Those Member Of Defensive Carry Who Have not Contacted Your Elelcted Officials

This is a discussion on Those Member Of Defensive Carry Who Have not Contacted Your Elelcted Officials within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; WHY NOT? What are you waiting for??? We need everybody in this fight! We should all be not only contacting our own legislators, we should ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By SmokinFool
  • 1 Post By KoriBustard
  • 1 Post By soonershoote
  • 1 Post By miller_man
  • 1 Post By Moby
  • 1 Post By hwarang54
  • 1 Post By Ghost1958
  • 1 Post By Cook74
  • 1 Post By ppkheat
  • 1 Post By Alex_C

Thread: Those Member Of Defensive Carry Who Have not Contacted Your Elelcted Officials

Those Member Of Defensive Carry Who Have not Contacted Your Elelcted Officials

WHY NOT? What are you waiting for??? We need everybody in this fight! We should all be not only contacting our own legislators, we should also be contacting those in other states who have gun related legislation (both good and bad) on their agenda. It's easier than you think. You can look over the letters here on DC that some of us have written, and then just make a few changes to make it your own, and send them off. Save a copy for your records. When it comes time to write to them again, just grab the copy you saved and make a couple changes to make it new and send it off again! Or if you're really lazy just send the same one again. They won't know it's the same.

Email your legislators now! Then follow up with phone calls at your first available opportunity. We're running out of time, people! Just do it! If you don't, we may all soon find ourselves wondering how we lost our rights!

Edit: By the way, if you have done your part, but you're not sure if your friends or family have, please talk to them and ask them to contact their elected officials also. That is, if they are pro gun. If they're not pro gun then obviously don't ask them to contact their legislators! But still talk to them and see if you can dispel any myths they believe about guns. I have turned around more than one person by giving them true and accurate information when they indicate they believe one or more of the myths.
    Last edited by SmokinFool; March 13th, 2013 at 11:16 PM.
    Moby likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    I've contact mine.
    SmokinFool likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

I've done mine, both US Sens, US Rep, State Rep and Sen, State Gov + others from other states....Popvox, Ruger, S&W, NRA, and GOA all have email system set up to contact your reps. You can also call them at their office in DC or your local office and leave your message.
    SmokinFool likes this.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

Distinguished Member
    Yep, we ALL need to do our part and make our voices heard as one! I've contacted mine, several times.
    SmokinFool likes this.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen to the OP

And then contact them again!!!!!

And YES, contact lliberal representatives informing them of donations to their competitors.
    THEN ACTUALLY SEND $10 TO THE OTHER GUY!!!!
    SmokinFool likes this.
    Psalm 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle.

Romans 13:4
    But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.

Thanks for doing your part guys.I hope the members here who haven't yet written their representatives will do so now. I had a little debate with a member who shall not be named (cough, Mike, cough). (Mike, I'm just yankin' your chain. No worries, man. We're cool.) I feel we have had some victories. But we are far from winning the war. And we can still lose it all if we're not careful. We need everybody to email or write (or both, preferably) their elected officials on this one. Over and over again. And call, over and over again. And contact legislators in other states when people from those states post here that they need your help. And they do need your help. This is a huge battle, guys. The anti gun crowd is putting the most pressure on our legislators and the American public that they have in a long time. We need to bring our A game. We need to keep up the pressure. And keep it up. We can't let up for a moment.

Edit: By the way, if you have done your part, but you're not sure if your friends or family have, please talk to them and ask them to contact their elected officials also. That is, if they are pro gun. If they're not pro gun then obviously don't ask them to contact their legislators! But still talk to them and see if you can dispel any myths they believe about guns. I have turned around more than one person by giving them true and accurate information when they indicate they believe one or more of the myths.

{I'm going to add this edit to my original post as well}

100 of times over. Not really, more like 20 times. I have YET to receive a response.
    SmokinFool likes this.

Did it done it still doing it getting responses though in my state and my fed reps its sort of singing to the choir.
    SmokinFool likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by hwarang54 View Post
    100 of times over. Not really, more like 20 times. I have YET to receive a response.
    In my experience, there are those legislator's offices who do not take the time to send a response, not even a canned one. I have noticed that this happens most with the ones who are anti-gun. No big surprise. They'll get a BIG wake up call come next election!

I have written several times now and have gotten good responses for our WA state gun control bills which look like they are now dead on arrival... they will not get out of the House... Oh, and I even cc'd NRA on my emails...

Still more to do so no slowing down folks... Keep it up and contact, contact, contact...
    SmokinFool likes this.
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

VIP Member
    Complacency is our enemy, let's not fall victim to the complacency paralysis.

Fill up the legislators email boxes and make their phones ring, the "squeaky wheels get the grease". MAKE NOISE AND LOTS OF IT.

Right now is the "easier" battle, if we let them have any victory, it will more difficult to un-do or go forward.

Don't forget the old saying about "crying over spilled milk".

Thanks to all the folks who have been working hard, and to those who haven't what's your excuse?
    SmokinFool likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

The link in the "letters to your reps" sticky takes you right to an NRA site which simply requires you to enter your info. Everything else, including a pre-written letter, is done for you. It takes less than 5 minutes for even the slowest typist out there. 5 minutes a day to keep up the pressure is NOTHING.

Do it! Do it now!
    SmokinFool likes this.

Links