
    SmokinFool likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    He is so deluded, he thought everyone agreed with him. He didn't expect any disagreement becuase he lives in his own little world. Yiou think they would have learned after the Obamacare towwhall meeting.
    This is an accurate description of the antis' thought process. They didn't expect the huge backlash from pro gun citizens. The antis are still living in denial. They still don't get it. That's why it's so important to keep the pressure on.

Just maybe Moran refused to answer the ladys question because he is opposed to guns for self defense. Some of the same idiots who rant about guns make excuses for violent criminals who use those guns. Convicted felons vote in over 40 states: Overwhelmingly they vote for Democrats like Moran.

Just pathetic.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Life Member

Links