Gun registration and confiscation

This is a discussion on Gun registration and confiscation within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I recently saw an interview that Wayne LaPierre (of the NRA) did with Fox News journalist Stuart Varney. In that interview, LaPierre commented that the ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By heatherr855
  • 2 Post By SigPapa226

Thread: Gun registration and confiscation

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar

Gun registration and confiscation

I recently saw an interview that Wayne LaPierre (of the NRA) did with Fox News journalist Stuart Varney. In that interview, LaPierre commented that the UK passed a "gun registration" law with the promise to its citizens that such registration records would never be used to confiscate guns. However, the UK gov't broke that promise and did just that (confiscating most guns). To this comment, Varney agreed (by the way Varney is from England). I tried to do some research on the history of gun control in the UK and the role that their "national gun registry" played in the future confiscation but I haven't found any good sources that lay this out.

If anyone has any links, sources, information, timelines, etc. on what occurred in the UK I would be very appreciative if you could reply to this thread or PM me.

I'm trying to become better educated on the history of gun control and eventual confiscation, especially in democracies around the world.

Thank you!
    Last edited by KoriBustard; March 14th, 2013 at 07:06 PM.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

2. Remove Ads

Ugh...if an admin could fix the typo in my title from confUscation to confiscation...I would be equally grateful!
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    Ugh...if an admin could fix the typo in my title from confUscation to confiscation...I would be equally grateful!
    Relax, it works:
    Definition of Confuscation | New Word Suggestion | Collins Dictionary
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Take a look at the effectiveness of the laws. The Brits had only about 50 murders with gun involvement in 2011. But their violent crime rate was 4X the U.S. rate, and they had a lot of murders with alternate weapons. Apparently golf clubs and cricket bats can be lethal. Their total murder rate was 1.35/100,000 population. MN, with over 100,000 carry permits and guns in an estimated half the homes had a murder rate of 1.38/100,000 population. Violent people will kill, with or without guns. Peaceful people will not kill, even with guns. Granted, we in Minnesota are more civilized than most of the U.S.

Answering the question you actually asked, did you try this site?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_pol...United_Kingdom

Re: Gun registration and confuscation

You can fix it your own self... Click on edit post, when the editing screen comes up, click go advanced at the bottom... And

Viola! Or, voila, as you wish.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

The only reason the govt could want gun registration for,is eventually gun confiscation.If not,what other real reason would there be,for this?
    cmdrdredd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by heatherr855 View Post
    The only reason the govt could want gun registration for,is eventually gun confiscation.If not,what other real reason would there be,for this?
    You are correct there is no other reason. And our government seems to have forgotten that the United States isnt England etc. All they will do by trying wholesale confiscation here is to start a war that nobody wants but may be forced by their arrogance
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    You can fix it your own self... Click on edit post, when the editing screen comes up, click go advanced at the bottom... And

Viola! Or, voila, as you wish.
    Thanks...never noticed the "advanced tab"
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO

It is appalling how far liars, cheaters and thieves will go ... particularly once they've wrapped our reins of power and authority around our necks. Time and again, it has been shown how such ability has turned to a People's undoing. The U.K. and Australia are just two of the most-recent examples.

NEVER AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by KoriBustard View Post
    Thanks...never noticed the "advanced tab"
    Really? I live and breathe, by that sucker. I hate to think how ugly some of my posts would be without it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    You are correct there is no other reason. And our government seems to have forgotten that the United States isnt England etc. All they will do by trying wholesale confiscation here is to start a war that nobody wants but may be forced by their arrogance
    Actually, England is the reason we have a Second Amendment.
    Ghost1958 and Tzadik like this.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Links