Have you written the NRA?

This is a discussion on Have you written the NRA? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I've written my representatives (from local to federal) voicing my concerns over proposed gun legislation until my fingers hurt. I never really bothered writing the ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By RookWV

Thread: Have you written the NRA?

Have you written the NRA?

I've written my representatives (from local to federal) voicing my concerns over proposed gun legislation until my fingers hurt. I never really bothered writing the NRA folks because I just assume that they have my best interest in mind. The more I read and the more I learn, the more I realize the NRA really only has the NRA's best interests in mind. They are too cozy with too many that think restricting the 2nd Amendment further is a good idea.

Joe Manchin is one of those they are too cozied up with. Sen.Manchin has an "A" rating from the NRA.....I'm betting quite a few others that have an "A" rating are ready to jump in bed with Sen.Manchin's idea of furthering gun control. With a bunch of those "A" ratings and the added support of the NRA the floodgates could easily be opened because most of those who wouldl jump don't have yours and mine interests in mind, they have their political careers in mind.
    Joe Manchin fights uphill battle for gun deal - Manu Raju and John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

So I've written the NRA-ILA folks (NRA-ILA | ILA Home) and will continue to do so....you might want to reach out to them as well.

Please be aware that I am closely watching the collaboration of the NRA and Sen Joe Manchin.

I am not pleased with the current involvement the NRA has with Sen.Manchin and his efforts to expand background checks.

The NRA should be against ANY further restrictions of law abiding citizen's 2nd Amendment! Playing nice and being cordial is for dinner parties and membership drives not for the defense of the most critical constitutional right given to the American people.

Please distance yourself from ANY member or group that fancies more restrictions on the law abiding public. Push for enforcement of current laws and better mental healthcare.

Criminals don't follow the laws, criminals will be 100% unaffected by any efforts you and Sen.Manchin engage in.

It's a slippery slope on which the NRA stands. Members are watching you, non-member sportsmen are watching you...stand tall, stand proud and fight!!

Thank you for your time.
    Jeanlouise and SmokinFool like this.
    Concealed means hidden from ordinary observation so as to prevent disclosure or recognition. A deadly weapon is concealed when it is carried on or about the person in such a manner that another person in the ordinary course of events would not be placed on notice that the weapon was being carried.

2. Remove Ads

I agree 100% and will also write them....
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Gerry
    Ft Collins

Thanks RookVW. I'm on it.

It's a great idea to contact the NRA. After all, they are supposed to represent us, their members. I'm going to write them today! Thanks Rook. That was a terrific reminder.

VIP Member
    Yeah, unfortunately the NRA "grades" based on past voting record and here's why they claim his A rating:

Joe Manchin (D) – NRA Endorsement – A

Concealed Carry Reciprocity - Cosponsored S. 2188, "The National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act." This bill would ensure that law-abiding Americans with valid concealed handgun permits would be able to carry a concealed handgun in any other state that does not prohibit concealed carry.

Opposed a federal gun database – Cosponsored S. 570, a bill that would prevent ATF from circumventing the will of Congress by centralizing records of thousands of Americans' long gun purchases.

U.N. Gun Ban Treaty – Signed bipartisan letters opposing any international treaty by the United Nations or any other global organization that would impose restrictions on American gun owners.

"The Castle Doctrine" – As Governor, signed state "Castle Doctrine" legislation to restore the right to self-defense in a person’s home and property.

West Virginia Right-to-Carry – As Governor, signed state legislation to increase reciprocity for West Virginia Right-to-Carry permit holders.
    I believe it's time to reevaluate that rating and I will also send them an email asking that they do just that. In this game, you're only as good as your last 'pro-gun' vote. It's all too common for politicians to change their song as their party pressures them to, and it appears that Joe would rather tow the party line than support the Constitution.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Links