Letter to me from Obama Re Gun Control

Letter to me from Obama Re Gun Control

This is a discussion on Letter to me from Obama Re Gun Control within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I wrote Obama & told him I was against any gun control. Here is his response. Note: I highlighted in bold a few sentences. The ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Letter to me from Obama Re Gun Control

Angry Letter to me from Obama Re Gun Control

I wrote Obama & told him I was against any gun control. Here is his response.
    Note: I highlighted in bold a few sentences.

The White House, Washington

Dear XXXXX:

Thank you for taking the time to write. I have heard from many Americans regarding firearms policy and gun violence in our Nation, and I appreciate your perspective. From Aurora to Newtown to the streets of Chicago, we have seen the devastating effects gun violence has on our American family. I join countless others in grieving for all those whose lives have been taken too soon by gun violence.

Like the majority of Americans, I believe the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms. In this country, we have a strong tradition of gun ownership that has been handed down from generation to generation. Hunting and sport shooting are part of our national heritage. Yet, even as we acknowledge that almost all gun owners in America are responsible, when we look at the devastation caused by gun violence—whether in high-profile tragedies or the daily heartbreak that plagues our cities—we must ask ourselves whether we are doing enough.

While reducing gun violence is a complicated challenge, protecting our children from harm should not be a divisive one. Most gun owners agree that we can respect the Second Amendment while keeping an irresponsible, law-breaking few from inflicting harm on a massive scale. Most also agree that if we took commonsense steps to curtail gun violence, there would be fewer atrocities like the one that occurred in Newtown. We will not be able to stop every violent act, but if there is even one thing we can do to reduce gun violence—if even one life can be saved—then we have an obligation to try.

That is why I asked Vice President Joe Biden to identify concrete steps we can take to keep our children safe, help prevent mass shootings, and reduce the broader epidemic of gun violence in this country. He met with over 200 groups representing a broad cross-section of Americans and heard their best ideas. I have put forward a specific set of proposals based off of his efforts, and in the days ahead, I intend to use whatever weight this office holds to make them a reality.

My plan gives law enforcement, schools, mental health professionals, and the public health community some of the tools they need to help reduce gun violence. These tools include strengthening the background check system, helping schools hire more resource officers and counselors and develop emergency preparedness plans, and ensuring mental health professionals know their options for reporting threats of violence. And I directed the Centers for Disease Control to study the best ways to reduce gun violence—because it is critical that we understand the science behind this public health crisis.

As important as these steps are, they are not a substitute for action from Congress. To make a real and lasting difference, members of Congress must also act. As part of my comprehensive plan, I have called on them to pass some specific proposals right away. First, it is time to require a universal background check for anyone trying to buy a gun. Second, Congress should renew the 10-round limit on magazines and reinstate and strengthen the assault weapons ban. We should get tougher on those who buy guns with the purpose of selling them to criminals, and we should impose serious punishments on anyone who helps them do this.

These are reasonable, commonsense measures that have the support of the majority of the American people. But change will not come unless the American people demand it from their lawmakers. Now is the time to do the right thing for our children, our communities, and the country we love. We owe the victims of heartbreaking national tragedies and the countless unheralded tragedies each year nothing less than our best effort—to seek consensus in order to save lives and ensure a brighter future for our children.

Thank you, again, for writing. I encourage you to visit Now is the time | The White House to learn more about my Administration’s approach.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama

He says "change will not come unless the American people demand it from their lawmakers", but he ignores my demand to leave the Second Amendment alone!

Note: If you visit the referenced web site (Now is the time | The White House) ... to learn more about my Administration’s approach, you can only register to support him, there is no place to register your opposition. This is how this communist administration works.
    AR15VSCoyote and Sheldon J like this.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

Thats because he only wants to hear from folks that agree with him which to your credit you dont
    OldVet likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    That letter is sent to everyone who weighs in, regardless of opinion.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Yup...got the same same generic, pc, anti-2nd amendment (veiled of course) jargon letter myself.
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    That letter is sent to everyone who weighs in, regardless of opinion.
    Yep, same letter I got a while back. Quite frankly I would love to send him another letter, but I'm not sure I can effectively articulate my thoughts in words he will understand, and I'm sure if I said what I think he really needs to here I'd probably have the Gestapo knocking on my door. I've most absolutely had it with him and his BS and I'm sick and freaking tired of listening to him lie to the entire country.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    I came into this world kicking and screaming, covered in someone else's blood; I'm fully prepared to go out the same way.

I have sent Obama several emails with Pro 2A and anti-gun control content. I doubt he has read any of them. And more than likely his staff sent them directly to the trash bin without a second thought. So far I haven't received a response back from my emails from the Obama administration which is fine by me.
    NONAME762 likes this.

That letter sounds like what BHO read from his teleprompter on TV.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

According to this letter, Barry thinks the Second Amendment is for "Hunting and sport shooting". I guess we must have it all wrong. Darn education failed me again.
    WE THE PEOPLE created the federal government. It is our “creature” as stated by Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson.
    Our “creature”, can lawfully do only what WE authorized it to do in our Constitution. WE did not give our “creature” power to control medical care or our guns. - Publius-Huldah

Quote Originally Posted by From the Prez
    In this country, we have a strong tradition of gun ownership that has been handed down from generation to generation. Hunting and sport shooting are part of our national heritage.
    We have a strong tradition of defense of liberty, repelling invaders and overthrow of tyrants, as well ... foreign and domestic.

Hence the 2A.

Hence the vehemence at the current robotic strip-mining of our liberties, bought and paid for by autocrats-r-us. (Well, "bought off" certainly, but paid for by each of us, the People.)

He just doesn't get it. He doesn't want to get the dragon he's raising from the dead. None of them do. Too bad. Reap what you sow.
    ColoradoNative, mprp and Tzadik like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    This guy lives in a fantasy land.

Like the majority of Americans, I believe the Second Amendment guarantees an individual right to bear arms.
    Did anyone else catch that^^^^and that^^^^is not a typo and he purposely omitted KEEP AND.

Not an individual's right to keep and bear arms but an individual right to bear arms.

So he believes the 2nd amendment guarantees only one of the following:

a single right to bear arms

an intended for one person only right to bear arms

a single person right to bear arms

a distinct indivisible entity right to bear arms

a distinguished by special characteristics right to bear arms

One thing we know for certain is that he does not believe that the 2nd amendment guarantees an individual's right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

"majority of the American people..."
    "The majority of Americans agree with me..."

Nest time you hear Obama speaking, see if he says these lines, or ones like them. I've been keeping track for a couple weeks, and he almost ALWAYS states this like it is obviously true. He is using it to push his agendas. I have noticed it not only on gun stuff, but also many other areas. He used it in this letter also.

Speak of the devil I got the same emailed letter from whoever it is that sends em out saying the exact same thing. I doubt hes read even one email or letter hes been sent on anything that some staffer didnt point out that he could use to bolster his positioin.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I got the same canned reply. He's going on again about "reasonable and commonsense measures." Sorry Barry, there's nothing "reasonable" or "commonsense" about them. The bottom line is that these politicians are willing to infringe on a right that is specifically mentioned in the BOR as being off limits. That's exactly why the words "shall not be infringed" are part of the amendment and why it is part of the BOR.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Got the same piece of drivel. I get more disgusted by the attitude this President and his lap dogs every day.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

You see Obama does not want to take your guns, he never did. So take off the tin foil all is well.
    We just need some reasonable adjustments we can all agree on.
    Remember you voted for him so live with it this is just the first phase.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links