Gabby Giffords with AR-15 - Image Leak

This is a discussion on Gabby Giffords with AR-15 - Image Leak within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anything to get elected. "Leaked yesterday by Arizona radio host James T. Harris via an anonymous source, the above photo is of Congresswoman Gabby Giffords ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Gabby Giffords with AR-15 - Image Leak

Anything to get elected.

"Leaked yesterday by Arizona radio host James T. Harris via an anonymous source, the above photo is of Congresswoman Gabby Giffords holding an AR-15 back in October 2010. The photo was taken during campaign season by an anonymous source who is of law enforcement — the purpose of the photo was to ‘toughen up’ Giffords’ image. The photo was well known in the Arizona law enforcement community but had remained publicly concealed until yesterday."

Link to story:
    http://www.guns.com/2013/03/14/image...ds-with-ar-15/
    Attached Images
    Last edited by pipedream; March 15th, 2013 at 05:39 PM.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

Is anyone really shocked? This is called hypocrisy! It's the norm. with people trying to get elected.

VIP Member
    It's only wrong if you have an AR-15.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Well, they have publicly confessed to being actual gun owners.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Her and her husband who just purchased a black rife.......make me sick....he's capitalizing on her injuries for a future political run....IMO.
    84160, OD*, Spirit51 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Her and her husband who just purchased a black rife.......make me sick....he's capitalizing on her injuries for a future political run....IMO.
    This.........
    Just wait he is setting himself up for a political office run.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Not to sound like some sort of anti here but the Giffords have been relatively open with there change of stance post Gabby/Tucson shooting. Prior to her being shot they were pretty pro-gun, and opposed the Washington D.C. handgun prohibition situation. That at least that's my understanding from the interviews I have seen of them and other from a few other sources.

So while I don't agree with her current gun stance I am not sure I would begin criticizing her and her husband based off an old photo of her with an AR. Until I have been shot in the head and then made an amazing recovery I will reserve judgement on how someone and their husband should feel after that sort of event.
    Bark'n, pgrass101, niks and 2 others like this.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Ya know, my neighbor killed his wife years ago with a hammer.....no one banned hammers in my town. Why is it Regan who was shot didn't call for a ban on guns or after the Kennedy assassination there wan't a ban on guns.....your dealing with irrational people who are in it for the politics and money.....IMO.

Senior Moderator
    I will give them the right to change their minds, especially since part of hers got shot away.

The 1968 Gun Control Act was a result of JFK, MLK and RFK being assassinated.

I disagree with them but I am not going to criticize them for changing their minds
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Quote Originally Posted by IAm_Not_Lost View Post
    Not to sound like some sort of anti here but the Giffords have been relatively open with there change of stance post Gabby/Tucson shooting. Prior to her being shot they were pretty pro-gun, and opposed the Washington D.C. handgun prohibition situation. That at least that's my understanding from the interviews I have seen of them and other from a few other sources.

So while I don't agree with her current gun stance I am not sure I would begin criticizing her and her husband based off an old photo of her with an AR. Until I have been shot in the head and then made an amazing recovery I will reserve judgement on how someone and their husband should feel after that sort of event.
    I certainly can understand their personal feeling about the subject and would feel terrible if it happened to my loved one. But using her tragedy to promote himself into office is another thing. We all have heard the saying about not letting a tragedy go to waste.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member

There's a large difference in them changing their minds and them forcing their views upon me.

They, and anyone else, can be as anti-gun as they want to be and I'll support their right to be that way but when they start trying to make me conform to their views then I have a big issue with it.

Your rights end where my nose begins.
    OD*, airslot, Doghandler and 1 others like this.
    Concealed means hidden from ordinary observation so as to prevent disclosure or recognition. A deadly weapon is concealed when it is carried on or about the person in such a manner that another person in the ordinary course of events would not be placed on notice that the weapon was being carried.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palmgopher View Post
    Is anyone really shocked? This is called hypocrisy! It's the norm. with people trying to get elected.
    as Democrates.
    SigPapa226 likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Here's another one of Giffords.giffords ar15 2.jpg
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

I have no problem of anyone owning a firearm.. but these hypocritical politicians that use their office as leverage for their elitism, then preach to us on the same matters????? i am not surprised, but i have had enough of these people....TERM LIMITS please !
    Last edited by Kennydale; March 15th, 2013 at 05:11 PM. Reason: typo
    commonground and Hoganbeg like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links