“The citizens of Kansas belong to the United States”: NOT!

This is a discussion on “The citizens of Kansas belong to the United States”: NOT! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "On Thursday, March 14, the Kansas House of Representatives approved House Bill 2199, the Second Amendment Protection Act, which would nullify any new federal restrictions ...

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: “The citizens of Kansas belong to the United States”: NOT!

"On Thursday, March 14, the Kansas House of Representatives approved House Bill 2199, the Second Amendment Protection Act, which would nullify any new federal restrictions — passed either by Congress, presidential executive order, agency order, rule, or regulation — on firearms, magazines, and ammunition."

"On Tuesday, during a debate over the bill on the floor, one representative who was against the bill stated that Kansas should not “punish” federal agents ordered to enforce federal gun controls in the state of Kansas. “The citizens of Kansas belong to the United States,” said the speaker.

State Representative Brett Hildabrand (R-17) took to the podium and replied:

The citizens of Kansas do not belong to the United States. The United States belongs to the citizens of Kansas! We cannot allow the response, “I was following orders” to be an excuse for violating our Constitutional rights. How many atrocities have been committed in history by people simply following orders?

For the first time in three years, members broke chamber rules and erupted into applause."
    --------

Give that man (Hildabrand) a cigar!

Kansas House of Representatives Passes Gun Control Nullification

VIP Member
    Personally, I "belong" to no man, prince or nation. Anyone who wants to convince me otherwise better pack a lunch!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Sure, and that's what Hildabrand was saying. In responding to the other representative saying that citizens of Kansas "belong" to the U.S., he took issue with that very concept; it's the U.S. (as a political construct) that "belongs" to the people.
    tony1990 likes this.

Gave me goosebumps! In a good way!

Preach, brother!
    breakingcontact likes this.

Bravo Rep. Hildabrand!
    tony1990 and afojc like this.

The only one I 'belong' to is Mrs. Kilowatt3!
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Here's how it will start.
    Notice the mention of "has access to guns" is
    mentioned then quickly the focus goes to felons.
    So a woman's husband is arrested for a felony, the cops take her guns?
    The slope is being set up in the left coast. Of course.
    LiveLeak.com - Americans losing their guns.
    Psalm 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle.

Romans 13:4
    But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.

Give that man a box of Cigars!!!
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Give that man a box of Cigars!!!
    Give him a box of ammo!
    afojc, RickyD, Tzadik and 1 others like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Good for them,more should feel that way.I haven't read the whole thing yet,but,i believe a bill that our politicians are trying to pass,called S.C. firearms Freedom Act,is similar to the one Kansas is working on.
    gregnsc likes this.

Article on this from the KC Star already posted.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    Sorry folks, the applause is pathetic. It is support for one of the most outrageously unpatriotic notions
    imaginable.

Those who want to break the country apart by denying Federal Supremacy are denying constitution, history,
    and actual law--- they sound like the tax protesters who insist you don't have to pay income taxes based on
    some distorted theory of law they have.

No thumb up.

If a state does what is being proposed by Kansas, they will be in rebellion.
    Even during the darkest days of the civil rights fights of the 1960s, no state proposed arresting
    Federal officials who came in to enforce voting rights laws. The states knew better.

We are either one nation indivisible with a cohesive set of laws or we are not.

If the solons of Kansas think not, well they may well one day have to face some very stark reality.

"Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States." 18 USC § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "The citizens of Kansas do not belong to the United States. The United States belongs to the citizens of Kansas! We cannot allow the response, “I was following orders” to be an excuse for violating our Constitutional rights. How many atrocities have been committed in history by people simply following orders?"

Got to love that!
    heatherr855, afojc, darbo and 2 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Yea Heather i think its gonna be like Kansas is doing.I haven't read the whole thing myself.Thank god for our politicians trying to stand up for our gun rights
    heatherr855 likes this.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Links