Final Push: Today; Vote AGAINST EACH BILL at Governors COLORADO Site !! March 14

Final Push: Today; Vote AGAINST EACH BILL at Governors COLORADO Site !! March 14

This is a discussion on Final Push: Today; Vote AGAINST EACH BILL at Governors COLORADO Site !! March 14 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Governor John Hickenlooper - Contact the Governor Application Please vote AGAINST each individual Bill here. You can be from out of state, but please not ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Final Push: Today; Vote AGAINST EACH BILL at Governors COLORADO Site !! March 14

Exclamation Final Push: Today; Vote AGAINST EACH BILL at Governors COLORADO Site !! March 14

Governor John Hickenlooper - Contact the Governor Application

Please vote AGAINST each individual Bill here. You can be from out of state, but please not your dollars will never come to Colorado to fish, hunt, ski, etc.

Thank you.
    wmhawth, RicT and Poseidon like this.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Sir, I doubt that your governor will get any input from his staff nor will he request or care about any input this late in the game. The majority of our elected officials don't vote as requested by their constituents, they vote along party lines, the will of their large campaign contributors, their personal mind set and nothing that could/would effect their re election bid.

It is evident that his office received much mail, both pro and con, on gun control and I am also quite sure the reply to this input, if at all, was an answer all form letter. We the people have all but lost our voice in the direction of our future......
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Sir, I doubt that your governor will get any input from his staff nor will he request or care about any input this late in the game. The majority of our elected officials don't vote as requested by their constituents, they vote along party lines, the will of their large campaign contributors, their personal mind set and nothing that could/would effect their re election bid.

It is evident that his office received much mail, both pro and con, on gun control and I am also quite sure the reply to this input, if at all, was an answer all form letter. We the people have all but lost our voice in the direction of our future......
    We still have our voices. Whether or not those elected to serve listen or not is up to them. How we then respond is up to us.
    Rock and Glock and GoSlow like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Regardless of the effectiveness (or lack thereof) of the emails, I have sent them, Rock. And, I wish you God Speed.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post

We have to do what we can and at this point, what else is there? If we fail here which it appears we will, it won't be because these guys didn't hear from us. If they choose to ignore us they must know they do so at peril of being booted off their gravy trains at election time.
    Rock and Glock and 84160 like this.

Emails sent. Is he scheduled to sign them tomorrow?
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

Lead Moderator
    Sent .
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

US Army 1953-1977
    ‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    So.............You suggest I quit?

Never quit.

I just contacted Hickenlooper. Is there any chance he vetoes?

Sent - against Gun Control
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Quote Originally Posted by krisspy View Post
    Never quit.

I keep thinking maybe on HB1224, hi cap magazine ban. Probably wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by krisspy View Post
    Never quit.

Highly unlikely. If he does it would be on either the magazine ban or campus ban since they received the most attention via Magpul and the rape survivors.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

I sent emails to Hickenlooper on these yesterday. I told him I will not return to the state of CO with my tourist dollars if he signs these bills. I will do it again tonight, and every night until the issues are decided.
    wmhawth and 84160 like this.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Done
    wmhawth likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

There is a similar thread in the General Firearm Discussion Sub-forum. Mods, can we get these threads merged?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links